(edited 7 years ago)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 41
Thanks for the reply and help
I really like the Uni!
Original post by Simple_student
Hey and yeah I do.. I'm just wondering if Kingston can offer a grade lower than BBB for pharmacy.. If I don't get the grades but however my grades look decent.. Would Kingston still give offer.. Coz Kingston is just my only choir for pharmacy.. I can't go outside London due to family problems

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Simple_student,

This would be down to the faculty to decide. Sometimes if the grade is just missed they will let you in, however, Pharmacy is a very popular course and it will depend on numbers and your application. I would suggest getting in contact with the department about any concerns you have and make sure you have a good personal statement as that can make all the difference. There is also the option of doing a foundation year if there are spaces.

I hope this helps,

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Original post by Tmans12
Thanks for the reply and help
I really like the Uni!

That's great to hear Tmans, please let me know if there is anything I can help you with!

Student Ambassador
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Simple_student,

This would be down to the faculty to decide. Sometimes if the grade is just missed they will let you in, however, Pharmacy is a very popular course and it will depend on numbers and your application. I would suggest getting in contact with the department about any concerns you have and make sure you have a good personal statement as that can make all the difference. There is also the option of doing a foundation year if there are spaces.

I hope this helps,

Student Ambassador

Thanks Chloe, I have sent off my ucas already and Kingston uni just messaged me through text by welcome letter
I'm hoping I can get a place
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dear Kingston!

(Postgraduate application) Tell me if i am wrong, but is it ok, that i will send my application in january, but i'm going to take my IELTS exams in spring, 2016? If i will meet the entry requirements and will get an offer from Kingston, will it be a conditional one? Can i prove my English requirements later? Thanks

Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Student Ambassador :smile:
Reply 46
Thanks Chloe, I have sent off my ucas already and Kingston uni just messaged me through text by welcome letter
I'm hoping I can get a place
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck bruh
Reply 47
I got an unconditional offer :biggrin:
Looking to study Medical Biochemistry (3 years BSc) hopefully! Any chance anybody knows the ratio of applicants and entrants for previous years? Really wanted to get into Kingston come September 2016! Also, does anyone know any information in regards to the 2016 bursary?
Hi I've applied for primary ed, wondering when to expect to hear back? Heard from all others except this and one choice. Also any idea what the timetable is like for the course
I've been waiting for Kingston pharmacy course and they still haven't replied to me back

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live quite far away (in Norwich) but I sent the uni an email saying I should be able to get to Kingston if they would like to interview me at any point. I'm applying for the psychology course and the creative writing & psychology course. Because this means so much to me, I'm really worried I will go to this interview and mess up big time on things I know and get myself in a muddle or that everything will just fly out of my head and I will just stand there gaping and not knowing what to say! :O I suffer from anxiety and stress quite a lot (and waiting to hear back is all but killing me, haha!) so I was wondering if you have any tips or pointers on what the interview might be like and if it's going to be like an interrogation of everything I'm supposed to know? (my worst nightmare!)

Thanks ^^
Original post by stefanzita
Dear Kingston!

(Postgraduate application) Tell me if i am wrong, but is it ok, that i will send my application in january, but i'm going to take my IELTS exams in spring, 2016? If i will meet the entry requirements and will get an offer from Kingston, will it be a conditional one? Can i prove my English requirements later? Thanks

Hi stefanzita,

I would suggest contacting our international student applications office about the IELTS exam as they will be able to help you. All information in on our website.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Student Ambassador
Original post by Welkom
I got an unconditional offer :biggrin:

Congratulations!!

Please let me know if you have any questions about Kingston that I can help you with :smile:

Student Ambassador
Original post by TheSalman
Looking to study Medical Biochemistry (3 years BSc) hopefully! Any chance anybody knows the ratio of applicants and entrants for previous years? Really wanted to get into Kingston come September 2016! Also, does anyone know any information in regards to the 2016 bursary?

Hello TheSalman,

I'm not sure the ratio of applicants and entrants as this will change every year.

Which bursary are you looking into?

Let me know and I'll help you as best I can!

Student Ambassador
Original post by MumNStudent
Hi I've applied for primary ed, wondering when to expect to hear back? Heard from all others except this and one choice. Also any idea what the timetable is like for the course

Hi MumNStudent,

I'm afraid there is no set time as there is a number of factors that could slow them down. Timetable will vary from year to year so no one will know until September.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Student Ambassador
I've been waiting for Kingston pharmacy course and they still haven't replied to me back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Simple_student

Please be patient and the university will get back to you when they can, they have a lot of applications to get through!

Student Ambassador
Original post by CallMeQueenie
I live quite far away (in Norwich) but I sent the uni an email saying I should be able to get to Kingston if they would like to interview me at any point. I'm applying for the psychology course and the creative writing & psychology course. Because this means so much to me, I'm really worried I will go to this interview and mess up big time on things I know and get myself in a muddle or that everything will just fly out of my head and I will just stand there gaping and not knowing what to say! :O I suffer from anxiety and stress quite a lot (and waiting to hear back is all but killing me, haha!) so I was wondering if you have any tips or pointers on what the interview might be like and if it's going to be like an interrogation of everything I'm supposed to know? (my worst nightmare!)

Thanks ^^

Hi CallMeQueenie,

First of all, you are not alone. A lot of students mention this to me as something they are worried about and the lecturers know! I've had experience with the Creative Writing lecturers and they have been absolutely lovely. The lecturers are people too and they know that almost all students they meet on interview day are a bundle of nerves. For that reason they won't interrogate you or ask you questions that you won't know the answer too.

I also have anxiety and I would say to email ahead and explain the situation (also make sure you apply for Disabled Student Allowance later, it really does help), so that the lecturers and staff are aware that you have anxiety. From what I know about interviews it's based a lot on your personal statement, why you want to study the course and things like that. I've never heard of anyone being interrogated! Just make sure you read over your personal statement so you know what's in it. I know it's hard but try and relax as much as you can, if you've got an interview they must have liked you on paper already!!

Please let me know if there is any way I can help!

Student Ambassador
Reply 58
Congratulations!!

Please let me know if you have any questions about Kingston that I can help you with :smile:

Student Ambassador

Are there any pictures of the accommodation aside from those on the website? It's the one thing about the KU website that is not great :frown:
Original post by Welkom
Are there any pictures of the accommodation aside from those on the website? It's the one thing about the KU website that is not great :frown:

Hi Welkom,

Sorry to hear that, I will pass your thoughts on to my colleagues. All of our photos are on the website, have you taken a 360 degree tour?

Do you have any questions about accommodation I could answer?

Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending