The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

Just rang Liverpool admissions, and the lady said they're going to start sending out rejections in December, send out interview invites in January and Interview dates are 1st, 8th and 22nd Feb!

Hope that sounds some peoples minds at ease! :smile:
Original post by Sophia08
Hi guys,

Just rang Liverpool admissions, and the lady said they're going to start sending out rejections in December, send out interview invites in January and Interview dates are 1st, 8th and 22nd Feb!

so basically if we don't hear in december its good news! wish i knew the gamsat cut off though...
Hi guys,

Thanks!
So hopefully we don't hear anything back before Christmas!
That's so scary, so we don't want to hear in December then! I bet they don't send all their rejections out in December.

I really wanna know the cut off. I'm so borderline so I'm expecting a rejection before intetveriew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

Thank you! How exactly do they determine their cut off...do they look at the strength of application too rather than just put a blanket score down without looking at the application like the other unis seem to have done
Do Liverpool look at anything other than the gamsat for interview? Or is it purely that score that gets ranked?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xangelspawnx
Thank you! How exactly do they determine their cut off...do they look at the strength of application too rather than just put a blanket score down without looking at the application like the other unis seem to have done

I'm guessing they look at the gamsat average and their own applicant pool to decide cut off? And then I *think* they invite everyone who meets cut off? And their minimum requirements (a levels, degree etc)

But i'm not too sure about Liverpool, they've been really vague and not given us much info about interview selection etc?
I'm guessing they look at the gamsat average and their own applicant pool to decide cut off? And then I *think* they invite everyone who meets cut off? And their minimum requirements (a levels, degree etc)

But i'm not too sure about Liverpool, they've been really vague and not given us much info about interview selection etc?

Hello one and all, though I would drop by and try and calm you all down and worry a little less :tongue:

To be honest it was a little vauge last year when my cohort went for selection. Though they will give you more definitive information closer to the time. Basically there is several themes that they look for quite a bit at interview for sure, possibly in the PS as well (though I can't remember if it extended to both) it's stuff like; Communication skills, empathy, the doctor as a scholar (basically the idea of how medicine is evidence based and how doctors now day's in some way have to be aware of this at all times and usually are involved in some form of research be it audits through to lab or clinical trials), the principles of being a doctor (benevilence, etc), etc.

One thing I need to point out to you all though. Last year there was no waiting list that we were aware of. Everyone got rejected who wasnt invited to interview, then offers were given out for the number of places on the course and everyone else rejected. But talking to the others in my cohort most of them ended up getting in by being rung up by liverpool offering them a place because people who were given an offer in the first batch declined the place in favor of another uni. I would say that only about 6 or 7 out of the 27 of us got in in the first round, so if you get to interview and are rejected initially don't give up all hope!

Also ask away and I will try and answer any questions you guys have. :3
Original post by TranquilRawr
Hello one and all, though I would drop by and try and calm you all down and worry a little less :tongue:

To be honest it was a little vauge last year when my cohort went for selection. Though they will give you more definitive information closer to the time. Basically there is several themes that they look for quite a bit at interview for sure, possibly in the PS as well (though I can't remember if it extended to both) it's stuff like; Communication skills, empathy, the doctor as a scholar (basically the idea of how medicine is evidence based and how doctors now day's in some way have to be aware of this at all times and usually are involved in some form of research be it audits through to lab or clinical trials), the principles of being a doctor (benevilence, etc), etc.

One thing I need to point out to you all though. Last year there was no waiting list that we were aware of. Everyone got rejected who wasnt invited to interview, then offers were given out for the number of places on the course and everyone else rejected. But talking to the others in my cohort most of them ended up getting in by being rung up by liverpool offering them a place because people who were given an offer in the first batch declined the place in favor of another uni. I would say that only about 6 or 7 out of the 27 of us got in in the first round, so if you get to interview and are rejected initially don't give up all hope!

Also ask away and I will try and answer any questions you guys have. :3

Thanks for this!

Do you know if they look at your PS before interview as well as your gamsat or if it is just gamsat?

Also, do they not offer more applicants than places because of people not always picking Liverpool? Or is it 29 offers and then a reserve list of people decline?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nope nothing :frown:
Reply 52
nope nothing :frown:

Same :frown:
Original post by kethan
Same :frown:

If it's true that rejections go out in December and interviews in Jan then I suppose we don't want to hear from them just yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard anything yet? I got a ucas track update and panicked a bit but it was just nottingham's follow up rejection >.<
Has anyone heard anything yet? I got a ucas track update and panicked a bit but it was just nottingham's follow up rejection >.<

Oh poop!

Sorry to hear that! Was it for the 4 year course?
Original post by Ooompalumpa
Oh poop!

Sorry to hear that! Was it for the 4 year course?

Hey ! Yes , I already knew I was rejected as they sent their direct cut off email..I just hadn't received the track update until now .

Same I just saw the track and I was like oh no! Checked this thread first and saw the message so made me feel better. Was also notts thank god... Need Liverpool
Original post by Catherine1193
Same I just saw the track and I was like oh no! Checked this thread first and saw the message so made me feel better. Was also notts thank god... Need Liverpool

May I ask what your GAMSAT score was?
Original post by Ooompalumpa
May I ask what your GAMSAT score was?

57 ... So I'm hoping to scrape the cut off for Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending