The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by cowie
Good idea, I'll try call them tomorrow, thanks.
However I know others who have sent off their application off shortly after me without a response.. It seems to me that they are going through international applications first.. Are you an international applicant?
Did you get an interview?

I'm an international student, they received my task on the 12th of November and they called me for an interview last week.
Reply 261
Original post by larra7
For those who have applied to Cambridge:
Is it just me or were the interviews a bit too...relaxed? I mean they hardly asked me anything and ..nothing demanding at all. I mean I feel that it went well, but that's probably pretty common for Architecture.

Hey! Yup I get what you mean! They didn't prod very much, although I still feel it could've gone a lot better. :s-smilie:

Which college did you apply to? Did you have to analyse some images too?
Reply 262
Original post by cowie
Good idea, I'll try call them tomorrow, thanks.
However I know others who have sent off their application off shortly after me without a response.. It seems to me that they are going through international applications first.. Are you an international applicant?
Did you get an interview?

Uhmm, I do not know what to say about that. They open the envelope as soon as it arrives to identify you, anyway. I do not think they care where the applicant is from if the task is good. However, it might be a good idea to write them an email, just so you know and be prepared :smile:
PS: I am an EU applicant and yes, I got an interview.
Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 263
Original post by JianW
Hey! Yup I get what you mean! They didn't prod very much, although I still feel it could've gone a lot better. :s-smilie:

Which college did you apply to? Did you have to analyse some images too?

Yes, there is always room for improvement, but I guess I did quite...okay, considering the circumstances. I think everyone has the feeling they could have done way better.
Sidney Sussex and yes, I had to 2 images to analyse. And the interviews were really, really short. What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 264
If anyone has had their UCL interview could you please let me know how it went, what types of questions they asked you, and how much wider reading (of architecture) you are required to do?:smile:
Just heard back from Cardiff yesterday, and Edinburgh today :biggrin: Has anyone heard back from Nottingham? I sent them my portfolio quite a while ago.
Original post by architect_2022
Just heard back from Cardiff yesterday, and Edinburgh today :biggrin: Has anyone heard back from Nottingham? I sent them my portfolio quite a while ago.

When did you send your Cardiff portfolio off? I sent mine off over 5 weeks ago and am still waiting for a response.
Original post by aiphoszh
When did you send your Cardiff portfolio off? I sent mine off over 5 weeks ago and am still waiting for a response.

November 6th
Reply 268
I am predicted A*AA in Fine Art, Maths and English Lit. So far I have received AAA offers from Cardiff and Newcastle; but Manchester just offered AAB which I am really surprised by as at the open day they implied they only gave AAA offers. Has anyone else heard back from Manchester yet?
Im still waiting on Edinburgh and Shefield
Reply 269
Original post by architect_2022
November 6th

Well done on the offer!
Sent mine off around the same time and still waiting. Cardiff is one of my top choices as well://
Reply 270
Original post by larra7
Yes, there is always room for improvement, but I guess I did quite...okay, considering the circumstances. I think everyone has the feeling they could have done way better.
Sidney Sussex and yes, I had to 2 images to analyse. And the interviews were really, really short. What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice I applied to Sidney too! I don't think I saw you, though.
Did you find the DoS pretty expressionless and quiet? Haha for me he didn't say very much throughout the whole of the image analysis and portfolio review. Is that normal?!
Reply 271
How did everybody's Cambridge interview go? :biggrin:
Got an offer from Bath!:smile:
Hi everyone! I'm a Scottish student and have applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow School of Art, Strathclyde, Robert Gordon and Dundee! I have 3A's and 2B's at Scottish Higher and am predicted AAB at Scottish Advanced Higher in Maths, Graphic Communication and Physics respectively (we don't get A* or my grades would be higher!) as well as studying a Scottish Baccalaureate. Yesterday I received my first 2 offers in one day, an Unconditional for Edinburgh which was amazing and my first choice, and an non-academic conditional from RGU, which requires a satisfactory portfolio. I have also been asked to send a portfolio to GSA and Dundee before being made an offer. Still waiting to hear from Strathclyde but not that bothered because I really wanted to go to Edinburgh. Has anyone else received an offer from Edinburgh?
Original post by peterkeixo

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I'm a current second year student at Bath, so feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth
Reply 275

Well done on the offer!! Can I ask if you're an international student?
Reply 276
Hello everyone! I saw that a lot of people have applied to UCL and have already sent their task, so can I ask you a question about it? It's said that it should be 6 drawings in frames of a storyboard....which means that there are supposed to be more than one drawing on an A4 paper? I'm sorry, I'm really anxious about it, because I received the task today and I'm not really sure whether I'm understanding it properly. :erm:

Congrats to everyone who has already received an offer!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Grewsters
Well done on the offer!! Can I ask if you're an international student?

Yes, I am from Hong Kong and I am currently doing A Level in England :smile:
Original post by Misha97
Hello everyone! I saw that a lot of people have applied to UCL and have already sent their task, so can I ask you a question about it? It's said that it should be 6 drawings in frames of a storyboard....which means that there are supposed to be more than one drawing on an A4 paper? I'm sorry, I'm really anxious about it, because I received the task today and I'm not really sure whether I'm understanding it properly. :erm:

Congrats to everyone who has already received an offer!

Unfortunately, I was rejected from UCL after submitting my task. My art teacher said that this is probably because UCL is looking for a distinct style and meaning behind the drawings. My only advice would be to make the actual story very eye catching. I have made a mistake of focusing too much on the techniques rather than my subject matter.

In defense of all of us who got rejected, a lot of worthy students from my school got rejected from this course for no apparent reason. We all got into other good universities ( I got an offer from bath 2 days ago ). I remember myself panicking upon receiving a rejection but I got all the other offers at the end of the day.

What is your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending