The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luce0506
Hi, I had my interview for UoB last Wednesday too! I'm still waiting to hear back, I'm too impatient! Let me know when you hear anything and good luck :smile: x

Hi you heard anything from UoB yet?? :smile:
Original post by hanna_h
I'm supposed to have an interview at york this Saturday but my brother is in hospital so I've asked if I can request another date instead. Does anyone know if they'll let me do this?😔

Hi Hannah, I can not see why not!
I would call them and explain the situation.
It isn't like you just can not be bothered, it is a genuine reason. Your university should be understanding of that :smile:
Original post by amyc789
Got an offer today! Applied for PgDip though so may be different to undergrad! Hope you hear soon :smile:

Wow! That's amazing!! Congrats! I applied Bsc!
Original post by laylaaa_xx
Hi you heard anything from UoB yet?? :smile:

No I haven't it's killing me! Have you??
Good luck with all interviews everyone!
Hey guys, I've just had an email from Northampton uni to do the online maths and literacy test, I'm really scared because I'm awful at maths! Has anyone else done it and what is the pass mark?
Original post by tiffsssx
Hey guys, I've just had an email from Northampton uni to do the online maths and literacy test, I'm really scared because I'm awful at maths! Has anyone else done it and what is the pass mark?

I did it a month ago and didn't get my results so asked for them and was told that despite getting 92% in maths it wasn't good enough to pass and they wanted 100%!! Although I know someone elsewhere who only got 80% so I dunno, maybe different branches are different.
Bbc bitesize is good to revise on for them cos theirs is more maths based in terms of needing to know maths rather than some others I've done, which were just too do with conversions
Hope that helps a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody got an interview for DMU or Kings College London? They are my only two that I haven't heard from. I'm doing Children's nursing; have an interview from BCU and got rejected by Coventry and Manchester!
Original post by Hannah Bee
hi I have a test at De montford tomorrow. is it just a test because I only got one email from them?

Yeah if the email just says tests youll just be having them and they get back to you within a week or so with an update. I passed and have been called in next yr for the interview x
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieBee1997
Anybody got an interview for DMU or Kings College London? They are my only two that I haven't heard from. I'm doing Children's nursing; have an interview from BCU and got rejected by Coventry and Manchester!

Yep ive been called in for interview for adult nursing in Jan. Whens your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats to those who've secured offers! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm STILL waiting on my lecturer to finish my reference :/ it should be done by tomorrow but getting anxious as thought the universities didn't give out offers until interviews were done :s-smilie:

I'm applying to Teesside, Bournemouth, Kingston and Leeds! :smile:
I've got a conditional offer from Northumbria for adult nursing for March 17 :smile: Has anybody else heard anything yet who was at the Northumbria interviews on Monday 7th December
Guys I need serious help,

Basically there's been a huge change in my personal circumstances and I'm now ABLE to resit more of my AS levels.. I put down that I'm resitting Sociology on my ucas form BUT not my ICT resit as I was suppose to have surgery on the resit date (hence I couldn't resit it as I would've been 2 months out of college etc)

So anyway, now I can resit my ICT, I had a meeting with my teachers the other day talking about resits (as I got DDU last year due to personal issues) and ive been put in to resit ICT Theory.. the question is..as I've not put it on my ucas form.. in which was sent off 26th October what am I supposed to do now? Shall I ring up UCAS and ask if they can put it on, if they can? Or is there anything else I can do about this resit and ucas?

BTW. .I've not had any offers/interviews (applying for nursing) as yet so I'm supposed that's an advantage? Anyone? Please help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, has anybody who has had interviews at Northumbria and or York for CHILDREN'S NURSING heard anything back as of yet??
Reply 1414
Original post by CaitlinN15
Guys I need serious help,

Basically there's been a huge change in my personal circumstances and I'm now ABLE to resit more of my AS levels.. I put down that I'm resitting Sociology on my ucas form BUT not my ICT resit as I was suppose to have surgery on the resit date (hence I couldn't resit it as I would've been 2 months out of college etc)

So anyway, now I can resit my ICT, I had a meeting with my teachers the other day talking about resits (as I got DDU last year due to personal issues) and ive been put in to resit ICT Theory.. the question is..as I've not put it on my ucas form.. in which was sent off 26th October what am I supposed to do now? Shall I ring up UCAS and ask if they can put it on, if they can? Or is there anything else I can do about this resit and ucas?

BTW. .I've not had any offers/interviews (applying for nursing) as yet so I'm supposed that's an advantage? Anyone? Please help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, try not to panic!

How many full A-levels are you going to be doing if you don't include the ICT that you're resitting? Is ICT a fourth AS?

I expect any offers would be made on three full A-levels, so if ICT is going to be one of those and you're now re-sitting, I would call UCAS and let them know as well as email the universities directly. If you are only doing three A-levels including ICT then the fact you are resitting makes a difference because it could mean you are more likely to achieve any offers.

Hope this helps! Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1415
Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl
Congrats to those who've secured offers! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm STILL waiting on my lecturer to finish my reference :/ it should be done by tomorrow but getting anxious as thought the universities didn't give out offers until interviews were done :s-smilie:

I'm applying to Teesside, Bournemouth, Kingston and Leeds! :smile:

Don't worry! Some universities don't give out any offers until after the UCAS deadline. Others do make offers but you will still be considered equally as long as you apply before January 15th. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethey180
Hi all, has anybody who has had interviews at Northumbria and or York for CHILDREN'S NURSING heard anything back as of yet??

Hello, I haven't heard back from Northumbria (interviewed 1st Dec) and then nothing from York, I rang the other day, the lady who does admissions is off until the new year, so no more interviews or any offers will be sent out until then :smile: when did you interview at York?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fc93
Hi there, try not to panic!

How many full A-levels are you going to be doing if you don't include the ICT that you're resitting? Is ICT a fourth AS?

I expect any offers would be made on three full A-levels, so if ICT is going to be one of those and you're now re-sitting, I would call UCAS and let them know as well as email the universities directly. If you are only doing three A-levels including ICT then the fact you are resitting makes a difference because it could mean you are more likely to achieve any offers.

Hope this helps! Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

I'm doing: A2 Sociology and ICT and AS Health .. so...yeah :frown:

I've applied to university such as Robert Gordon and Edinburgh Napier in Scotland (i live in England) where you need CC at A2 as minimum.. (I'm predicted: CC (A2) A (AS)) now because I'm resitting I'm predicted BB but they can't change them now so I'm really worried

I have no idea what I'm gunna do if I can't get into unis...at all if I don't get any offers from these unis.. Stirling (CCC- just tried it because you never know), Robert Gordon (CC), Edinburgh Napier (CC), West of Scotland (CC), Dundee (CC) :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got my first offer!! It's a conditional from Wolverhampton but it's for the January 2017 intake which is better than nothing I guess! Gives me more time to save for uni haha!
The thins is they haven't told me what the conditions are?! 😱 I've already got my a levels...!!
Original post by Sezena
I just got my first offer!! It's a conditional from Wolverhampton but it's for the January 2017 intake which is better than nothing I guess! Gives me more time to save for uni haha!
The thins is they haven't told me what the conditions are?! 😱 I've already got my a levels...!!

Hi congrats on your offer, can I aske when you had your interview for Wolverhampton? I had mine on 9 December and they said I would hear within 10 days and that it would be before Christmas but still not heard anything yet x

Quick Reply

Latest