Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Law Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NOP97
When did you get your 8week email?

2nd Nov here, still waiting :P

19th October, got the 4 week email on Monday!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by antigone-
19th October, got the 4 week email on Monday!

Exactly the same as me!
Original post by LoveToArgue
Exactly the same as me!

What's the 4week email? Does it come before/after the 8 week one?
What does the 4 week email even mean? Is it like a waiting list, if you're not an outstanding candidate you get put on it? My 8 weeks is up tomorrow :/

@LoveToArgue
Original post by JohnGreek
From what I've gathered from the people who have gotten offers for Law so far, most of the people who aren't applying with achieved grades (so those who are gonna end up getting conditional offers) get put on it.

I could be wrong, but seeing that the overwhelming majority of applicants who have not been rejected yet have or will receive the email, I really wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:

Ah okay, thanks! So should I expect the email tomorrow then? I'll have been 8 weeks then
Original post by JodieHarriett18
What does the 4 week email even mean? Is it like a waiting list, if you're not an outstanding candidate you get put on it? My 8 weeks is up tomorrow :/

@JohnGreek
@LoveToArgue

From what I've gathered from the people who have gotten offers for Law so far, most of the people who aren't applying with achieved grades (so those who are gonna end up getting conditional offers) get put on it.

I could be wrong, but seeing that the overwhelming majority of applicants who have not been rejected yet have or will receive the email, I really wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:

It doesn't mean anything - it's just them saying they want to compare you to your cohort. Most people who haven't already got their A-level results will recieve it!
No idea to be honest - I'm just another applicant, just like you :smile: I would imagine that they have some sort of automated system to notify you if they have to extend the decision time (so, basically, the 4 week email at this stage). But, judging from LSE's rather... liberal use of its time, I wouldn't hold my breath for a decision this side of Christmas.

Who knows!

Thanks!!
Reply 87
Course: Law LLB
AS grades (achieved): AAAD
A2 grades (predicted): A*A*A
Current status: Offer on 15th January
Original post by rfang

congrats! When did you apply?
Reply 89
Original post by s.shadowhappy
congrats! When did you apply?

Original post by rfang

Did you give extenuating circumstances for the D? What did you get at gcse, well done!
Reply 91
Did you give extenuating circumstances for the D? What did you get at gcse, well done!

I did a mixture of igcses/gcses, 5A*s 3As with extenuating circumstances. I don't think i submitted extenuating circumstances for the D at AS although I was ill during the exam period.
Offer for law
Anyone want to join an LSE law group chat?

Sounds good to me!
Reply 95

I would! Got my offer earlier in December :biggrin:
Original post by Killane
I would! Got my offer earlier in December :biggrin:

Watsapp or Facebook?
Watsapp or Facebook?

Maybe Facebook, so non-student room offer holders could still find the group?
Find me on FB and I'll add you. Look up Jodie Harriett

Is your full name Jodie Harriett Young?
Yep x

Just sent you a FB message :smile:

Quick Reply