The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by trapking
It really puzzles me how the team can be so different now given that was not long ago at all.....all we do now is literally pass backwards all the time and just stay there, no one even bothers to make runs apart from Martial but even he is restricted to some extent. It's like Van Gaal has chained each of the players to their positions and they are not allowed to play football freely lol

Maybe that's why Rooney appears to be even more **** than he was before :lol:

watching that vid

woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

might only be pre-season but it looks so good instead of the 0.25x speed we play at now omg
[video="youtube;-kSf48LvdB4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kSf48LvdB4[/video]

this is obviously fake but its funny!
So according to this video just posted Van Gaal will be sacked in the next hour or so and Giggs will be interim until the end of the season, seen these guys been correct about Ancelotti and Benitez last year so I'd trust them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfr64zoBTAQ
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
This statement from Bayern after sacking LVG can be just as applicable to us, it seems that this is how he manages and he has not learnt from past experiences:

"It all started getting messy when he dropped Hans-Jorg Butt and replaced him with Thomas Kraft.That brought insecurity into the defence and we could not hold out for much longer.Football should be enjoyable, but there has been nothing enjoyable about football at FC Bayern for a while now.And to say that he had the players behind him was a myth.The Manuel Neuer issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans.Problems were created which were totally unnecessary and which have ripped the club to pieces.Louis van Gaal should consider what he has done."

"It all started getting messy when he dropped Hererra and replaced him with Rooney.That brought insecurity into the attack and we could not attack for much longer.Football should be enjoyable, but there has been nothing enjoyable about football at Manchester United for a while now.And to say that he had the players behind him was a myth.The Victor Valdes issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans.Problems were created(clear cut chances on the pitch were not) which were totally unnecessary and this has ripped the club to pieces.Louis van Gaal should consider what he has done."

True or false?
Original post by Jimmy Seville
So according to this video just posted Van Gaal will be sacked in the next hour or so and Giggs will be interim until the end of the season, seen these guys been correct about Ancelotti and Benitez last year so I'd trust them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfr64zoBTAQ

lies... i dont want giggs to take over...gary monk was a one season wonder...
Original post by scrawlx101
lies... i dont want giggs to take over...gary monk was a one season wonder...

check the link fam
I'd be more inclined to click the link if it wasn't a YouTube link...

United fans acting like their club has been torn apart. You're 5th only on goal difference, and 4pts off 2nd.

Inb4 'hurr durr perspective'
check the link fam

an error occured?
check the link fam

bastard.....you got me :lol:
Original post by scrawlx101
"It all started getting messy when he dropped Hererra and replaced him with Rooney.That brought insecurity into the attack and we could not attack for much longer.Football should be enjoyable, but there has been nothing enjoyable about football at Manchester United for a while now.And to say that he had the players behind him was a myth.The Victor Valdes issue would never have escalated like it did and we would never have had any problems with the fans.Problems were created(clear cut chances on the pitch were not) which were totally unnecessary and this has ripped the club to pieces.Louis van Gaal should consider what he has done."

True or false?

Sounds right :smile: I don't think he'll get the sack now until Stoke though as apparently he took training today but tbh I think if the performances improve then I don't mind keeping him.

As long as we don't make Giggs permanent manager, as much as we love him I think its strange how someone can get the job just because he was a good player, I mean Giggs IS part of LVG team and the performances have been below par...

Original post by TornadoGR4

United fans acting like their club has been torn apart. You're 5th only on goal difference, and 4pts off 2nd.

I think we're in a good position due to the start we made, the past 1 and a half months has been hell. All those 0-0s and now losses have swayed many of the fans. The style of play has been most concerning, the stats are quoted on Sky a lot such as most backward passes, least shots on target etc
Reply 630
Imagine believing a youtube link
Would like Mourinho or Guardiola as next manager.
Think they are both on a par with each other ability wise but just that time with Mourinho with Porto and Inter, might be less risk with our squad at the moment than Pep, who has only coached world class sides.
However saying that Pep plays the same style as LVG just better, loves keeping the ball and high press, so would take less time to learn his style.

Expecting LVG to go soon. Thought he could sort it out. Defence and midfield were fine and we just needed to attack more but it has not happened and now the defence is not even good anymore. For me it was getting knocked out of the CL. Unacceptable with the group.
Reply 632
I thought the way we got knocked out the Capital One Cup was the most disgraceful. Unable to score against Middlesbrough at Old Trafford and All our senior members missing penalties. Horrible.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TornadoGR4

Anywhere below 1st at Christmas is unacceptable for this club imo. We should go into every season aiming to win the league, nothing less. Especially with the money we've spent

Chelsea are only 11pts behind us it's not beyond possibility that they catch us up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
I thought the way we got knocked out the Capital One Cup was the most disgraceful. Unable to score against Middlesbrough at Old Trafford and All our senior members missing penalties. Horrible.

Them not scoring those penalties wasn't really LVG's fault. Although I agree that that match was shocking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personally can't wait for Van Hoof's next excuse
Original post by uniofoxbridge
I personally can't wait for Van Hoof's next excuse

[video="youtube;otKlHRdnMXo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otKlHRdnMXo[/video]
Reply 637
Original post by Dirtybit

MK Dons

Hehehehehehhehehehehehe

Shouldn't be talking tbh but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trapking
[video="youtube;otKlHRdnMXo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otKlHRdnMXo[/video]

'Twas golden
Original post by SA-1
MK Dons

Hehehehehehhehehehehehe

Shouldn't be talking tbh but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your lot got badded up by a day of the week bro

Latest