The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

At the last minute I decided to go watch Wednesday at MK Dons tonight, all I will say is the referee was one of the worst I had ever seen.
Game of the night at Loftus Road by some way. Great entertainment, and there was no way it was finishing goalless. I was gobsmacked we hadn't seen a team go into the break in front. It was end-to-end.

Robert Green still robbing a living.
Sure Brighton went down to 10 men as well.
Original post by Rock Fan
Sure Brighton went down to 10 men as well.

Sure were.

Just saw the Cardiff highlights. What a game!
Leeds trip to Brighton in February moved to a Monday night game. Sky and the football league really do not give a **** about the fans, do they? A 500+ mile round trip.
John Still sacked as Luton Town manager. He was one of the longest-serving in the Football League, so that's a shame.
Good comeback from Hull last night against Reading.
McDermott back in charge at Reading for a second spell, it has been confirmed finally.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Leeds trip to Brighton in February moved to a Monday night game. Sky and the football league really do not give a **** about the fans, do they? A 500+ mile round trip.

I would make a weekend of it down there, great nights out even if the football disappoints.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
I would make a weekend of it down there, great nights out even if the football disappoints.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But still, fans will need time off work and that wouldn't be cheap. Also, assuming you come back Monday night you'd be lucky to be home before 3am.
Same problem for the Leeds fans tonight who have a fairly long trip to Wolves.
But still, fans will need time off work and that wouldn't be cheap. Also, assuming you come back Monday night you'd be lucky to be home before 3am.

Ridiculous once more from TV chiefs. After the Exeter and Liverpool debacle, something needs to be done. It's so unfair on fans - and no wonder attendances are dwindling at some clubs.
At the last minute I decided to go watch Wednesday at MK Dons tonight, all I will say is the referee was one of the worst I had ever seen.

Dont you live in B'ham ?
Original post by redleader1
Dont you live in B'ham ?

Not anymore, Bedfordshire now.
Not anymore, Bedfordshire now.

Wasnt it far ? Did you go with the clubs supporters group or whatever?
Original post by redleader1
Wasnt it far ? Did you go with the clubs supporters group or whatever?

about 35 minute car drive Milton Keynes is these days with the new by pass they built. Met up with a mate.
Original post by Mackay
Ridiculous once more from TV chiefs. After the Exeter and Liverpool debacle, something needs to be done. It's so unfair on fans - and no wonder attendances are dwindling at some clubs.

It's probably a thanks to sky for inventing football back in the 90's. But, yeah I don't think Brighton v Leeds has been played at Saturday 3pm since they moved to the Amex. Don't quote me on that, but I think it's correct.
It's probably a thanks to sky for inventing football back in the 90's. But, yeah I don't think Brighton v Leeds has been played at Saturday 3pm since they moved to the Amex. Don't quote me on that, but I think it's correct.

Always bad for Football League clubs with high profiles. At least they localise Boxing Day matches to reduce fans travelling, but I can see that rule becoming archaic eventually.
about 35 minute car drive Milton Keynes is these days with the new by pass they built. Met up with a mate.

Ah right. Cool. I hope to go some games aside from Bradford in the near future :smile:

You can't live far from me!

In other news, curious as to who Fulham are going to appoint.

Quick Reply

Latest