The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hayles101
Bet you wished he had been. Useless ****.

Imagine people were defending Van Gaal only weeks ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you be happy with Mou? Credible journalists on twitter saying you're about to nab him.
Utd fans want Van Gaal out now you guys are becoming a poor mans Real Madrid
Original post by iamthetruth

[video="youtube;pnwofCB7nZA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnwofCB7nZA[/video]
Original post by iamthetruth

Most spoilt fan base to exist
Original post by trapking
he probably is tbh....

if Mourinho takes the Roma job and Pep goes to city looks like we will be stuck with LVG for a while :lol:

if mou gets the roma job id take the roma manager tbh he got them playing some great stuff last season...
Original post by scrawlx101
if mou gets the roma job id take the roma manager tbh he got them playing some great stuff last season...

Hmm you think so? I don't know him too well has he won any titles?

We need a high quality long term manager....Ancelloti would have been perfect but hes been confirmed at Bayern so now i'm not sure who we can actually get. Pochettino would be good at Utd but i don't think he's leaving Tottenham for a while.

We also need to bring more world class players....at the moment De Gea is our only world class player and we need at least 3 more. One quality winger, one centre forward/attacking midfield to replace Rooney, and a high quality centreback! Our midfield is good enough already we just need pace and skillful players in our team!
Original post by trapking
Hmm you think so? I don't know him too well has he won any titles?

Rudi García is a very good manager in my opinion. He did really well with Lille (won the league) and has done good things at Roma too, taking them to second place for two years running. He will manage a top team one day.

Having said that, I don't know if he'd be right for United at the moment. Given the issues with Moyes and now LVG, you guys really need a top and proven manager right now, rather than somebody up and coming or with a lot of potential.
Lucio getting all cocky about how Liverpool are getting on the rise and how they're catching up with us. Only then to be smashed 3-0 by Watford.

Love it when something like that happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sam Wallace of the Telegraph on the Sunday Supplement made good points about United, namely that they haven't had a thought out plan since SAF retired. Moyes didn't work and the LVG appointment, despite some of the positives he has done, is fading out quickly. Mourinho would bring success because that's what he does. Him not integrating youth is offset by United's current youth set up, which has fallen behind City so he's not going to get major criticism if he doesn't promote players. By the time he leaves, United's academy might be in a better place for Mourinho's successor to take advantage of. Only worry is his battles with the most people but SAF did that at times as well. Also, Mourinho might benefit from not having to deal with technical directors and an organisational hierarchy that he finds hard at times.

But think LVG might be in charge until the end of the Christmas games, United will be hesitant to sack unless fourth place was in major danger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think if we lose v Stoke then its 100% LVG will go. Otherwise, today is Sunday so its not a working day so I don't think anything will be decided today, if there is any news on LVG's future we will probably find out tomorrow or day after.

The situation we are in is quite sad, at the start of the season I think 99% of us were behind LVG and trusted his tactics and team selection. I think it is good to give a manager time, but how do we give a manager time if he is leaving next season anyway :tongue:

It would be great to have Pep v Jose in Manchester with both of them having the ability to build their own teams with more or less unlimited finances. I reckon Jose will win :smile:
Original post by Aky786UK
Sam Wallace of the Telegraph on the Sunday Supplement made good points about United, namely that they haven't had a thought out plan since SAF retired. Moyes didn't work and the LVG appointment, despite some of the positives he has done, is fading out quickly. Mourinho would bring success because that's what he does. Him not integrating youth is offset by United's current youth set up, which has fallen behind City so he's not going to get major criticism if he doesn't promote players. By the time he leaves, United's academy might be in a better place for Mourinho's successor to take advantage of. Only worry is his battles with the most people but SAF did that at times as well. Also, Mourinho might benefit from not having to deal with technical directors and an organisational hierarchy that he finds hard at times.

But think LVG might be in charge until the end of the Christmas games, United will be hesitant to sack unless fourth place was in major danger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read all you said and good points. Main thing I picked up though.. isn't top 4 already in danger?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real Madrid have scored more goals in today's match against Rayo (10) than United have scored in their last 11 league games.
Original post by hayles101
Read all you said and good points. Main thing I picked up though.. isn't top 4 already in danger?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is indeed, even drawing to Stoke and Chelsea will leave us with ground to cover. Spurs have got Norwich and Watford, which are two relatively easy games for them considering their form. Palace have B'mouth and Swansea which again they should win.

So if this run keeps going till the end of the year we could be left behind CP and Spurs with a possible 6 point gap which is concerning, one of the pundits on Sky said today that we're already out of the top 4 race :tongue:

Whatever happens its going to be a hard couple of weeks and I hope we beat Stoke and Chelsea and get the feel good factor back.
Watford isn't an easy game..

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Spurs have got Norwich and Watford, which are two relatively easy games for them considering their form.
Original post by TornadoGR4

Maybe not for Liverpool :tongue:

But for Spurs who are in good form it is a very "win-able" game....
LVG is great manager and someone who has achieved nearly every trophy. What he as accomplished trully is incredible and to be fair to him, i think he is up there with jose or Sir Alex, but the things that worries me is that i dont think he has any common sense. When we played Norwich yesterday, he said he is playing martial but then when the game started, martial played out wide with rooney going up top and mata just behind him. Martial played really well in the wide areas, espically when he was one on one with the defender and when he runs directly at them. At some points he gets doubled up by 2 defenders and finds it difficult when he has no one overlapping him. But here comes the common sense part. When he was moved upfront, he goes and scores. for the last 6-7 games he has been playing out on the wings and has not scored but in the UCL game when he was upfront against wolsburg he scored. Well, why dont LVG play him upfront from the begining.
idk
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
Maybe not for Liverpool :tongue:

But for Spurs who are in good form it is a very "win-able" game....

Wouldn't say very winable. The match is at Vicarage Road & Spurs are only a point better off than Watford and are arguably the most inconsistent team in the PL.

Just looking at Watford's fixtures though, Chelsea then Spurs then City. Good Lord.
next season will be fun

There's no point in sticking with LVG if he's going at the end of the season anyway. Lets take Mourinho, the second best manager in the world, whilst he's available. We then need to sign a top CB, a top RW and play counter-attacking football with inside-forwards and overlapping fullbacks like he did at Chelsea (04-06) and Real Madrid.
Original post by TornadoGR4

If we managed an away win against them then it's not really a difficult game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest