The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Rk2k14
Cant get my head around why Pep would go to the City.
Barca
Bayern
City.

Has to go to a club that has a serious identity.

Honestly not sure on Mourinho. Quality no doubt but his standards are atrocious.
Then again, is that the price we have to pay to reach the top level again?

He'd go there if we don't go in for him which I can see happening but yeah he'd most likely choose us over city if we wanted him.
Mourinhio and Ronaldo will come to United, this is exactly what we need to be put back into the elite bracket of European football. Great news!!!!!
Original post by KingKoala
Mourinhio and Ronaldo will come to United, this is exactly what we need to be put back into the elite bracket of European football. Great news!!!!!

please just no...
If Guardiola is heading to the PL, United - regardless of LVG's situation unless he wins the double - have to push for a conversation with him. I was reading he could, possibly, take a sabbatical for a year and tbh, he very well could. He's not like Mourinho when a job is nearing its end, he's already thinking and organising his next job, he's focused on what he's doing and probably doesn't think about his next job until he's contractually free from a club so still up in the air even though City are favourites.
Original post by trapking
please just no...

Huh??
First time seeing the new layout on my laptop. Yeah, pretty crappy. Someone needs to tell the designer that less is more.
@SA-1
Think you should tag Mad Vlad and ask him whats up with the shambles.
In case any of you hadn't heard or noticed, Rooney is not injured.

The people that know exactly what is happening can't go into detail for legal reasons apparently. But it seems he has some sort of drinking problem. He will not feature vs Norwich.

Funny it was always said on here Rooney would have to go/ be benched or LVG would end up having to go. They both might end up out the door now in the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting if true.

Makes complete sense why Fergie always drops him for the Xmas period and he's always gaining weight. :lol:

Guy been getting into the festive spirit and that.
Talk about a captain setting an example.

Said he should never been captain in the first place. Lacked the qualities.
Original post by hayles101

The people that know exactly what is happening can't go into detail for legal reasons apparently. But it seems he has some sort of drinking problem. He will not feature vs Norwich.

Funny it was always said on here Rooney would have to go/ be benched or LVG would end up having to go. They both might end up out the door now in the summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your Twitter is on Redcafe Rooney thread:smile:
Dont give out any info.. except in secret private messages.

Don't think this will be as bad as Ferdinand 8 month ban if its a test he has failed? Won't be missed as much but Β£300k a week not even playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he has a drinking problem surely that's a sackable offense?
Turning up to your job pissed isn't something that is allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I saw this rumour surface a few weeks ago when he was first out of the team, originally came from Red Issue who were very accurate with a lot of the reports about Moyes (being to study Jagielka etc). I've seen depression mentioned as well, and alcoholism is extremely common in depressed men, however given how strict LVG is it's incredibly hard to believe that he'd have kept playing Rooney despite knowing all of this.
Original post by Seabear11
If he has a drinking problem surely that's a sackable offense?
Turning up to your job pissed isn't something that is allowed.

It would for most other people, but this is football, an industry where no one ever deals with their problems in an appropriate manner.

If the reports of depression/alcholoism are true, he and the club need to put the work in to help him get better, regardless of his talent on the pitch.
Mitten denying what he said, now that it's all over twitter and random fan accounts are quoting him.

But I've seen it with my own eyes. Clearly trying to cover now that it's no longer private.

But what is odd, is Rooney trained this week. What be very shocked (and a bit horrified tbf) if he starts. Really want to know what the hell has been going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Club have probably threatened legal action against anyone who talks about it. If there's any truth in it there won't be long before one of the tabloid rags pick it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rooney's a lightweight. George Best was drunk most of the time he was playing and still nobody could touch him.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Rooney's a lightweight. George Best was drunk most of the time he was playing and still nobody could touch him.

Massive gulf in ability my well educated bredrin.
Original post by united2000
Your Twitter is on Redcafe Rooney thread:smile:
Dont give out any info.. except in secret private messages.

Don't think this will be as bad as Ferdinand 8 month ban if its a test he has failed? Won't be missed as much but Β£300k a week not even playing.

All rooney matters aside....
What do you mean ferdinand? He didnt fail it, it was just a bloody misunderstanding. SAF said so himself.
Sad if true. I've said many negative things about Rooney, but he has my sympathies if he's suffering with mental health issues.

I don't know if I believe it, though. He has played many games this year, and if he was ill, I don't think he would have played so much. If Van Gaal tried to play him through these issues, that was a terrible decision.

Latest