The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Got my Durham philosophy offer on the 4th of Dec... Any other philosophy applicants here?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by mazzaion
Today I got the "we're waiting until January to make all of our decisions" email, which is stressful... because seeing "Durham" my brain assumed "ohmygo****sadecision"

I got that email too! I already got my Durham offer so I thought it was them emailing to say it had been revoked. I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment!
Term is ending that's why, admissions tutors need a Christmas holiday :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
My son just got an AAB offer for Geology :-)
I also got that email but then 10 minutes later I got an offer from them for maths :smile:. So happy!
Reply 1105
So have some people been rejected already?
Original post by Platopus
I got that email too! I already got my Durham offer so I thought it was them emailing to say it had been revoked. I swear my heart stopped beating for a moment!

Oh gosh I'm so glad it wasn't your offer being taken away, that'd be so sad!
I got an offer for theoretical physics just one hour ago!
Just got an offer for English and History! So pleased!
Hi guys!

So it's been around a month since my application was sent off and I haven't heard back...
I do the IB diploma programme and applied for business and management, but I'm one point off the requirements...
Do I still have a shot to get an offer? :/

Thanks!
Original post by IzzySaskia
Just got an offer for English and History! So pleased!

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your gcse and a level grades are and when you sent off your application? I applied for English and philosophy on 5th November but was expecting to wait until next year
Original post by jill800
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your gcse and a level grades are and when you sent off your application? I applied for English and philosophy on 5th November but was expecting to wait until next year

Yeah no problem. At GCSE I got 8A*s and 2As and at AS 4 As, with a prediction of 3A*s. UCAS seems to indicate the unis received my application on 9th October, but yeah, I didn't expect to hear this side of New Year either! Good luck with your application :smile:
Anyone heard anything for Comb Hons in Social Sciences?
Original post by IzzySaskia

Yeah no problem. At GCSE I got 8A*s and 2As and at AS 4 As, with a prediction of 3A*s. UCAS seems to indicate the unis received my application on 9th October, but yeah, I didn't expect to hear this side of New Year either! Good luck with your application :smile:

Wow makes sense then, they're amazing stats! And thank you! *crossed fingers* :smile:
GOT AN OFFER FOR LAW! I'm at a party and just checked UCAS Track out of habit. Time to get another drink to celebrate!! :biggrin:
Original post by jill800

I know it's not the same because you applied for joint honours but I applied for philosophy and got my offer on the 4th of December. So, (assuming the philosophy department is involved in reviewing your application and the English department doesn't take too long) you should receive an offer soon!
Original post by Platopus
I know it's not the same because you applied for joint honours but I applied for philosophy and got my offer on the 4th of December. So, (assuming the philosophy department is involved in reviewing your application and the English department doesn't take too long) you should receive an offer soon!

Oh that's good to hear! Quite reassuring, thank you :smile: also congrats on your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jill800
Oh that's good to hear! Quite reassuring, thank you :smile: also congrats on your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you - hope you get yours soon!
Reply 1119
Has anyone received an offer for pure English yet? Well done to all those with offers already!!

Quick Reply

Latest