The Student Room Group

Single most important factor when choosing a university

As the title reads, what's the most important factor to take into consideration when choosing a university in your opinion? And why?

Examples; reputation/prestige, course, location, campus, career prospects, social scene/sports
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
canteen
Reply 2
Original post by pmprin
canteen

#priorities
It's difficult to pick out a single one. The most important ones are:
1. Club scene
2. Drug scene
3. The presence of a nice tea house.
The most important thing is that you like the university.
Reply 5
The feel of the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Entry requirements. Don't apply to UCL for a course that wants A*AA when you have a btech lvl 69.
Check if the name of the uni is Wolverhampton.

if not, u picked the wrong uni
Reply 8
has your mum heard of it
Reply 9
What if for instance it's an EU student or international student, incapable of visiting? What then, would you recommend?

Personally, I think that the course is most important. Being that you have to study it for 3-4 years depending on your degree, I think it's crucial that you find all years interesting.

But I suppose it's hard to choose just a single factor, which is why it's interesting to hear your guys' opinion.
For me, probably the 'feel' of the university and whether I think I'll enjoy time there. That's the single most important factor, though of course I'll take other factors into consideration too.
Reply 11
Original post by GoldenSnow
For me, probably the 'feel' of the university and whether I think I'll enjoy time there. That's the single most important factor, though of course I'll take other factors into consideration too.

What do you mean by "the feel"?

Do you mean general atmosphere present at the university? The academic atmosphere, or the social atmosphere?
Original post by cazzem
What do you mean by "the feel"?

Do you mean general atmosphere present at the university? The academic atmosphere, or the social atmosphere?

I think is means combination of the three. The general feel sets the mood for everything that you experience at the university, the social atmosphere is of course important as you want to make friends and enjoy yourself, and the academic atmosphere ensures that you stay focuses as well, and enjoy learning.
Reply 13
Attractiveness of fellow students.
I'm interested to know as well. I have an option to go to UCL or KCL which one would you guys go to and why?
Reply 15
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
has your mum heard of it

LOL accurate :lol:
Prestige ngl.
Reply 17
X factor. Unless you have good taste in TV...
Is it in London or somewhere in the wasteland outside of it
Original post by yasaminO_o
Is it in London or somewhere in the wasteland outside of it

lol someone hasn't been to cambridge

large parts of london are **** holes (e.g. the entire east and most of the south).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending