The Student Room Group

GCSE Textiles?

I have my mock written exam for GCSE Textiles (AQA) very soon and have realised I have so much to learn for it!
Are there any ways you learn Textiles theory? (relatively quickly!)
Also, can you give any tips for the designing question where you have to come with a textile product? Not sure how you can get full marks and how you think of an original product!
Thanks in advance
Original post by pixiefuller
I have my mock written exam for GCSE Textiles (AQA) very soon and have realised I have so much to learn for it!
Are there any ways you learn Textiles theory? (relatively quickly!)
Also, can you give any tips for the designing question where you have to come with a textile product? Not sure how you can get full marks and how you think of an original product!
Thanks in advance

I had an AQA book that the school recommended so I used that which just went through stuff we needed to know.

In all honesty, revising for the textiles GCSE is so weird, you don't know what to revise, or it just seems like there are too many things to memorise.

For the designing question, for the real exam, you are normally told around 3 months before hand what they want you to design and you plan it and basically draw it/explain it in the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest