The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Enginerd.
Compton should open IMO, atleast for this series. He did nothing wrong before, or so I've heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah but the english media and fans think that hales is the next David warner and will suddenly solve cooks opening partner problem..
Original post by JRP95
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah but the english media and fans think that hales is the next David warner and will suddenly solve cooks opening partner problem..

I'd think Hales would make a very good limited overs player when he's in form, if he wants a place in the test side he should've played domestically until he at least regained consistent form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone watching the Sri Lanka- New Zealand 2nd test match? That is the greenest wicket I've ever seen.
I will probably get stick for this but Kane Williamson is the best test player in the world at the moment (better than ABDV, Smith etc). :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 264
Really wasn't expecting this Second Test to be as evenly matched.

Chameera looked remarkable, actually. He looked promising in the First Test, and performed well again today with excellent figures. You must laud his commitment and mentality, too, since he went for 13 in his first over but rebounded well.

He is extremely quick and looks a very good prospect for SL. He should have been introduced to the attack earlier by Mathews.
Reply 265
Original post by moment of truth
I will probably get stick for this but Kane Williamson is the best test player in the world at the moment (better than ABDV, Smith etc). :colondollar:

He didn't really do that statement justice with the way he just went out! Sri Lanka in a good position to win this and unless mccullum pulls some heroics like he did last time against India, they should win it.
Reply 266
Stunning collapse by SL, who posted just 62 runs for ten wickets. NZ on course for another victory after an evenly poised second day. SL did themselves no favours with that performance in the third day. 16 wickets fell, though, so it was entertaining at least!
Original post by Mackay
Stunning collapse by SL, who posted just 62 runs for ten wickets. NZ on course for another victory after an evenly poised second day. SL did themselves no favours with that performance in the third day. 16 wickets fell, though, so it was entertaining at least!

If SL can get Williamson early I think they could have a half decent chance of winning the game. It's a big if, though.
Original post by The Wavefunction
If SL can get Williamson early I think they could have a half decent chance of winning the game. It's a big if, though.

Very optimistic, NZ should win comfortably, hopefully they make it really interesting and play like a T20. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kane Williamson does the job, once again.
Reply 270
Yeah, that was so easy for NZ. Such a shame that SL couldn't do anything once getting the match on an even level - but that pitch was so green, and Williamson was in a rich vein of form for sure.

In other news, Rashid bowled exceptionally in the Big Bash today. He definitely has a future at ODI and T20 level for England, because of his skill with the white ball. He'll never be a reliable Test option, of course, and I'd probably plump for Panesar if I had a choice between the two.

That's a damning indictment, isn't it?
Brendon McCullum to retire after the series against Australia early next year, also will not be involved in the WT20 with Williamson taking over as captain.

Would have liked to see him play in the WT20, but fair enough to him. One of the best captains NZ has had and he will missed greatly, for sure.
Reply 272
Such a shame to see B-Mac go. Would have loved to have seen him in England one last time. Watching him at Edgbaston for the Bears in the T20 was remarkable. What a player. He's NZ's second top run scorer for a reason. He hasn't missed a Test in a decade. Here's hoping NZ beat the Baggy Greens in his swansong.

Anyway, England and SA is poised to be a great series. Hales got a much needed half-century yesterday, with the top order looking in good form from Cook to Root. Finn bowled himself into form, and Ali took a remarkable six wickets in the second innings.
Yeah, I'm sad to see B-Mac go too.

Such a great attacking player, I will never forgot his 50 odd in the 2015 world cup semi final to set New Zealand on course, I watched the game on TV and what an innings and game that was! Personally the best game I've ever seen in my entire life. That was the time of his life.

He has been very instrumental for the Kiwi's. I too hope he beats Australia which will be very fitting!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 274
Original post by Drax101

He has been very instrumental for the Kiwi's. I too hope he beats Australia which will be very fitting!

Amen. A true gentleman, and a wonderful captain. The antithesis of any Australian.
Surprised he's not carrying on in the shorter formats but a big disappointment that he wasn't able to take his team all the way to World Cup glory this year.

Cricket 2015 quiz - got 16/20

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
It's a shame he didn't atleast continue until after the T20 world cup, NZ was one of the favourites with Brendon in the playing 11. Can't really imagine a NZ without him tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 277
Taking that quiz first thing tomorrow.
Favourite moment in International cricket this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Favourite moment in International cricket this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the most memorable and funniest was definately the spat between Marlon and Stokes, Root too. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest