The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got an unconditional for KCL last Friday - over the moon!! Had the interview for the scholarship yesterday, and the man conducting advised me that all applicants would hear about the first round outcome by next Wednesday :smile:
Original post by kateaustins
Law with French Law at Kings, anyone had an offer? They shortlisted me for a scholarship without having given me an offer...

That's really normal!! The Undergraduate Application team and the Scholarship team are two different bodies, so it happens - whilst you can be awarded the scholarship without having received an offer, obviously the scholarship is conditional on getting accepted into KCL!!
Original post by iomellie123
That's really normal!! The Undergraduate Application team and the Scholarship team are two different bodies, so it happens - whilst you can be awarded the scholarship without having received an offer, obviously the scholarship is conditional on getting accepted into KCL!!

Do you know when offers are expected to be handed out? I knew the arrangements were totally separate but I'm just curious about timings now
Original post by JohnGreek
Congratulations on your offer :smile: I imagine that you're applying with achieved A-levels - was King's your first choice?

Thank-you!! Achieved IB score, taking a gap year :smile: and yes it was!!
Thank-you!! Achieved IB score, taking a gap year :smile: and yes it was!!

What was your final ib score if you don't mind me asking?
Do you know when offers are expected to be handed out? I knew the arrangements were totally separate but I'm just curious about timings now

Honestly, I don't know - I got an offer last Friday, but I wasn't really expecting an offer/rejection this side of Christmas. My best bet would be to expect something mid Jan - early Feb :smile:
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
What was your final ib score if you don't mind me asking?

Not a problem!! It was 41 (awaiting a resit result in Jan, but as KCL don't count that, it's a moot point) with 7776 at HL in History, English, Theatre and Spanish B :smile:
Honestly, I don't know - I got an offer last Friday, but I wasn't really expecting an offer/rejection this side of Christmas. My best bet would be to expect something mid Jan - early Feb :smile:

Congratulations! Was that straight LLB law? Sorry for throwing all my stresses at you!
Congratulations! Was that straight LLB law? Sorry for throwing all my stresses at you!

Hahaha don't worry!! It was for both the Straight Law and the PPL course :smile: I think the reason that I got an offer relatively early is because I've already achieved my exam results - don't stress out about it, when I had the interview for the scholarship, the guy said that of the 20 or so applicants in first round, only a few had already had offers!!
Hahaha don't worry!! It was for both the Straight Law and the PPL course :smile: I think the reason that I got an offer relatively early is because I've already achieved my exam results - don't stress out about it, when I had the interview for the scholarship, the guy said that of the 20 or so applicants in first round, only a few had already had offers!!

Oh well that makes more sense now. I would just hope that if they're interviewing people for scholarships they'd make them an offer!
I just received a conditional offer for Law LLB at King's as well and I applied for the scholarship but no response yet :smile: I expect that if you're interviewed you're likely to get an offer :smile:
Original post by Bobkata
Unfortunately, you cannot first answer the essay question.
You have the multiple choice questions and then the essay.
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh that sucks, aw thank you! Hopefully it will be okay :s
Just sat my LNAT today - anyone have an idea about when Bristol would get back to me? Also, submitted my UCAS 4th November and I still haven't heard from Exeter - does this mean anything?? Thanks :smile:
Original post by cosmicsparrow
Just sat my LNAT today - anyone have an idea about when Bristol would get back to me? Also, submitted my UCAS 4th November and I still haven't heard from Exeter - does this mean anything?? Thanks :smile:

Don't worry about it. I'm also waiting for both Bristol and Exeter since Oct 14th. I don't expect any news from either until after Jan 15th when all applications are in.
Hi guys,

Thought I'd just note my application was sent off early Nov and I got an offer from Exeter on 6th of Dec......apparently they are being more lenient this year, someone on another thread got a LLB offer with ABB
Original post by crocface
Don't worry about it. I'm also waiting for both Bristol and Exeter since Oct 14th. I don't expect any news from either until after Jan 15th when all applications are in.

Thank you! That puts my mind at ease 😅
Original post by cuddledumpling
Hi guys,

Thought I'd just note my application was sent off early Nov and I got an offer from Exeter on 6th of Dec......apparently they are being more lenient this year, someone on another thread got a LLB offer with ABB

Oh they must have some systematic way haha! They probably loved you!
Got an offer from University of York last night! :smile:
I got a conditional offer from york last night as well :smile:
Hi guys,

I've had an unconditional offer from Leicester and a conditional offer from Leeds (AAA) so far :biggrin: still waiting on Nottingham, Birmingham and Warwick.
All the courses I have applied for are straight LLB law btw

Latest

Trending

Trending