The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth uni help - Computer visualisation and animation.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xiaoo
Hi Brian, my interview for CVA and CAA will be on 9th of December. I've read your guide and it's really helpful! Well, as you mentioned the quick poses in life drawing, I would like to know about how long is the time bwtween two poses? I have practiced a lot on this, but the quickest I can do is roughly about 4min per pose:tongue: so I'm so worrying about this...

congrats!! I have an interview for CVA on Jan 27th!! cant wait!! hope it goes well! good luck! :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Ximena Roldan
congrats!! I have an interview for CVA on Jan 27th!! cant wait!! hope it goes well! good luck! :biggrin:

I have an interview on the 27th jan too, but its for sdage :biggrin:
Hey guys! Anyone from yesterday (9th) had their offers yet? I got mine in the night! Unconditional wooooo! :biggrin:
Original post by Amethyst-Wolf
Hey guys! Anyone from yesterday (9th) had their offers yet? I got mine in the night! Unconditional wooooo! :biggrin:

How on earth have you got an unconditional?! well done!!!
Original post by elliebelfield123
How on earth have you got an unconditional?! well done!!!

Haha thank you! I wasn't expecting it, I got 50% on the maths test and was really worried!

Have you had your interview yet?
Haha thank you! I wasn't expecting it, I got 50% on the maths test and was really worried!

Have you had your interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview it is the 27th! I am so exited! Any tips?
Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview it is the 27th! I am so exited! Any tips?

Oh my gosh good luck! Revise a bit of maths so you're not in the deep end, definitely go to as many life drawing sessions before hand as you can and most importantly try not to stress!

Have you started putting a portfolio together yet?
Reply 27
Original post by SianVee
Good luck Xiaoo!! Mine is exactly a week after yours. I hope the day goes well for you!

Ah thanks! Good luck for you, too! I have finished my interview and I got some tips for you. Apart for the question 'an inspiring artist' mentioned by Brian, another tough question is to describe a period of time in art history that you are interested in...So make sure you prepare something for that. Life drawing test was not too difficult, however sometimes they asked you to draw a position in one minute!! So maybe practice quick drawings for that:biggrin:
Hopefully this helps:tongue:
Hope everythings goes well for your interview day!
All the best,
Xiaoou
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28

Congrats for you, too! My interview was Ok so I wrote some tips for Sian in last reply, and hopefully it can help you as well:smile:
I hope everything on your interview day goes well!
Xiaoou
Reply 29

Congrats to you!! I was also on 9th and I just found that I got an unconditional for CAA as well!! But I'm still waiting for the CVA...
Oh my gosh good luck! Revise a bit of maths so you're not in the deep end, definitely go to as many life drawing sessions before hand as you can and most importantly try not to stress!

Have you started putting a portfolio together yet?

I am doing a2 maths, so that's okay
I am worried about life drawing tho, I don't want to get nervous, I am practicing a lot anyway
I am putting some stuff together, as sketches, character designs, sketch studies, digital art and I am trying some 3d modeling, but I am still nervous 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xiaoo
Congrats to you!! I was also on 9th and I just found that I got an unconditional for CAA as well!! But I'm still waiting for the CVA...

Oooh well done! :biggrin: Are you applying to Hertz by any chance?
I am doing a2 maths, so that's okay
I am worried about life drawing tho, I don't want to get nervous, I am practicing a lot anyway
I am putting some stuff together, as sketches, character designs, sketch studies, digital art and I am trying some 3d modeling, but I am still nervous 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2 is definitely going to help!
If you want I can take a look at some of your drawings and give you a bit of feedback, it might help.
Also there's a youtube channel called croquis cafe I think, that do recordings of life model sessions. It's really helpful if you cant get to class (but nothing beats real life).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOq-SnwbtX9u231janaHRCo3tcTWshKML

^Theres a link to a playlist.

If anyone wants to take a look at my portfolio by the way, I have a digital copy online! It might help if you have something to cross reference with :smile:
If you want I can take a look at some of your drawings and give you a bit of feedback, it might help.
Also there's a youtube channel called croquis cafe I think, that do recordings of life model sessions. It's really helpful if you cant get to class (but nothing beats real life).

If anyone wants to take a look at my portfolio by the way, I have a digital copy online! It might help if you have something to cross reference with :smile:

Can I look at your portfolio?
Can I look at your portfolio?

Sure! Here. .. http://www.sarazeleska.portfoliobox.io/

They're incredible!!! Is this what you showed in your interview?

Thanks! its definitively going to help :biggrin:
you can have a look to my instagram https://www.instagram.com/ximena_roldan22/ if you want, I am working in some new drawing that I will post soon :biggrin: thanks again!
They're incredible!!! Is this what you showed in your interview?

Thanks! 90% of that yes, I took a few out because it was too much. I had it all in an A3 portfolio with sleeves aswell I didn't show it online, this meant I had a back up in case something happened to my physical portfolio.
Thanks! its definitively going to help :biggrin:
you can have a look to my instagram if you want, I am working in some new drawing that I will post soon :biggrin: thanks again!

No problem! One thing I would say is that when they'll look at your work they might feel you're not being original, they like to see your OWN character designs and stuff drawn from life and not photos. Every piece I had they asked me, is this your friend/from a photo/from a class? And I answered photo for one which I could tell they weren't happy with that! Everything else was from imagination/friends and they really liked that.
The 90s figure drawings, WOW, trust me when I tell you that people at your level of drawing will not get the full figure on the paper in even 2 minutes let alone one and a half. Thats pretty good! :biggrin: You are focusing toooo much on details though. The purpose of such short poses is to get the gesture and movement rather than anatomy and proportion. Your sketches feel more like 3-5minute poses, since you're not really getting the gesture in there.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Force-Dynamic-Drawing-Animators-Series/dp/0240808452
^ that is an AWESOME book that explains it all, I got loads from reading it!
For your digital, I'm just guessing that you don't have a tablet? Apart from that, the most obvious thing that jumps out is that they are all kinda flat and don't have a light source. If I were you I would definitely spend some time to study values!

Hope that helps you! <3
Thanks! 90% of that yes, I took a few out because it was too much. I had it all in an A3 portfolio with sleeves aswell I didn't show it online, this meant I had a back up in case something happened to my physical portfolio.

I am so panicking about my portfolio haha!! Did they say anything about your digital art? I heard they didnt like digital art and that they prefer like traditional methods more? im just not sure what to include ahah and also, are those pics on your drawing made up characters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending