The Student Room Group

Should the global population of Jews be much larger today if not for Hitler?

I mean, those 6 million killed would have had kids and then they would have been raised Jews. Do you think this has changed anything in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoshDawg
I mean, those 6 million killed would have had kids and then they would have been raised Jews. Do you think this has changed anything in the world?

Yes. i think we would of had a lot more successful businesses etc. Israel would of been a lot more stronger.
Well there would be a lot more Jews in Europe, thats for sure. So yeah more businesses I suppose
Yes it would

There are less Jews alive today than there were even 100 years ago.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Yes. i think we would of had a lot more successful businesses etc. Israel would of been a lot more stronger.

That's a interesting point, on the other hand the legacy of the Holocaust probably does create a siege mentality in Israel.

Look at first the Israeli war of independence and the 6 day war, that mentality of win or it's all over is probably sums up that iron will which has since become part of the Israeli mentality
Original post by Justice4Rad

There are less Jews alive today than there were even 100 years ago.

That's interesting.

Any sources where I can find how the numbers of christians/jews/muslims has changed over the last century or so?
Original post by Sex Positivism
That's interesting.

Any sources where I can find how the numbers of christians/jews/muslims has changed over the last century or so?

The closest thing I can find is this

http://time.com/3939972/global-jewish-population/

Tried Googling historical numbers for the others but can't find anything.

On the Jewish population, future growth will be hugely driven by hyper religious Jews rather than than liberal 2-3 child households, so the stereotype of the fairly non-religious, left-leaning well to do successful guy will probably die out in favour of right-wing traditionalists with large families, maybe even Republican voters.
The closest thing I can find is this

http://time.com/3939972/global-jewish-population/

Tried Googling historical numbers for the others but can't find anything.

On the Jewish population, future growth will be hugely driven by hyper religious Jews rather than than liberal 2-3 child households, so the stereotype of the fairly non-religious, left-leaning well to do successful guy will probably die out in favour of right-wing traditionalists with large families, maybe even Republican voters.

Thanks for that.

The Jewish population still hasn't caught up to what it was pre-holocaust. Wow.

If people were asked how many Jews they thought were in the world today, I'd wager they'd guess a lot higher than 16.5 million...
Thanks for that.

The Jewish population still hasn't caught up to what it was pre-holocaust. Wow.

If people were asked how many Jews they thought were in the world today, I'd wager they'd guess a lot higher than 16.5 million...

It's not directly relevant to the thread, but in America I'd say the Jewish population is more pro-Palestine than many of the Christians who are often very Zionist, but on TSR I noticed a tendency for people to assume that a typical Jewish person is a religious traditionalist with his flag on the wall, not really.
Reply 9
Yeah palestine would not be occupied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hibzish
Yeah palestine would not be occupied

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that really the only thing you think about...?

Or a lot lower, if they happen to be inclined to believe garbage conspiracy theories...
It's not directly relevant to the thread, but in America I'd say the Jewish population is more pro-Palestine than many of the Christians who are often very Zionist, but on TSR I noticed a tendency for people to assume that a typical Jewish person is a religious traditionalist with his flag on the wall, not really.

I've always found the republican fascination with zionism interesting

also double edged, their plan is essentially two-pronged: return the jews to israel; convert the jews to christianity?
I've always found the republican fascination with zionism interesting

also double edged, their plan is essentially two-pronged: return the jews to israel; convert the jews to christianity?

Probably worse, I'm pretty sure in the Bible it predicts most Jews will return to Israel before being killed or something totally wack, it's like the Jews are sacrificial lambs being pampered before being put on the altar, it's disturbing.
Is that really the only thing you think about...?

Why? Because i see a tiny proportion of the huge injustice/suffering that goes on in their daily lives because of occupation.
However if u want to ignore their suffering go ahead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hibzish
Why? Because i see a tiny proportion of the huge injustice/suffering that goes on in their daily lives because of occupation.
However if u want to ignore there suffering go ahead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more that nothing which has ever happened in Palestine even comes close to the Holocaust yet you make this jump without one moment of thought for Jewish suffering.

The biggest joke is, that it's never actual Arabs I've seen talking like this lol
It's more that nothing which has ever happened in Palestine even comes close to the Holocaust yet you make this jump without one moment of thought for Jewish suffering.

The biggest joke is, that it's never actual Arabs I've seen talking like this lol

I believe u asked in op would this change anything in the world. I simply answered and ur becoming defensive of jews like i insulted them?
It doesn't matter who is suffering/suffered more, none should be overlooked.

And what does being arab have to do with it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
obviously. the questions this site takes seriously, ffs.
Original post by Hibzish
I believe u asked in op would this change anything in the world. I simply answered and ur becoming defensive of jews like i insulted them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

he didn't make the thread dear
Original post by Hibzish

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least people like @Bill_Gates frame it in a positive way, eg Jews are business people and there has been a real loss. In your mind the only real loss caused by the Holocaust is that Israel exists.

It's just amusing seeing people who are less Middle Eastern than the Jews get so emotionally invested in the middle east. Did you get this upset when South Asian Desis were being slaughtered in Sri Lanka?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending