The Student Room Group

Will I get a Certifying Statement of Results?

I am sitting for my A2 this Jan 2016, Edexcel International A level. My results will be out at 3rd of March and I am required to sent OFFICIAL documents to my university by 20th of April.

The problem is Edexcel does not issue certificates till May and I have been informed that I wont be able to receive my certificates till May 31st.

I have contacted Edexcel twice about a Certifying Statement of Results and got the following replies:
First reply : "We can send a certified document directly to the university via our replacements service, and this will take up to 20 working days to be dispatched. I would recommend applying for this in April time, if you need the document proof by June."

Second reply: "We can dispatch a copy of your official results to a University on 3rd March (results day) I would suggest making an application for a replacement certificate one week before this. "

I am not understanding the second reply. I mean, what type of doc and how is it possible to get a Certifying statement of results that early?

Please note: I am not talking about the Provisional Statement of results. I am looking for something like this: https://acecerts.co.uk/web/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Pearson-Edexcel-Functional-Skills-Certifying-Statement-of-Results.png
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by rifan02
I am sitting for my A2 this Jan 2016, Edexcel International A level. My results will be out at 3rd of March and I am required to sent OFFICIAL documents to my university by 20th of April.

The problem is Edexcel does not issue certificates till May and I have been informed that I wont be able to receive my certificates till May 31st.

In my experience, universities will accept a signed statement from the exam centre detailing your results (but may want to see your certificates when the eventually turn up) so there is no need to get Edexcel to do anything.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
In my experience, universities will accept a signed statement from the exam centre detailing your results (but may want to see your certificates when the eventually turn up) so there is no need to get Edexcel to do anything.

Unfortunately, the university(Australian) wont give an unconditional offer until I provide them some sort of OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF RESULTS from Edexcel. So that is why I require a Certifying Statement of Results after 3rd of March ASAP.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by rifan02
Unfortunately, the university(Australian) wont give an unconditional offer until I provide them some sort of OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF RESULTS. So that is why I require a Certifying Statement of Results after 3rd of March ASAP.

Have you actually asked them if what I suggested would be sufficient? I can only answer for UK universities but I have never found one who didn't accept it (and I must have provided a statement to 15-20 universities over the years).
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Have you actually asked them if what I suggested would be sufficient? I can only answer for UK universities but I have never found one who didn't accept it (and I must have provided a statement to 15-20 universities over the years).

Yes, I have contacted them, these were the replies I got:
"Further to your enquiry, when you apply, you may supply the documents you had mentioned, although you will need to provide certified copies of your official documents to support your application as soon as they become available before we can assess you for a full course offer."

"A full offer of admission will be issued only when all academic and English language requirements have been met, and all certified official transcripts/documentation have been supplied."
Reply 5
Original post by rifan02
Yes, I have contacted them, these were the replies I got:
"Further to your enquiry, when you apply, you may supply the documents you had mentioned, although you will need to provide certified copies of your official documents to support your application as soon as they become available before we can assess you for a full course offer."

"A full offer of admission will be issued only when all academic and English language requirements have been met, and all certified official transcripts/documentation have been supplied."

I would still try asking the question as what they are asking is not achievable and my experience is that universities always accept the school certifying the results, at least as an interim measure.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
I would still try asking the question as what they are asking is not achievable and my experience is that universities always accept the school certifying the results, at least as an interim measure.

In that case If I apply for a Certifying Statement of Results in March what will happen? What kind of doc will Edexcel issue and will not hold my Jan 16 results?

I have asked them several times. I can apply with the Provisional Statement of Result and they will assess my application. In this stage they will only issue a conditional offer and they will only give a full unconditional offer after I have supplied the required official documents.
Reply 7
Original post by rifan02
In that case If I apply for a Certifying Statement of Results in March what will happen?

No idea as the only circumstance when I have known people apply for these is when they have lost their original certificates years after they took their A levels.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
No idea as the only circumstance when I have known people apply for these is when they have lost their original certificates years after they took their A levels.

Its alright, thank you for your assistance.
Reply 9
anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest