The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eiraMasiL
Thank you. I applied a while ago :smile: Are you an international student as well? Great to get to know someone that are planning to study Management!

Hi!

Yes, I am an international student. Currently pursuing the IB Diploma. Which high school course do you pursue (have finished)?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by spenncce
Hi! I'm a US student who just received an unconditional to study English! If you're from the US you should probably hear soon, I know some other people who have! Has anyone been to St Andrews/can they tell me what the town is like? Good luck to everyone!

The buildings are gorgeous in St. Andrews! The sea is so pretty and it is very easy to navigate the town, even on your first visit. The people are very nice and extremely well dressed. It's a little windy, but I would say not as windy as Edinburgh. Congrats on your offer! I'm a US applicant for IR and Modern History, but I'm still waiting on a decision.
Reply 282
I'm a UK student and I received an unconditional Geography offer earlier. I visited St Andrews before applying and was struck by the community feeling and how they like to maintain traditions. The town is small but as there is a tourist industry and students are generally wealthier than in other university towns, there are more shops/supermarkets etc. than one would expect! Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Alfpalf
Congrats, I also got an offer for Physics today. Was expecting to have to wait until at least January to find out so was a pleasant surprise.

I'm applying for physics too im sending my application off next week but I'm getting so worried my personal statement won't be good enough. How much time did you put into your statement ?
Original post by physics1234
I'm applying for physics too im sending my application off next week but I'm getting so worried my personal statement won't be good enough. How much time did you put into your statement ?

I wouldn't worry too much about your statement, your grades are what get you offers, especially for a course like physics.
I did take time with my statement although I had an early deadline so I had to do corrections quite quickly. As long as your teachers say it's fine then don't be concerned.
Got an offer for Psychology from St Andrews today! Any one else?
Original post by woahjvck

Congrats! Are you an international student? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adynaton
Congrats! Are you an international student? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! And nope I'm a UK student

Same here!! :biggrin:
Original post by niamhscarlett
Same here!! :biggrin:

Congrats!! What college did you apply to?
Have any UK students received offers for Classics, English or Comparative Lit yet? This wait is killing me
Thanks! And nope I'm a UK student

Great! When did you send your application, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adynaton
Great! When did you send your application, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It got sent of by my school on the 5th of November, so quite a while ago!
Reply 293

Got one (a few weeks back) as well! :yay:
It got sent of by my school on the 5th of November, so quite a while ago!

Right! Well, congrats again, hope to see you next year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where does St Andrews rank in your preference of unis? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone gotten an offer from the Biology department? I know they select students by departments, and I haven't heard anything. Maybe the bio department waits a while? Anxious!

Is that unconditional or conditional? I'm a UK student and have been told to expect to find out around February but it seems some people are already getting them.
Original post by 06porterr
Is that unconditional or conditional? I'm a UK student and have been told to expect to find out around February but it seems some people are already getting them.

It's a conditional offer for AAA. I wasn't told much after the initial email and I'm a UK student too
Original post by tyraelis
Has anyone gotten an offer from the Biology department? I know they select students by departments, and I haven't heard anything. Maybe the bio department waits a while? Anxious!

I haven't heard anything yet either - I applied to do Biochem.:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending