The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by happydays507
Hey!
I think I was in your group! (red) How did you find it? I think some of the stations were really off-putting and strange (I have a specific one in mind)

I was in your group too. Hahaha!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by blxckatoro
Yeah oluwamosope/josh 😂 Yeah I think it went okay but the more i think about it the worse it went :smile:

Ooooh I remember you! I wasn't in the same rotation group as you though aha
Original post by Gilezzz
What is you don't do well for your gcses but do well for a-levels?

Of course, if your A-level results are good, then this will improve your application for sure - you'll need a minimum of AAA for most medical schools. However, it's important to keep in mind that sometimes to select who gets an interview, GCSEs (as well as the UKCAT, which is a significant factor) are taken into account initially.
Check out this link for the GCSE requirements for maths, english and science for medical schools:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements
Keep in mind that this was correct as of 2013, you may need to check the uni webistes to verify. Hope this is useful!
I heard the Birmingham MMIs were manic ... my King's one isn't until mid-Feb but Notts is the start of Jan... not sure how I feel about MMI

But I'm feeling pretty nervoussss
Hi guys. I got an interview at King's today (yay) but I've seen they want certificates for my GCSEs. I haven't told UCAS I took business studies GCSE so when I upload my certificate, will it start ringing alarm bells? :/

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Original post by ultimatesword
Hi guys. I got an interview at King's today (yay) but I've seen they want certificates for my GCSEs. I haven't told UCAS I took business studies GCSE so when I upload my certificate, will it start ringing alarm bells? :/

No, I forgot to mention Short Course GCSE P.E. on my UCAS application last year and I was still given offers
Original post by yasaminO_o
No, I forgot to mention Short Course GCSE P.E. on my UCAS application last year and I was still given offers

Oh wow thank you. That's a massive sigh of relief for me honestly. Thanks so much

Reply 727
Anyone got an interview on the 25th January? Plenty of time to prepare I think :biggrin:
Oh wow thank you. That's a massive sigh of relief for me honestly. Thanks so much

Not at all, good luck :smile:
Original post by muchensmile
Anyone got an interview on the 25th January? Plenty of time to prepare I think :biggrin:

I have and i'm so nervous, havent started preparing yet though so maybe that's why 8-)
Reply 730
Original post by Hze11dhu
I have and i'm so nervous, havent started preparing yet though so maybe that's why 8-)

I got Christmas Holidays to prepare for it, you?
Original post by muchensmile
I got Christmas Holidays to prepare for it, you?

I've got the holidays but also got exams to revise for and coursework to do. What time is yours? Mine is 3.15
Original post by yasaminO_o
Not at all, good luck :smile:

Thank youuuu. I've been reading this thread and I've seen you're applying this year too? Hope everything goes well with you too!

Thank youuuu. I've been reading this thread and I've seen you're applying this year too? Hope everything goes well with you too!

Thank you :smile:
Yeah, with mitigating circumstances; I became ill during my exams, missing my offers :/
Original post by ss2626
I'm an international student and havent received an interview yet so i'm getting sort of nervous!
My stats are :
Ukcat : 712.5 Band 1
GCSE equivalent: 8A*s 2As
Predicted A2 : A*AAA (bio chem phy maths)

what are my chances?

you stand a better chance with me
When assessing your application, do King's read your personal statement?

Reply 736
Don't worry too much about the interview. I managed to get an interview (the last one) last yearand had an offer the following day. Also my ukcat wasn't that great but still got an offer
Anyone think King's might give us earlier decisions compared to last year since they started interviewing earlier?
Original post by MrZebraCookie
Anyone think King's might give us earlier decisions compared to last year since they started interviewing earlier?

When did they start giving them out last year? 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mikey448
When did they start giving them out last year? 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know but they definitely started interviewing in January. This year some ppl had interviews in December.
It would be great to hear back earlier than March :smile:

Latest