The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Welcome to the main Anime Society thread! This where anything and everything related to any anime or manga series can be discussed. Come here to give or receive anime recommendations, ask questions, or simply tell us what you're currently watching.

To join the society officially, click here! And if you know of any anime-related threads or are thinking of making your own, feel free to add them as associated threads.

Just a couple of rules we'd appreciate if you kept to:

Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags!

Links to unlicensed streaming/download sites are against TSR rules. :sadnod: Linking to legal sources such as Crunchyroll is fine though.
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just started Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul, im loving it.

TY
*shifts discussions to shiny new thread*

Original post by xDave-
End of the autumn season nearly. Can't say I'm going to look back on this one too favourably tbh. Dropped everything bar One-Punch Man and Sereph part 2.

OPM is pretty decent but I'm still very confused by the levels of hype its getting. The story is original and fun but has also felt repetitive and predictable. The animation can be really good, and is generally no less than you'd expect from Madhouse, but there have been a few occasions we've had panning still shots mid-fight. The audio is fine, at the level you'd expect but nothing special either. It's also going to end on an incomplete note, so the introduction to characters like Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask and some of the S ranks has felt pointless. That's not animators' fault but that's what happens when you're working with incomplete source material. I dunno, everything is above average but it's not pushing any boundaries for me. I'd give it about 7/10 right now.

Surprised to find myself enjoying Seraph of the End as I thought the first part was horrible, but everything has improved this cour. Better story, better animation, better character development - though that hasn't stopped Yuu from being just as unlikable. I think it's more that we've finally got what we've been waiting for since the end of episode 1, and it feels like the plot is actually advancing, rather than watching forced school scenes and stories about killing fodder vampires. Looking forward to the final few episodes, think it's gonna end strongly.

Considering how negative I was before the start of the season, I ended up really enjoying most of the things on offer. It's not often I pick up as many as 20 series, and genuinely enjoy the lot of them (usually there's one or two that are only there so I can rage about them on my blog :p: )

I agree with you on One Punch Man and Seraph S2, though - the former is great fun, but the predictability and the (presumably, since I've not watched the final ep at the time of writing) open ending among other small issues stop it from making my Top 50. As for the latter, the first series was one of the aforementioned 'rage about on my blog' shows, so I'm glad to see it improve to the extent that I actually look forward to it each week, and will miss it once its over!

Original post by BookBird

Finished watching Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) today. 10/10. Anyone else watched it? Hard to believe it was also created by Hiromu Arakawa (also creator of FMA), since the feel is so different. Very nice. No other way to describe it; it's just nice to watch and quite funny in some parts ^^

I watched both series as they aired, great fun! And yeah, very different in feel to FMA for the most part, though a lot of the humour was similar. :p:
Has anyone else here watched another, enjoyed it quite a lot. Had a nice plot, an overall 8/10 anime imo
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Has anyone else here watched another, enjoyed it quite a lot. Had a nice plot, an overall 8/10 anime imo

Yeah, I quite liked it as well, personally. Especially the twist at the end!
Original post by AngryJellyfish

You've watched everything! Haha, I was wondering if you could help me out. In this video, I want to know which anime the girl in 0:34 is from, and also the girls in 1:13 with the contract :smile: x
[video="youtube;IXaLo1huGZ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXaLo1huGZ0[/video]
Original post by BookBird
You've watched everything! Haha, I was wondering if you could help me out. In this video, I want to know which anime the girl in 0:34 is from, and also the girls in 1:13 with the contract :smile: x
[video="youtube;IXaLo1huGZ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXaLo1huGZ0[/video]

Not quite everything, there's still enough unwatched anime out there to keep me entertained. :biggrin:

0:34 is Hirasawa Yui from K-ON!; 1:13 is Miki Sayaka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, if I've got the right ones. :yes:
I'm really enjoying OPM so far, it's basically the manga panel for panel, Madhouse do an amazing job as always.
haha it's been so long that I think I've forgotten the twist . On another note, could u recommend me any psychological anime. I'm a huge fan of stuff like steins gate, death note, code geass, parasyte, mirai nikki, psycho pass , zankyou no terror etc. You seem like the anime King here so I'm sure you'd have something for me😀😀
Reply 9
As for the latter, the first series was one of the aforementioned 'rage about on my blog' shows, so I'm glad to see it improve to the extent that I actually look forward to it each week, and will miss it once its over!

And another great episode this week. I thought there were 2 more left but there's only one :frown: Not sure whether to pick up the manga once its finished. It'll be a long wait for a new series as the anime has caught up to the manga now. Probably talking 2019. Will probably make that decision based on how it end.
Original post by FlareBlitz96
haha it's been so long that I think I've forgotten the twist . On another note, could u recommend me any psychological anime. I'm a huge fan of stuff like steins gate, death note, code geass, parasyte, mirai nikki, psycho pass , zankyou no terror etc. You seem like the anime King here so I'm sure you'd have something for me😀😀

I'll try my best. :o: I'd recommend any of the following:

Monster - Slow to build up, but it all pays off eventually.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Not your average magical girl show.

Bokurano - Not your average mech show.

Selector Infected WIXOSS - Not your average card game show? :p: These three all take well-established genres and tropes, and take them into creepy territory.

Shiki - Underrated, in my opinion.
I'll try my best. :o: I'd recommend any of the following:

Monster - Slow to build up, but it all pays off eventually.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Not your average magical girl show.

Bokurano - Not your average mech show.

Selector Infected WIXOSS - Not your average card game show? :p: These three all take well-established genres and tropes, and take them into creepy territory.

Shiki - Underrated, in my opinion.
ive already watched monster, but Shiki and bokurano look good. Thanks a mil😀

Welcome to the main Anime Society thread! :biggrin: This where anything and everything related to any anime or manga series can be discussed. Come here to give or receive anime recommendations, ask questions, or simply tell us what you're currently watching. :smile:

To join the society officially, click here! And if you know of any anime-related threads or are thinking of making your own, feel free to add them as associated threads. :cool:

Just a couple of rules we'd appreciate if you kept to:

Please keep all spoilers in spoiler tags!

Links to streaming/download sites are against TSR rules. :sadnod: Linking to legal sources such as Crunchyroll or Daisuki is fine though.

New threads of potential interest (Updated 18/12/2015):

Winter 2016 Anime Preview

Can't believe I was one of the top posters in the last thread :tongue: I surely didn't post that much did I?

The manga is soooo gooood!!!!
Haven't had a new chapter in a while though... Hope it doesn't turn into a Berserk type scenario.
Seconding Selector Infected Wixoss. It's a really good show.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Can't believe I was one of the top posters in the last thread :tongue: I surely didn't post that much did I?

I guess it's more small numbers of posts over a long time period. :p: You and I are the only ones on the list that I'd classify as still 'active'.

Original post by Dedicatus545
Seconding Selector Infected Wixoss. It's a really good show.

Glad to see someone else praise the series, it's another one that's underrated in my opinion.
I'm on the first page yaaaaaaaaay
One Punch Man is awessssommeee!!!
Send friend requests to me on Myanimelist
http://myanimelist.net/profile/sameerio

Quick Reply

Latest