The Student Room Group

Capital punishment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abruiseonthesky
I agree we need to reform the prison system, but I will never support the death penalty. It amazes me that people support the hypocrisy of killing for someone killing, or for 'lesser' crimes.

probably one of the few things I will disagree with you. In this age where resources are mismanaged and families are working hard to make ends meet, it is completely unfair to keep murderers and rapists in a safe heaven when their actions -intentional or not - have left scores of law abiding citizens living in fear and mental agony.

Maybe if UK is as developed as Norway then capital punishment can be revalued. All these militants, killers and rapists, returning to uk really need to face swift justice for the sake of its citizens's well being.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiceTheSlice
probably one of the few things I will disagree with you. In this age where resources are mismanaged and families are working hard to make ends meet, it is completely unfair to let murderors and rapists a safe heaven when their actions -intentional or not - have left scores of law abiding citizens living in fear and mental agony.

Maybe if UK is as developed as Norway then capital punishment can be revalued. All these militants, killers and rapists, returning to uk really need to face swift justice for the sake of its citizens's wellbeing.

Surely putting them in prison safeguards the public?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Surely putting them in prison safeguards the public?

Posted from TSR Mobile

.... you are missing the point. Cost incurred to shelter a serial killer is a mismanagement of resource when you know there is a law abiding citizen who is unable to make ends meet.
Reply 143

.... you are missing the point. Cost incurred to shelter a serial killer is a mismanagement of resource when you know there is a law abiding citizen who is unable to make ends meet.

The court case to chare them would be far more expensive, as is the cost to build facilities to execute them, hire extra doctors to check dead bodies, extra guards for death row, build death row cell blocks.

You're clearly not very clued up, capital punishment would likely cost us more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the bear
it is to die for

am i going to hell for laughing
Reply 146
Original post by meediaabid
am i going to hell for laughing

Now now, we all know hell is made up #fightmechristians
probably one of the few things I will disagree with you. In this age where resources are mismanaged and families are working hard to make ends meet, it is completely unfair to keep murderers and rapists in a safe heaven when their actions -intentional or not - have left scores of law abiding citizens living in fear and mental agony.

Maybe if UK is as developed as Norway then capital punishment can be revalued. All these militants, killers and rapists, returning to uk really need to face swift justice for the sake of its citizens's well being.

End the mismanagement of resources..?

Killing, except for euthanasia, whatever the animal species, is always completely morally wrong imo. Just because it's sanctioned by the state doesn't make it right. Personally, I'd rather they lived out their lives under restricted privileges, like in prison (except without the luxuries afforded to them now; there should be the bare minimum, i.e. food, warmth, clothes and access to education for those in for lesser crimes like theft where they'll be out after a while, and life should be life). Look at Switzerland/Sweden (I can't remember which, I always get them confused, I think it's Switzerland I mean this time :tongue:), where their prison system is highly effective.
The death penalty does not deter murder so it is not a tool prevent crime. The British justice system which Canada employs is based on rehabilitation not revenge or convenience.
Canada has no death penalty and I see no need for it. Murder is murder no matter who does it. The state operates in the jurisdiction of its constituents if the state executes someone all those constituents are in fact murderers.
My aim was very clearly to reframe your point. You believe in legitimising the vengeful feelings of certain members of the public with a like for like response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh, yeah I do.
Guilty murders, and criminals. I don't know where Muslims came from. Islam is a religion, and not a guilty crime. If you going to make a comparison at least make one that makes sense, please. We were talking about pro vs anti capital and then it came to your mind, "Oh! I know. Muslims".

Hmm. Guilty serial killer/rapist that murdered 30 people vs Muslim. My mind is re-framed now.
Original post by Macy1998
Uh, yeah I do.
Guilty murders, and criminals. I don't know where Muslims came from. Islam is a religion, and not a guilty crime. If you going to make a comparison at least make one that makes sense, please. We were talking about pro vs anti capital and then it came to your mind, "Oh! I know. Muslims".

Hmm. Guilty serial killer/rapist that murdered 30 people vs Muslim. My mind is re-framed now.

You're evidently quite simple minded (as evidenced by your support of capital punishment as well as your failure to grasp a simple point) so I'll make it very simple for you.

If you kill someone in response to them killing someone else you're committing a like for like (that means the same) retaliation. Had France decided to deploy 8 people in areas populated by Muslims and told them to indiscriminately shoot at anyone that would have been a like for like (the same) retaliation; 8 Muslims shoot at French people, 8 French people shoot at Muslims.

By supporting the death penalty you're supporting like for like retaliation so if you wouldn't support France deciding to do that you're being hypocrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're evidently quite simple minded (as evidenced by your support of capital punishment as well as your failure to grasp a simple point) so I'll make it very simple for you.

If you kill someone in response to them killing someone else you're committing a like for like (that means the same) retaliation. Had France decided to deploy 8 people in areas populated by Muslims and told them to indiscriminately shoot at anyone that would have been a like for like (the same) retaliation; 8 Muslims shoot at French people, 8 French people shoot at Muslims.

"Yes, i support captial punishment..."
"MUSLIMS! MUSLIMS! MUSLIMS! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND YOU SHOULDN'T BE PRO BECAUSE OF MUSLIMS?!"
By supporting the death penalty you're supporting like for like retaliation so if you wouldn't support France deciding to do that you're being hypocrite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah. I'm simple minded because i'm pro anti capital pun but not you. You're far too smart and complex for me, right? Lol. But seriously, what does Muslims have to do with capital pun? I'm trying to see the connection.

Wait, how is this a comparison? Are you saying, guilty criminals are similar to Muslims? For some reason you love bring up Muslim like that is your go to argument. Who am i killing?

Yes. Muslims shooting french people and vice versa is the expect same as the state injecting a lethal chemical into a serial killer/criminal. I understand your point perfectly now. If you want to educate me more about Muslims, go ahead. Educate on the history too of Islam, please.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Macy1998
Oh yeah. I'm simple minded because i'm pro anti captial pun but not you. You're far too smart and complex for me, right? Lol. But seriously, what does Muslims have to do with capital pun? I'm trying to see the connection.

Wait, how is this a comparison? Are you saying, guilty criminals are similar to Muslims? For some reason you love bring up Muslim like that is your go to argument. Who am i killing?

Yes. Muslims shooting french people and vice versa is the expect same as the state injecting a lethal chemical into a serial killer/criminal. I understand your point perfectly now. If you want to educate me more about Muslims, go ahead. Educate on the history too, please.

You can't be pro anti capital punishment, that makes no sense. I feel confident in the fact that I've made my point clear enough for anybody of even reasonable intelligence to understand and realistically there isn't any way I can simplify it any further for you. Just know this; whilst the UK remains in the EU capital punishment cannot possibly take place in this country thus your opinion on whether or not it should be reintroduced is utterly irrelevant
You can't be pro anti capital punishment, that makes no sense. I feel confident in the fact that I've made my point clear enough for anybody of even reasonable intelligence to understand and realistically there isn't any way I can simplify it any further for you. Just know this; whilst the UK remains in the EU capital punishment cannot possibly take place in this country thus your opinion on whether or not it should be reintroduced is utterly irrelevant

Oh, forgive me. I meant pro capital. Silly mistake.
All I really hear is you throwing Muslims into the equation. No one included them but you. I provided my argument, and it was too flawed for you. You provided your argument, and apparently it has more to do with Muslims than anything else. I thought it was capital punishment in general. You do realize in the little US of A, capital punishment in some states exist, right? Capital punishment happens outside the Uk too. The open post never said , do you support it (only in the UK). You may not like my argument but wouldn't say its irrelevant because we are not on the same page.

When people don't "get" your argument, throw in something about France, and Muslims. And boom. There's your argument. Has that working for you? :smile: If they don't get the connection, then you know you're too smart, lol. Because of course that argument applies to all arguments.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by honey55497
clearly if u read my previous messages ull know i stated if its neccasery such like som1 murdering ur family or rape im sure no offence if it hapened to u dont tell me ull forgiven them if u do then i rate u but im sure most people wodnt

If anyone does that to any member of my family and I have a chance to revenge, I'll tie him up, make an incision in his left 4th intercostal, wear a latex glove, smear it all over with salt and chilli. Put my hand in there , grab his beating heart, pull it out slowly and watch him jerk. Then I'll grab a machete, cut off his hands if he killed my relative or slice his genitals if it was rape.

Killers of Rigby should face public execution. They should be killed very very slowllllllllyyyyy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bardnnyc
If anyone does that to any member of my family and I have a chance to revenge, I'll tie him up, make an incision in his left 4th intercostal, wear a latex glove, smear it all over with salt and chilli. Put my hand in there , grab his beating heart, pull it out slowly and watch him jerk. Then I'll grab a machete, cut off his hands if he killed my relative or slice his genitals if it was rape.l

Killers of Rigby should face public execution. They should be killed very very slowllllllllyyyyy.

Silly me!!!!!! I though Neanderthals were extinct.
Original post by Bob Mackenzie
Silly me!!!!!! I though Neanderthals were extinct.

No m8, they are very much alive. Do you need proof?
Under certain conditions I bellieve CP is the best course of action. If someone would remain a danger to the population when released then they should be destroyed. The same as to what would happen to any other animal.
Original post by Lord_hanson
Under certain conditions I bellieve CP is the best course of action. If someone would remain a danger to the population when released then they should be destroyed. The same as to what would happen to any other animal.

So you think a person should be killed because they might commit a crime. Intetesting logic. Totally unjustified but intetesting.
Original post by Bob Mackenzie
So you think a person should be killed because they might commit a crime. Intetesting logic. Totally unjustified but intetesting.

Might commit another crime. If someone killed many people and it was highly likely he would kill again then yes they should be killed. Why lock them up for the rest of their life instead? It is a waste of resources. Kill them, recycle what organs are of use then burn the rest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending