The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mollsmae
I've not heard back from everywhere yet, but Winchester's my firm and i'm yet to choose my insurance!

Ah right,Winchester was nearly my insurance but I decided bath was it instead!
Original post by superfinfin
How fast are St Andrews, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Strathclyde? Anyone heard back from them? If so, how long did they take to get back to you?

My friend applied to Physics courses and heard back (unconditional offers) from Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt within a week.

My friend got a Strathclyde offer within a week but I haven't heard anything yet. What did you apply for?
Reply 1842
Leeds sent me an offer a week after applying, so they are relatively quick.
Original post by Mollsmae
Hi! What are you looking to study? I applied 2 weeks today and I've still not heard anything yet :frown:

Hey, I applied to the pharmacy course, what about you ? and I have applied in late October, and they have only sent they want to arrange an interview and didn't mention exactly when, since then, I haven't heard anything at all. I sent them an email asking them about the interview and they replied that they're really busy and that I'll hear a reply soon!
Original post by PlayerBB
Hey, I applied to the pharmacy course, what about you ? and I have applied in late October, and they have only sent they want to arrange an interview and didn't mention exactly when, since then, I haven't heard anything at all. I sent them an email asking them about the interview and they replied that they're really busy and that I'll hear a reply soon!

I got an offer today! :smile: I've applied for Education Studies and I sent my application 2nd December :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
When you have been rejected from a choice, do they normally email you a reason why or do you have to ask for feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh, an offer from Exeter. Applied late October I think, so that's quite a quick response for them.
I got an offer from Kingston in less than 24 hours :biggrin:
KCL - conditional offer within 48 hours
UCL - conditional offer within 4 days
Bristol - pending - probably going to take a few months considering 70% emphasis on PS/References.
QMUL - pending - possibly unconditional?
RHUL - Unconditional offer 6 days.
Original post by Windies
Bristol - pending - probably going to take a few months considering 70% emphasis on PS/References.

I've got an unconditional from RHUL too, to study English and French. What are you hoping to study? Do you know which offer(s) you'll accept yet? :smile:
Original post by rebecca30
I've got an unconditional from RHUL too, to study English and French. What are you hoping to study? Do you know which offer(s) you'll accept yet? :smile:

UCL firm
KCL insurance
and History
I got rejected from Bristol and got an unconditional for Wolverhampton today. I'm not too bothered about Bristol because I want to stay closer to home (Birmingham/Nottingham) but it just made me more nervous about rejection from the others!

My predictions are A*A*B but I have a supporting letter from my college highlighting extenuating circumstances at exam time, can anyone give me some confidence about applying for AAA universities?
Original post by Katiecartwright
I got rejected from Bristol and got an unconditional for Wolverhampton today. I'm not too bothered about Bristol because I want to stay closer to home (Birmingham/Nottingham) but it just made me more nervous about rejection from the others!

My predictions are A*A*B but I have a supporting letter from my college highlighting extenuating circumstances at exam time, can anyone give me some confidence about applying for AAA universities?

Why did you apply to Wolverhampton with those predictions?
Original post by Katiecartwright

What were your AS grades?
How was your PS?
Original post by h3110
Why did you apply to Wolverhampton with those predictions?

I live in Wolverhampton so I suppose I put it down as a last resort because I couldn't think of anywhere else. I've also applied to Warwick in addition to Birmingham and Nottingham
Original post by Windies
What were your AS grades?
How was your PS?

My AS grades were AAAC- But I stupidly carried on with the subject I got a C in. I thought my personal statement was okay actually, but upon reflection maybe a bit too formal and not as expressive as they'd have liked (I'm applying to do English)
Everyone ik irl has heard back from Warwick. I'm just waiting for them now been a month today since I got the acknowledgment.

Would firm Warwick as well, applying for PPE.
Sent my UCAS off like a week ago. Anyone know how long any of the following universities take:
St Andrews
Surrey
Kings College London
Kent

Loughborough (got an offer already)
Original post by Windies

Wow, that's really good! Congrats on your offers from UCL and KCL :h:
Just got an unconditional offer from Durham, applied on 7th December! Eagerly waiting for the rest now :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending