The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kat129
Just received an unconditional offer to study Children's and Young People's Nursing at BU! Absolutely delighted :-)

Congratulations, an early Christmas present for you! Hope we'll see you soon, and if not then we look forward to seeing you in September.

Katie
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by MillieBevan
Got an offer from Bournemouth to study Sport Psychology and Coaching Sciences :-)

Fantastic! Did you do something nice to celebrate? If you've got any questions about becoming a BU student, just ask me or one of our student ambassadors.

Katie
Original post by Bournemouth University
Fantastic! Did you do something nice to celebrate? If you've got any questions about becoming a BU student, just ask me or one of our student ambassadors.

Katie

Hi Katie,

Do you know when the admissions team at BU finish for Christmas? (i.e. should I stop checking track every 5 minutes?!)

Happy Holidays!
Reply 43
Hi! Can I ask out of interest, what your interview date was? I'm desperately checking my hub multiple times a day in the hope of some update. Driving myself insane!!
Reply 44
My interview was on the 8th December and I received my offer on the 16th.

Original post by Sjr22
Hi! Can I ask out of interest, what your interview date was? I'm desperately checking my hub multiple times a day in the hope of some update. Driving myself insane!!
Reply 45
Daft question time! Do students bring laptops into lectures to take notes etc or is it still done with good old fashioned pen and paper? I am coming in as a mature student and have no idea what is normal.
Reply 46
I was on the 8th too 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
For Children's Nursing?

I would say that no news is good news. They did say that anyone that is an obvious rejection finds out quickly so they can get feedback to them. A few get offers immediately and the rest go into a pool. They said that it may take until March to hear. Sorry. I am one of the lucky ones.

Original post by Sjr22
I was on the 8th too 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Yes. Just hoped I was one of the lucky ones. Congrats to you though!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RadioBlaBla
Hi Katie,

Do you know when the admissions team at BU finish for Christmas? (i.e. should I stop checking track every 5 minutes?!)

Happy Holidays!

Hi RadioBlaBla,

Officially we close for the Christmas break on Christmas Eve, although quite a few staff are finishing a bit earlier. After Christmas Eve, there won't be anyone back in until 4 January, so you can give yourself a break from checking track between those dates! I hope that helps and good luck!

Katie
Hi RadioBlaBla,

Officially we close for the Christmas break on Christmas Eve, although quite a few staff are finishing a bit earlier. After Christmas Eve, there won't be anyone back in until 4 January, so you can give yourself a break from checking track between those dates! I hope that helps and good luck!

Katie

Thanks a lot!

Happy Christmas:smile:
Thanks a lot!

Happy Christmas:smile:

You too!
You too!

YES! I GOT MY OFFER :biggrin:
BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER.
ahahaha.
YES! I GOT MY OFFER :biggrin:
BEST. CHRISTMAS. EVER.
ahahaha.

:dance: Congratulations! That's great news - see you in September!
Katie
I've received an offer for Adult Nursing! :excited: Bournemouth has been my first choice since the start so I'm over the moon! Although my conditions feel a bit high - 340 UCAS points! Is there any reason for this, or is it simply because it's my targeted amount of points?
Reply 55
Congratulations on your offer. That is exciting news. 340 points does seem quite high especially as it says 300 in the prospectus. Maybe they have a lot of high quality applicants this year so can afford to be tough with grades. I am just speculating though. At least you can relax and enjoy Christmas now.

Original post by dragonsonmars
I've received an offer for Adult Nursing! :excited: Bournemouth has been my first choice since the start so I'm over the moon! Although my conditions feel a bit high - 340 UCAS points! Is there any reason for this, or is it simply because it's my targeted amount of points?
I recieved an unconditional offer for business studies. When I accept can I sort out my accomadation?
You don't actually sort your accommodation out to May 2016 (This is just the registration part) and the accommodation is released in stages (Around June/July/August) and you'll be given the stage of which you can apply for your chosen accommodation bearing in mind, don't hesitate when you choose otherwise it will be gone by the time you can go back. First come first serve basically.

This is what happened for September 2015 but could chance.
Reply 58
I received an offer a while back for Forensic science. Vary happy as Bournemouth is my first choice.

Offer based on me getting - 240 UCAS points, they ask for 300 normally. Very happy and thankful.

Anyone else doing Forensics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamHarding
I recieved an unconditional offer for business studies. When I accept can I sort out my accomadation?

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer!

dunno203 is right, the accommodation process doesn't happen straight away I'm afraid. It's the same for everyone though, so you're all in the same position.

We'll email you as soon as you're eligible to start your application. You can also find out about the process on this webpage. At the moment, the 2016 details haven't been confirmed, but the 2015 details should give you a good idea. I hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

Katie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending