The Student Room Group

What did you think of Tyson Fury's 'apology'?

Apparently the country is divided.

[video="youtube;4WTlRDuQ-rc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTlRDuQ-rc[/video]

More importantly, if you were watchign it live, was Greg Rutherford's face... it said it all.

Can someone explain to me why they dislike eachother so much?

I know Fury has said some pretty daft things, but I don't get why it affect Rutherford so much?

Scroll to see replies

He is entitled to his opinion, and I can believe that much of what he says is him just feckin' around. That said, it is entirely understandable that some people will find some of what he says abhorrent and they are equally entitled to voice that opinion. As for Greg, all I seem to remember is that he threatened to boycott the awards because of Fury or something like that.
Reply 2
Urgh, referred to himself in the 3rd person. Reue hates that.
Makes Lineker look like a midget.
He shouldn't have apologised. He can say what he wants and it was hardly anywhere as bad as Mohamed Ali.
Nick Clegg-esque levels of cringe.
Reply 6
Hes entitled to his opinion but obviously rutherford has had some experience of this... also i bet this lost him the sp15 title
Original post by Reue
Urgh, referred to himself in the 3rd person. Reue hates that.

bear™ is with you on that

:wink:
Tyson Fury is a classic example of the media creating something for them to write about.

If the media hadn't made such a fuss about how "offended" everybody was, who really would have known or cared about Fury's opinions. He's not running for political office or anything he's just a boxer, he's not here to provide moral leadership. If you live in a country of free speech then you will hear some people spout crap, it's their right.

But the media had to report everywhere how "offensive" his comments were like a bratty kid running to teacher, MISS, TYSON SAID THIS!!! and then we all had to hear about it.
Original post by ikhan94
Hes entitled to his opinion but obviously rutherford has had some experience of this... also i bet this lost him the sp15 title

Most likely.

There was probably a boycott of some sorts.
I think he shouldnt have apologised. He should have defended his beliefs. What he said about women was a bit wrong. But what he said about homosexuality, etc was right.

He got a bit nervous in front of the crowd and didnt want to hurt their feelings. But deep down, he will still stick with most of his beliefs.
i expect he will be invited to appear on panel games for the lulz.
Original post by Naveed-7
I think he shouldnt have apologised. He should have defended his beliefs. What he said about women was a bit wrong. But what he said about homosexuality, etc was right.

He got a bit nervous in front of the crowd and didnt want to hurt their feelings. But deep down, he will still stick with most of his beliefs.

Expect some backlash from TSR.
I don't see why he needed to apologise for stating his beliefs. Didn't know we were in Communist China!

No it wasn't.

He said:

"There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the Devil comes home. One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other is paedophilia. So who would have thought in the 50s and early 60s that those first two would be legalised. For me, people can say 'oh, you’re against abortions and you're against paedophilia, you're against homosexuality, you're against whatever' but my faith and my culture is all based on the bible."

He's not just moaning about things like gay marriage (which wouldn't be anywhere near as bad), he is actually complaining about homosexuality even being legal, and talking about "the devil". Which is just hateful and indefensible.
Original post by ClitYeastWood
Apparently the country is divided.

[video="youtube;4WTlRDuQ-rc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTlRDuQ-rc[/video]

More importantly, if you were watchign it live, was Greg Rutherford's face... it said it all.

Can someone explain to me why they dislike eachother so much?

I know Fury has said some pretty daft things, but I don't get why it affect Rutherford so much?

I think comparing himself to Ali was a bit much. Muhammad Ali who stood up for black people and told the truth about racism to the faces of white people, not to mention not going to the war in Vietnam. He chickened because it is obvious some1 had a word in his ear.

In what ways are his opinions on homosexuality "right"?
Original post by DiddyDec
He is just a gypsy, you can't expect much from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

IF he was a mute it would have been better. He's a boxer, just do your job and keep your ****ing backward comments to yourself the buffoon.
Original post by IFoundWonderland
In what ways are his opinions on homosexuality "right"?

Well, who wouldnt be against gay marriage being legalised? Tyson's opinions on gay marriage are completely right. Gay marriage is rubbish, unnatural and unhuman, SNM.
Gay marriage is against Christianity and Islam. Tyson has a right to express his opinion, and his religious beliefs just as much as everyone else. Everyone who is against him, is also against Christianity lol.
Reply 19
Well, who wouldnt be against gay marriage being legalised? Tyson's opinions on gay marriage are completely right. Gay marriage is rubbish, unnatural and unhuman, SNM.
Gay marriage is against Christianity and Islam. Tyson has a right to express his opinion, and his religious beliefs just as much as everyone else. Everyone who is against him, is also against Christianity lol.

Homosexuality is natural and is humane. It has been proven many times before and yet people still believe it isn't. And don't even start using religious excuses as a justification.

Quick Reply

Latest