The Student Room Group

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2016 entry

I couldn't find one for PG 2016 KCL students, so here goes.

Anybody out there? Slightly early!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yup! Applied to MA International Conflict Studies. Got everything in, just waiting for professor's letters. Also applied to LSE but I would be happy with either. I just want to get in somewhere! Hate the waiting....
Reply 2
Original post by michill
Yup! Applied to MA International Conflict Studies. Got everything in, just waiting for professor's letters. Also applied to LSE but I would be happy with either. I just want to get in somewhere! Hate the waiting....

Nice. I received my offer for MA Philosophy this morning. Good luck!
Reply 3
Yes, just recently started my personal statement for MA International Relations. I plan on submitting the application before Christmas as I have to wait for my semester grades before I apply. (Planning to get a high GPA this semester so want the extra boost)
Reply 4
I have an unconditional offer to do MA Public Policy! I'm still waiting to hear from other schools before I decide where to go eventually. The programme at King's looks great, of course. Anyone else got into the same course?
Reply 5
Got my offer for MA International Conflict! Still waiting for my second rec to come in to hear from LSE, but I'm so excited to know I'll be in London next year.

It's definitely a lot of weight off (and means not having to job search next semester!)
Reply 6
Original post by michill
Got my offer for MA International Conflict! Still waiting for my second rec to come in to hear from LSE, but I'm so excited to know I'll be in London next year.

It's definitely a lot of weight off (and means not having to job search next semester!)

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm so excited to be spending next year in the UK! It feels surreal that this time next year we would be in London. I'm from Asia so it will feel like a total change of environment.
Reply 7
Hi guys,

I applied and got an offer for the MA War Studies. Anyone else also applying for it?

Good luck all on your applications! (KCL seems to be handing out offers fairly quickly, they won't let you wait too long)
Reply 8
Have a conditional offer for International Management :smile: Good luck to all those waiting to hear!
Reply 9
i got conditional offer for MSc(Public Policy and Management) from KCL .. Waiting for Uni of Birmingham outcomes... Birkbeck rejected me... :/

hope we might bump into each others at certain modules if I go to KCL.. =D I am from SE asia.. r u from asia too?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
[QUOTE=kokomdy;61270867]i got conditional offer for MSc(Public Policy and Management) from KCL .. Waiting for Uni of Birmingham outcomes... Birkbeck rejected me... :/

hope we might bump into each others at certain modules if I go to KCL.. =D I am from SE asia.. r u from asia too?

Nice! Don't worry too much about Birkbeck. KCL is far more prestigious internationally. What's your profile?
Reply 11
Original post by ahllb
Nice! Don't worry too much about Birkbeck. KCL is far more prestigious internationally. What's your profile?

i m currently working and doing a part-time first degree in engineering management.. due to my nature of work, the public policy got my attention... and i applied chevening for public policy and management course... KCL is waiting for my degree final result and then IELTS test... =D.. i am currently from SG, originated from Burma..
Reply 12
Original post by ggggg123
Hi everyone!

How long did it take to receive an offer?

It took me around 4 weeks IIRC
Reply 13
After new years then para mi - my references came in about an hour ago.

I had hoped 'quick' would mean 'like, four hours, cause that's totally reasonable'.

WAH i can't stand this waiting.

i got mine after 2 weeks of submitting the reference that they requested.
Reply 14
I take it all back - I got an offer today!!! That was so bloody quick. References in on Tuesday, offer on Friday. WOOOOOOOOO.

Not sure if I'll accept yet (depends on other unis), but it's such a relief to know I'll end up in London either way.

Congrats.. wat major you applied for?
Liking the quick response from KCL here! Hopefully I'll hear soon.
Do you guys know if they only start looking at the applications as both of the references are received? I am kind of annoyed because my grades came in later and now one of my professors left for holidays, so although he has written the reference he doesn't have internet access, so might not be available to send it before January 4th. I mean I know it isn't like a huge deal since I guess they won't really check the applications over the holidays anyway, right?
I'm just stressing because everyone is getting their acceptances and I'm still waiting one reference (but have submitted and paid).
Reply 17
Original post by aipoissac
Do you guys know if they only start looking at the applications as both of the references are received? I am kind of annoyed because my grades came in later and now one of my professors left for holidays, so although he has written the reference he doesn't have internet access, so might not be available to send it before January 4th. I mean I know it isn't like a huge deal since I guess they won't really check the applications over the holidays anyway, right?
I'm just stressing because everyone is getting their acceptances and I'm still waiting one reference (but have submitted and paid).

They consider your application once it's complete. They won't check unless both references are in. What subject is this for? It may differ.
Original post by ahllb
They consider your application once it's complete. They won't check unless both references are in. What subject is this for? It may differ.

International Relations in the Department of War, it is quite a well known department so I think they will probably wait for both of them to be submitted.
Oh well.. hopefully first days of January won't be too late. :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by ahllb

I got a conditional offer with War Studies with only one reference in. But you're definitely right it's probably different for each department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending