The Student Room Group

Capital punishment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sw651
So basically you admit you dont even believe that your opinion is right, because some made up God says its wrong. You are so blinded by this fantasy world you have made up! And please write in proper English.

yes i accept to that but how can u say that its a mde up god there are many evidences if u want to tlk about that sattart a new thread and i willl proove and argue
Original post by Underscore__
Well if you agree with the idea of revenge being legally sanctioned should France just indiscriminately kill Muslims in revenge for a group of Muslims indiscriminately killing Parisians?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What the heck are you talking about? I thought we were chatting about serial killers, and criminals. Now you're comparing them to Muslims. Remember. You said that, not me.

You brought up Muslims into the conversation while at least I stayed on track about pro-capital punishment. To answer your question, no.
Unless you're trying to say Muslims following Islam are very similar to guilty rapists, serial killers, and criminals. But i rather continue our chat about pro-captial pun vs anti-capital pun. I thought it was going somewhere.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by honey55497
yes i accept to that but how can u say that its a mde up god there are many evidences if u want to tlk about that sattart a new thread and i willl proove and argue

Create a thread and PM me the link??
Original post by Macy1998
What the heck are you talking about? I thought we were chatting about serial killers, and criminals. Now you're comparing them to Muslims. Remember. You said that, not me.

You brought up Muslims into the conversation while at least I stayed on track about pro-capital punishment. To answer your question, no.
Unless you're trying to say Muslims following Islam are very similar to guilty rapists, serial killers, and criminals. But i rather continue our chat about pro-captial pun vs anti-capital pun. I thought it was going somewhere.

My aim was very clearly to reframe your point. You believe in legitimising the vengeful feelings of certain members of the public with a like for like response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you support capital punishment and why ?

Yes, but it's hard because sometimes innocent people are killed. So it should be more assessed and should have 100% evidence before it is taken place.
Reply 125
Original post by Aaron2515
Yes, but it's hard because sometimes innocent people are killed. So it should be more assessed and should have 100% evidence before it is taken place.

This mirrors something I read in the news. Basically, all the evidence pointed other guy killing someone, and after they killed him, they found out he was innocent, its still a bit broken even waiting for evidence.
do you support capital punishment and why ?

I support the death sentence and especially for the worst evil; torture by any means. A slow and painful death for these 'people' is the ideal outcome.

I don't see why a victim(s) has a life long sentence while the offender could be out before you know it. Justice and revenge must be served.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by Gears265
I support the death sentence and especially for the worst evil; torture by any means. A slow and painful death for these 'people' is the ideal outcome.

I don't see why a victim(s) has a life long sentence while the offender could be out before you know it. Justice and revenge must be served.

Ah yes, because of course murder and rape don't carry life sentences at all. They are let out after a few years.

We have a justice system so that it is fair, what you are saying is not. What about all the innocents that die in war, do we put soldiers in jail and torture them?
Original post by sw651
Ah yes, because of course murder and rape don't carry life sentences at all. They are let out after a few years.

We have a justice system so that it is fair, what you are saying is not. What about all the innocents that die in war, do we put soldiers in jail and torture them?

Only a liberal would say our justice system is 'fair'. A family loses a son, daughter, mother, father...to murder and have a life long sentence and yet you think a few years in prison is fair?

And for the record, they don't carry life sentences. Search some cases up. Few if any these days stay in prison for their whole lives. Majority have half sentences for "good behaviour" or another one of your liberal/left wing reasons.

Sympathisers like you are the reason majority of the people are not satisfied with the U.K. Justice system. You think these murderers, rapists, pedophiles and so on all deserve rights, even after they took every right from their victim(s). It's disgusting how you stick up for these filth.

It does make me happy though that the suffering of these barbaric evil scum hurts part of you people. You actually feel upset when they get real justice. It's a win win when they suffer and inside people like you feel their pain as well. Just another reason why the death sentence should be brought back :smile:
Only a liberal would say our justice system is 'fair'. A family loses a son, daughter, mother, father...to murder and have a life long sentence and yet you think a few years in prison is fair?

And for the record, they don't carry life sentences. Search some cases up. Few if any these days stay in prison for their whole lives. Majority have half sentences for "good behaviour" or another one of your liberal/left wing reasons.

Sympathisers like you are the reason majority of the people are not satisfied with the U.K. Justice system. You think these murderers, rapists, pedophiles and so on all deserve rights, even after they took every right from their victim(s). It's disgusting how you stick up for these filth.

It does make me happy though that the suffering of these barbaric evil scum hurts part of you people. You actually feel upset when they get real justice. It's a win win when they suffer and inside people like you feel their pain as well. Just another reason why the death sentence should be brought back :smile:

If you commit murder you will not be in jail for 'a few years', you clearly know nothing about the criminal justice system.

Again you show a lack of knowledge, murder carries a mandatory life sentence and the maximum sentence for rape is life imprisonment. You seem to be under the delusion that prison exists to punish people when that's not the intent at all. Sentencing someone to spend the rest of their life in prison without any possibility of being free again should be saved only for serial murders or those who show no signs of rehabilitation and thankfully that's the way the system works at the moment.

Majority? Any statistics to back that up? Clearly you have no understanding of the rights you're talking about, no crime other than murder takes all of a victims rights away.

It does make me happy that your view on barbaric and archaic justice is a minority view and that such an unjust sentence can't be reintroduced into this country. It's funny how you use the term liberal as an insult, it's about as stupid as when children call each other gay as an insult

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sw651

Soldiers who knowingly kill civilians deserve punishment. Imo soldiers who kill civilians through carelessness should be punished, too.

I don't believe in capital punishment. I think it's completely morally wrong. Of course, as a lefty, my opinion is completely, even as a victim of one of the crimes you've listed here.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
I don't believe in capital punishment. I think it's completely morally wrong. Of course, as a lefty, my opinion is completely, even as a victim of one of the crimes you've listed here.

These scum do not deserve rights after they stole the rights of their victims. This is not even a left vs right issue. The left yes maybe are more against capital punishment, but it's a liberal agenda, the left aren't the creators of this one. This is a prime reason I would never go to the police if it happened to someone I cared about. I would deliver justice myself, I have lost all faith in our justice which houses these scum in hotel-like prisons, gives them a better life after and even protects them.
These scum do not deserve rights after they stole the rights of their victims. This is not even a left vs right issue. The left yes maybe are more against capital punishment, but it's a liberal agenda, the left aren't the creators of this one. This is a prime reason I would never go to the police if it happened to someone I cared about. I would deliver justice myself, I have lost all faith in our justice which houses these scum in hotel-like prisons, gives them a better life after and even protects them.

I agree we need to reform the prison system, but I will never support the death penalty. It amazes me that people support the hypocrisy of killing for someone killing, or for 'lesser' crimes.
So the death penalty is demanded by proportionality and we should what proportionality demands regardless of other factors...

It sounds like your buying everything the media says, and by media I refer to the daily mail etc. In no way do I agree that criminals are punished to the extent they should be but if we agree and advocate rage death penalty what does that say about us as a society? About the person delivering the 'justice' in the form of the execution? Following your line of argument you'd want rapists to be raped which is physically impossible in most cases.
Reply 136

But isn't forgiveness better? The point of prison has always been reform rather than punishment, we make these people pay for their crimes, when they are in there they do have to work and show they can be a normal member of society. When they are let out the stats show the majority don't commit another crime.

They deserve rights because when they are born into this world they get the same rights you do. Put it this way, if someone murdered your mother and then you murdered them, would you willingly let people who have never met you sentence you to death?

We haven't actually abolished the death sentence in the UK? You do know that there are 3 crimes that carry the death penalty.

Justice is making sure someone pays for their crimes within their rights as a human
Reply 137
Original post by crystal-09
So the death penalty is demanded by proportionality and we should what proportionality demands regardless of other factors...

Which proportionality do you mean? I don't think that there has ever been evidence that it is supported, quite the contrary actually
Original post by sw651
Which proportionality do you mean? I don't think that there has ever been evidence that it is supported, quite the contrary actually

Well from the thread it appears many feel the death penalty would be a proportionate punishment for a lot of crimes including murder. I personally don't think it is proportionate to any crime just to clarify
Original post by crystal-09

The most recent poll says that fewer than 50% of people in the UK don't support the death penalty.

I would agree that prisons are too soft but aside from that you sound like a violent immature child. You cannot remove a persons human rights simply because they've done something wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending