DBFI :doh:

he is a great manager
the things he has accomplished
i think he is in the top 15 of greatest managers of all time
Original post by Helpmepickone
he is a great manager
the things he has accomplished
i think he is in the top 15 of greatest managers of all time

Maybe, but to say he's up there with SAF or Jose, especially SAF, is idiocy of the highest order.
Original post by Major Zero
Maybe, but to say he's up there with SAF or Jose, especially SAF, is idiocy of the highest order.

ok SAF is the greatest manager of all time
but LVG is a great manager as well
Reply 566
do you think van gaal's gonna be sacked before the chelsea game?
Original post by zanner
do you think van gaal's gonna be sacked before the chelsea game?

if we lose the stoke game he's finished for sure! The mood at old trafford is already quite foul and he knows it's about to come lol
Reply 568
Original post by trapking
if we lose the stoke game he's finished for sure! The mood at old trafford is already quite foul and he knows it's about to come lol

good point tbh it was so bad vs norwich lol seems like the players aren't interested under lvg

would you take mourinho as a replacement?
long term he isn't the answer but maybe he could take over, manage for a bit, and then giggsy for the long tiem
Original post by zanner
good point tbh it was so bad vs norwich lol seems like the players aren't interested under lvg

would you take mourinho as a replacement?
long term he isn't the answer but maybe he could take over, manage for a bit, and then giggsy for the long tiem

after the champions league exit a lot of people started to see through his philosophy b.s. it's just not Manchester united's style.

I think the big reason why they are reluctant to sack him (or haven't done it earlier) is because Giggsy wouldnt be a very good replacement because he doesn't really have any real managerial experience... so if what i read just now is true about Man Utd having approached Ancelloti 2 weeks ago then it possibly means we have been talking to Pep (hence why he has made a decision to leave).....

It's tricky tbh I don't think Pep would want to come and fix this mess tbh lol he would rather go to a team like City with a bunch of world class players at his disposal! Jose would be good for short term i'm just not sure about him long term though....although what a story that would become if he came to Utd and we won the title :lol:

Abromovic would feel like a bastard!
Reply 570
after the champions league exit a lot of people started to see through his philosophy b.s. it's just not Manchester united's style.

I think the big reason why they are reluctant to sack him (or haven't done it earlier) is because Giggsy wouldnt be a very good replacement because he doesn't really have any real managerial experience... so if what i read just now is true about Man Utd having approached Ancelloti 2 weeks ago then it possibly means we have been talking to Pep (hence why he has made a decision to leave).....

It's tricky tbh I don't think Pep would want to come and fix this mess tbh lol he would rather go to a team like City with a bunch of world class players at his disposal! Jose would be good for short term i'm just not sure about him long term though....although what a story that would become if he came to Utd and we won the title :lol:

Abromovic would feel like a bastard!

Honestly i got kinda happy when we strung those results together at the back end of last season negl we were unstoppable idek what happenedddddd but yeah, this philosophy is utter ****e lmao

v good point, he hasn't got experience so if he had someone to work under he'd have that coaching mindset and maybe he'd be a good long term option bc honestly i dont like this chopping and changing manager business like other clubs, and ancelloti is off to bayren so pep is free but yea as you say he's probably gonna be off to city, who have UCL and are better than us

that'd be pretty funny lmao but i dont see it happening idk i dont think LVG will get the sack idk i just dont feel it, i think he'll go by mutual consent in the summer, but im not sure ill probably be corrected when we lose our next fixture lmao
Original post by zanner
Honestly i got kinda happy when we strung those results together at the back end of last season negl we were unstoppable idek what happenedddddd but yeah, this philosophy is utter ****e lmao

v good point, he hasn't got experience so if he had someone to work under he'd have that coaching mindset and maybe he'd be a good long term option bc honestly i dont like this chopping and changing manager business like other clubs, and ancelloti is off to bayren so pep is free but yea as you say he's probably gonna be off to city, who have UCL and are better than us

that'd be pretty funny lmao but i dont see it happening idk i dont think LVG will get the sack idk i just dont feel it, i think he'll go by mutual consent in the summer, but im not sure ill probably be corrected when we lose our next fixture lmao

Scenes when LVG doesn't get sacked then we start pulling off back to back victories and win the league :lol: :rofl:

Wow....this season is just full of surprises! Amazing tbh I can't remember a time when it has been this unpredictable and exciting :biggrin:
Reply 572
Scenes when LVG doesn't get sacked then we start pulling off back to back victories and win the league :lol: :rofl:

Wow....this season is just full of surprises! Amazing tbh I can't remember a time when it has been this unpredictable and exciting :biggrin:

probs gonna happen knowing this season... inb4 we win 5-1 vs chelsea and LVG runs down the touchline and celebrates... lmao

defooooo wtf are leicester even doing omg i have cousins from leicester who are just going mental
imagine the UCL if they get into the top 4... or even win the league omgfgdsfgh
Original post by zanner
probs gonna happen knowing this season... inb4 we win 5-1 vs chelsea and LVG runs down the touchline and celebrates... lmao

defooooo wtf are leicester even doing omg i have cousins from leicester who are just going mental
imagine the UCL if they get into the top 4... or even win the league omgfgdsfgh

i actually hope Leicester win the league this season or get a champions league spot they really deserve it! They have been playing amazing football as a TEAM and people have been saying they got lucky nahhhh they have worked hard even when their losing 3-0 they still fight hard, giving it everything as a team and have come back to draw the game 3-3!

If anything the top clubs should be taking note of the shear passion their team has! Mahrez, Urjoa and Vardy have been a deadly trio
Reply 574
i actually hope Leicester win the league this season or get a champions league spot they really deserve it! They have been playing amazing football as a TEAM and people have been saying they got lucky nahhhh they have worked hard even when their losing 3-0 they still fight hard, giving it everything as a team and have come back to draw the game 3-3!

If anything the top clubs should be taking note of the shear passion their team has! Mahrez, Urjoa and Vardy have been a deadly trio

ini man like imagine that, and since they wont be seeded so they'll have real, bayern, barca etc in the group stages omffffffffffg that's like actually amazing lmao, what a work ethic that team has, absolute legends

exactly, I remember watching Mahrez in the world cup and i was like 'lads got talent'... little did i know

Spoiler

Original post by Manchester United
There's no point in sticking with LVG if he's going at the end of the season anyway. Lets take Mourinho, the second best manager in the world, whilst he's available. We then need to sign a top CB, a top RW and play counter-attacking football with inside-forwards and overlapping fullbacks like he did at Chelsea (04-06) and Real Madrid.

This is really the strongest and most logical reason for getting rid of LVG now. He's not doing a very good job, and the situation regarding available managers at the end of the season is going to be the same as it is now, except instead of only one world class manager being available, there will be zero.

However, this is based on two assumptions: 1) That Jose won't still be available next summer (which seems unlikely yeah) and 2) that there's no chance chance of Pep going to United in the summer. Obviously if the board think that that's a possibility, then it's much more preferable to getting Mourinho in now.

So maybe no change would actually be a good sign tbh.
Any news on this, want it done ASAP?
Original post by hayles101
Read all you said and good points. Main thing I picked up though.. isn't top 4 already in danger?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think because we're level with Spurs and the league is fairly open atm, means United might be hesitant to act. If Spurs were ahead by 6pts now, then a loss/draw from Stoke would have been the end but as long as LVG keeps them in fourth, think Woodward won't act unless the performances continue to be dire.

I still feel we might have a chance with Pep - City are favourites but still think there's a small chance if he's willing to come to United based on his previous admiration for the club and accepting he'll have a re-building job.
(edited 8 years ago)
More than likely true, then.

Latest