The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

hey :smile:

Realised we hadn't heard from you in a while and wondered how you were getting on
So I am definitely having a girl and was wondering what's your guys opinion on the name Ivy, Lyla, Luna and Lyra?

Which do you prefer if any and do you have any suggestions?

Thanx:smile:
Started on sertraline for PND today at 3.5wks postpartum... Really hope it helps and I can start feeling more positive soon! GP is organising for me to see a CPN as well so hopefully will be able to organise some non-pharmacological help as well.

Scar now healing up much better at least with antibiotics and dressings and Tor gained 5.5oz in 5 days of exclusively breast feeding so is following the 2nd centile now rather than crossing centiles any further :smile: Have to go back to PAU tomorrow though as urine sample from last week grew bacteria... most likely contaminant but will have a few hours of trying to catch another sample to look forward to!

Original post by doctor_2_be
So I am definitely having a girl and was wondering what's your guys opinion on the name Ivy, Lyla, Luna and Lyra?

Which do you prefer if any and do you have any suggestions?

Thanx:smile:

Of those, I like Lyra best.

Anonymous
x

Hope all's well!
Original post by Hygeia
Started on sertraline for PND today at 3.5wks postpartum... Really hope it helps and I can start feeling more positive soon! GP is organising for me to see a CPN as well so hopefully will be able to organise some non-pharmacological help as well.

Scar now healing up much better at least with antibiotics and dressings and Tor gained 5.5oz in 5 days of exclusively breast feeding so is following the 2nd centile now rather than crossing centiles any further :smile: Have to go back to PAU tomorrow though as urine sample from last week grew bacteria... most likely contaminant but will have a few hours of trying to catch another sample to look forward to!

Hope all's well!

I'm sorry that you are still struggling. If you ever need to chat I am around on facebook chat a lot.

Hope the antidepressant starts to help soon.

Great news about the weight gain and I hope that your trip to the assessment unit is a brief one!
Original post by Hygeia

Hope all's well!

Thanx and congrats on the baby:smile:
Original post by Hygeia

Hope all's well!

Thanx and congrats on the baby:smile:

forgot it's ticked as anonymous automatically
So me and my partner have decided to start trying for a baby, well see how it goes style.
Though im pretty scared as i have diagnosed PCOS and my periods are everywhere still even when i was on tge injection!
So me and my partner have decided to start trying for a baby, well see how it goes style.
Though im pretty scared as i have diagnosed PCOS and my periods are everywhere still even when i was on tge injection!

Good luck with it all :biggrin:
Off the pill for 3 months now. Cycles starting to resemble some normality. Just had a new baby niece to cement the idea of parenthood. So there aren't any excuses left now!

Let's see what 2016 brings!

HNY everyone.
So, my tentative positive test from a few weeks back turned out to be a very definate positive. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant and morning sickness has truly kicked in! I'm preferring to remain anon until I've had my 12 week scan, but I'm feeling optimistic!
So, my tentative positive test from a few weeks back turned out to be a very definate positive. I'm now 6 weeks pregnant and morning sickness has truly kicked in! I'm preferring to remain anon until I've had my 12 week scan, but I'm feeling optimistic!

Good luck! Will keep fingers crossed.
Hi

My and my husband are trying for baby no.1 :-)
Didn't think I'd be back in here apart from to congratulate others, but after a very confusing 2nd cycle of Clomid, when initially I thought I hadn't ovulated, and then did very late, I got a BFP yesterday! I couldn't quite believe it, so today after another positive cheapy test, went out and got some First Response and CBD tests, and it's still there. CBD says 2-3 weeks, which fits with when I think I ovulated (I make myself 4+3) but not my LMP dates. Booked in for a scan next week at the fertility clinic. Please keep your fingers crossed!

(And if you know who I am, please don't say anything on FB etc yet.)
Didn't think I'd be back in here apart from to congratulate others, but after a very confusing 2nd cycle of Clomid, when initially I thought I hadn't ovulated, and then did very late, I got a BFP yesterday! I couldn't quite believe it, so today after another positive cheapy test, went out and got some First Response and CBD tests, and it's still there. CBD says 2-3 weeks, which fits with when I think I ovulated (I make myself 4+3) but not my LMP dates. Booked in for a scan next week at the fertility clinic. Please keep your fingers crossed!

Congratulations! I have everything crossed for you.

Massive congratulations. Will keep everything crossed :smile:

My little one is really gaining weight now! Has put on 2lb in the last 5.5wks since he was born. We are currently in hospital though as he's on IV antibiotics for a UTI (picked up from a prolonged jaundice screen so fortunately he's otherwise well!)
Has anyone used metformin for pcos? Did it help with ttc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Has anyone used metformin for pcos? Did it help with ttc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried it though couldnt cope with it as it made me ill. But i thought it was more for weight, though i could be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I tried it though couldnt cope with it as it made me ill. But i thought it was more for weight, though i could be wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told it helps regulate hormones. I was on it before but made me ill but now been given the slow release one and though I feel off, it's not bad. Just wondering if it's worth taking it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
I was told it helps regulate hormones. I was on it before but made me ill but now been given the slow release one and though I feel off, it's not bad. Just wondering if it's worth taking it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess its worth a shot! I was never offered slow release though i imagine if i asked i would get it. Maybe see if the side effects improve

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations Anon #28!

I've just ordered some ovulation sticks... Still swinging between broodiness and sheer terror at the thought of being pregnant, although maternity leave would mean I had some time away from my job, which is making me question my sanity at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest