The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=kiawrigley;61127907]Wow congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking what were your AS grades (specifically history AS grade) and your predicted grades? I'm applying to almost exactly the same uni's as you and I'm not sure if my grades are good enough x

Oh thank you! I got AABC (A in history, A in politics, B in psychology and C in English lit) but resisting one paper of the B as was only a few marks from an A. That's so cool hahah, where are you applying? I'm sure they are!!
Reply 261
Original post by emmah208
I've applied to York, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham and Manchester met. I've had all 5 offers but now I'm just deciding where to go. I really want a big city to enjoy student life, does anyone know if York is like this??

It's probably the smallest city out of your choices (not sure on the size of Nottingham) but it's still a good size. Be aware that the university campus isn't actually in the city of York itself though, it's about a 20 minute walk out which I found slightly disappointing because I'd prefer to be IN the city (like Manchester is). It's still a really nice, historic place though. I went to the open day and from what I've heard student life is pretty good!
[QUOTE=abc_jen;61141901]It's probably the smallest city out of your choices (not sure on the size of Nottingham) but it's still a good size. Be aware that the university campus isn't actually in the city of York itself though, it's about a 20 minute walk out which I found slightly disappointing because I'd prefer to be IN the city (like Manchester is). It's still a really nice, historic place though. I went to the open day and from what I've heard student life is pretty good!

Ah thank you, yeah went to the open day and got the bus in. Yeah I know what you mean in the city, curry mile put me off though! Thank you!
Hey guys, got an interview tomorrow to get a chance to convert my conditional offer from QMUL to an unconditional one. I think they call this the OPA at QMUL. Any history interviews that people have been to and can share some/any questions they were asked? Thanks!
Original post by aash-na
Any history interviews that people have been to and can share some/any questions they were asked? Thanks!

Sharing ANY interview questions and other specific information about tests/tasks etc on TSR is strictly forbidden.
Original post by returnmigrant
Sharing ANY interview questions and other specific information about tests/tasks etc on TSR is strictly forbidden.

whoops sorry!! i meant like past general questions like why do you want to study history and what attracted you to this university. sorry again, definitely didn't mean to breach any rules!
Original post by aash-na
whoops sorry!! i meant like past general questions like why do you want to study history and what attracted you to this university. sorry again, definitely didn't mean to breach any rules!

That's okay - just trying to head off any 'blabbing' before it happens!
Reply 267
AS grades: ABBC (A in history)
I received my offers about a month ago now from; Sheffield, Manchester, Loughborough, Leicester and Oxford Brookes.
Original post by _sara
AS grades: ABBC (A in history)
I received my offers about a month ago now from; Sheffield, Manchester, Loughborough, Leicester and Oxford Brookes.

Well done _sara, congrats on your offer from Loughborough :biggrin:
Original post by Sherlock221
Hey, congrats! How long did it take to get an offer from York?

Took maybe 2 weeks or so? Have you had any offers?
Just got an offer from Leeds of AAA
AS results: AABC
A in geography (full UMS), A in biology (1 UMS mark of a B though eek!), B in history (I'm retaking the exam I got a C in as I got an A in the other one so hopefully retaking will boost up my result), C in chemistry (dropped it
Predicted grades: A* AA
Sent my application off yesterday and got the offer today:smile:
Good luck to everyone! xx
Hi im currently studying History at Coventry University and absolutely hate the people and lecturers. I was thinking about dropping out of coventry and applying elsewher such as Derby for 2016 entry. Is anyone else planning on studying History BA Hons at Derby 2016???
Original post by kiawrigley
Just got an offer from Leeds of AAA
AS results: AABC
A in geography (full UMS), A in biology (1 UMS mark of a B though eek!), B in history (I'm retaking the exam I got a C in as I got an A in the other one so hopefully retaking will boost up my result), C in chemistry (dropped it
Predicted grades: A* AA
Sent my application off yesterday and got the offer today:smile:
Good luck to everyone! xx

Wow thats awesome.... Good luck :smile:
Got all 5 now! So exciting! Good luck to everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reminder of ....

Lots of good TSR advice about making Firm and Insurance choices here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices

You have MONTHS to make this decision - so don't panic and make a rushed decision that you then regret.

Have a Happy Christmas everyone!
Hi Guys, I am a a 2017 applicant to History, I would like to apply to Warwick, Sheffield, Exeter and Sussex.
My A2 Grades:
*History: A
*Government and Politics: A
*English Language: A
And I have just started Alevel Maths as a Fourth, I don't know my grade but I am hoping to be around A.
I am unsure of my AS Level results.
Do you think I have a chance of getting into these universities?

Many thanks
Bit late to the forum :colondollar:

Hi everyone :biggrin: I'm Alex and applying for courses for 2016. I have AAAA at AS in History, Economics, Geography, Chemistry (93%ums avg) and predicted A*A*A* with an A in EPQ. I have applied for ...

BIRMINGHAM- Hist+Pol (offer:AAB/ABBa unconditional if firm)

EXETER- Hist+IR (offer:AAA)

WARWICK-Hist+Pol (offer:AAA)

LSE- Hist+IR

ST ANDREW'S- Modern Hist+IR

Best of luck to everyone!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hurricaneellin
Hi Guys, I am a a 2017 applicant to History, I would like to apply to Warwick, Sheffield, Exeter and Sussex.
My A2 Grades:
*History: A
*Government and Politics: A
*English Language: A
And I have just started Alevel Maths as a Fourth, I don't know my grade but I am hoping to be around A.
I am unsure of my AS Level results.
Do you think I have a chance of getting into these universities?

Many thanks

Hey, if you've already got AAA in those subjects at A2, it's more a question of how you wouldn't have a chance :wink:
Original post by TommyBrecon
Hey, if you've already got AAA in those subjects at A2, it's more a question of how you wouldn't have a chance :wink:

Yeah I don't understand why you're even staying in sixth for another year. You could get in easily
Got all five offers, last two today. I applied to Queen Mary's, York, Exeter, Nottingham and Kent. I probably shoud have tried Warwick or Durham but no can do.

Probably heading to York or Exeter, any suggestions or advice? I don't understand why I picked these unis :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending