The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jatheika
Hi I have an interview/test day at Hertfordshire on the 6th January and I just wanted to know how the maths and English tests were and what the pass mark !!! :redface:

Hey, I have an interview/test day on the 6th for Hertfordshire as well. Is yours at 13:00? I'm nervous but looking forward to it! How are your preparations going?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya I know I'm late to this thread but oh well :smile:

Branch: adult nursing
Unis: Manchester, Sheffield Hallam, Keele, Southampton and Bournemouth
So far I've been offered interviews for Keele, Southampton and Manchester on the 14th Jan, 30th Jan and 3rd sept

Relevant work experience:
2 x 6 month weekly volunteer job at local hospital
5 days shadowing
1 year volunteering with epilepsy suffers
Original post by gjani
Hey, I have an interview/test day on the 6th for Hertfordshire as well. Is yours at 13:00? I'm nervous but looking forward to it! How are your preparations going?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, yeah my interview is at 13:00 I am nervous as well and I still need to do some preparations!!! how is your preparation going???
Has anyone heard back from COventry University???
Hey, yeah my interview is at 13:00 I am nervous as well and I still need to do some preparations!!! how is your preparation going???

The same day and time as mine, might see you there aha. I've been practicing but the nerves do not help and neither does a load of essays - I'm trying to get as much practice in as possible over Christmas!! I'm going to be travelling up from London for the day, are you from Hertfordshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luce0506
Congrats on your offer, I know someone at Wolverhampton and she loves it! I had an offer for East anglia so it's made me feel better. When was your interview for Bham, was it the 9th of Dec? :smile:

Thank you congrats on your offer too! And thats good then just really looking forward to starting uni now! Nope my interview was on the 2nd December when was yours??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gjani
The same day and time as mine, might see you there aha. I've been practicing but the nerves do not help and neither does a load of essays - I'm trying to get as much practice in as possible over Christmas!! I'm going to be travelling up from London for the day, are you from Hertfordshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah we might haha!!! same i'm also nervous about the day but just trying out maths questions, I'm not from Hertfordshire unfortunately!
Yeah we might haha!!! same i'm also nervous about the day but just trying out maths questions, I'm not from Hertfordshire unfortunately!

Ahah it's nice to know I'm not the only one that's nervous! I've been practicing for maths as much as I can, hopefully I can perfect it within the time we have left. Where else have you got tests? And neither am I! It'll take a while to get there. Oh I forgot to ask, what have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gjani
Ahah it's nice to know I'm not the only one that's nervous! I've been practicing for maths as much as I can, hopefully I can perfect it within the time we have left. Where else have you got tests? And neither am I! It'll take a while to get there. Oh I forgot to ask, what have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got tests for Kings and Surrey and I've applied for Adult nursing. What branch have you applied for?
I got tests for Kings and Surrey and I've applied for Adult nursing. What branch have you applied for?

Can we please just take a moment to bond over the fact that I have tests at kings and Surrey as well haha! I have kings on the 13th of January and Surrey on the 22nd of February for Adult nursing as well! I also have Kingston on the 7th of January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ula456
Leeds and King's college replied to me in about a week.It varies for each university.Where have you applied? :smile:

Hi! I applied to kcl, brighton, surrey, southampton and canterbury. I guess the xmas break makes the wait even longer...hopefully it's good news. Have you had any interviews? If yes, how was it at kings please? :-)
Original post by gjani
Can we please just take a moment to bond over the fact that I have tests at kings and Surrey as well haha! I have kings on the 13th of January and Surrey on the 22nd of February for Adult nursing as well! I also have Kingston on the 7th of January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi guys. goodluck to both of you. Still waiting to hear from kings and surrey. hopefully i'll get an interview!!! :-) :-)
Original post by gjani

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the Kings one on the 13th of January as well and Surrey on the 8th of February I did the Kingston tests they were very basic maths and English test, however, I got rejected by them as my interview didn't go so well :frown:, but I wish you all the best and hope to see you on the 6th and 13th of January!!!:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by topsygrl
Hi guys. goodluck to both of you. Still waiting to hear from kings and surrey. hopefully i'll get an interview!!! :-) :-)

Hi, Thank you! Good luck to you to. I heard from kings within a few days after I sent off my application but Surrey took around 3 weeks to respond. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon with great news :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got the Kings one on the 13th of January as well and Surrey on the 8th of February I did the Kingston tests there were very basic maths and English test, however, I got rejected by them as my interview didn't go so well :frown:, but I wish you all the best and hope to see you on the 6th and 13th of January!!!:smile:

Aw that's great news! What's your personal first choice?
You still have many great chances and I hope you do well! Hertfordshire is going to be my first experience for tests and interviews out of all of my choices so I'm a nervous wreck but I do hope to see you on the 6th and 13th! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gjani
Aw that's great news! What's your personal first choice?
You still have many great chances and I hope you do well! Hertfordshire is going to be my first experience for tests and interviews out of all of my choices so I'm a nervous wreck but I do hope to see you on the 6th and 13th! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well Surrey will be my personal first choice and yeah Kingston interview was my first interview I ever did, hence didn't know what to expect!!!
Well Surrey will be my personal first choice and yeah Kingston interview was my first interview I ever did, hence didn't know what to expect!!!

You still have many great choices that you have going for you, I'm sure you'll do well!!! What sort of interview did you have for Kingston University?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gjani
You still have many great choices that you have going for you, I'm sure you'll do well!!! What sort of interview did you have for Kingston University?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, hope you do well as well . I had the MMI interview for Kingston.
I got the Kings one on the 13th of January as well and Surrey on the 8th of February I did the Kingston tests they were very basic maths and English test, however, I got rejected by them as my interview didn't go so well :frown:, but I wish you all the best and hope to see you on the 6th and 13th of January!!!:smile:

Hi I've applied to Kingston and had my interview last Friday when was yours
Thank you, hope you do well as well . I had the MMI interview for Kingston.

Aww thank you. I'm hoping to stay in and around London so Kings, Kingston or Surrey would be ideal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending