The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For the record I thought Ramsey played well tonight, even though his decision making when through on goal to cross instead of shoot was poor.

You could see in the first half he was being a lot more cautious and conservative than normal, not attacking as much as he normally does in order to keep a defensive structure and to be fair City hardly had a sniff first half apart from the De Bruyne chance.

2nd half he got forward a bit more and missed 2 good chances when through on goal but overall a solid performance from him in a job role slightly different to his normal game.
Who was it that wanted to throw a tantrum when flamini wasn't been sold in summer?
Reply 1722
Original post by SA-1
Really miss Jack :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he was back now it would be perfect cos he could play 10 and Ozil could rest a bit.
Original post by AR_95
You're joking right. He was ok on the ball, not great but defensively he put a great shift in and tracked back more than any other player tonight. Ramsey was the worst player tonight imo and really flopped some crucial moments. Felt everyone had something to contribute bar Ramsey tonight.

I guess it's selective memory; you hate Ramsey and Ox so only remember their flawed moments, you like Campbell so remember his good moments or put a positive spin on his bad ones. For example, you response to Campbell's miss from 6 yards was "unlucky Campbell" if it was ox it would have been "**** sake Ox such a **** player can't score from 6 ****ing yards guy is trash joke of a player who isn't good enough for this club". I am also equally guilty of this and remember ramseys good points perhaps rather than the ****e like the mix up with bellerin.

Ramsey had poor moments no doubt about that, but had a lot of good moments too where he linked up the play and made good runs. Again like i said with Campbell, Ramsey also gets into the right areas which is promising.

Campbell was strongish defensively tonight, but didn't track Sagna enough for my liking. Better than most of our wingers would have done though so good on him, it is definitely a strong part of his game, (but like with Welbeck I feel we only say that because Campbell has questionable offensive qualities). He just looked too clumsy/nervous on the ball for my liking and his first touch really let him down tonight. I'll assume it was nerves, hopefully he'll perform a bit better on boxing day and hopefully Ramsey will too.

Out of interest can you name 1 thing Flam did right tonight? I mean, his positioning was good but every other area of his game was lacking, especially passing on the edge of our box.

Also we should give props to mert, thought he was very very good tonight
Reply 1724
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
One thing we can all agree on though is that Koscielny is GOAT. Good things happen when he plays well.

Mert was a god this game. Absolutely killed off every City attack he had to deal with. Yaya's goal was nothing Mert could do about, it was a brilliant goal tbf.
Campbell nervous on the ball? Fuark am I reading. Guy thinks he's ronaldinho at times.
Original post by atom y humber
Who was it that wanted to throw a tantrum when flamini wasn't been sold in summer?

absolutely everyone and nah no regrets
After 60 minutes of a game Ramsey just says **** it and runs all the way up the pitch trying to get himself a goal.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
absolutely everyone and nah no regrets

Nah there was one person close to a melt down. Anyways, no regrets even after he saved your arses again. Silva who? Imagine playing chambers lol

Bow down to the feet of your saviour.
Campbell and Ramsey were fine today. We only looked vulnerable when we took off Ozil for Ox - go figure.

Need Sanchez back just so we can bring on Campbell as a sub instead of that Oxlade-basketcase.
Campbell nervous on the ball? Fuark am I reading. Guy thinks he's ronaldinho at times.

Maybe against trash like olympiakos but I lost count of how many times he had a poor first touch and lost a 1v1. Guy looked out of place imo but what can be expected of a guy who's played 5 games and is 5th choice winger being dropped for Gibbs at times. Not helping hits confidence really..

On a very positive note, against the current top 7, our record is 5 wins 1 draw 0 losses , 3 wins from 3 against the current top 4 (and 8 points from 5 games against last year's top 6, 6 from 3 against last year's top 4)
lol at people thinking Ramsey was anything other than below average tonight.

Judging his overall midfield performance it's easy to see he lacked the ability transition and facilitate play from deep. His passing was poor, his passing range was non existent, he got dispossessed a few times, his tackling was poor and he lacked creativity and imagination. He's just wasn't efficient at all. I think Santi is a much better all round CM tbh

Later in the game, when we were 2 up, he got further forward and started to look better because he's much more efficient in the final third than he is anywhere else on the pitch. Valid questions can be asked about him leaving our midfield exposed when we had a good lead and City were attacking with alot more urgency and determination.

Obviously Yaya's goal highlights a big problem that Ramsey has. He turned off, he wasn't interested or fully focused and he let a player of quality stroll through and do damage. I'd like to think for a match of such high importance he'd stay focused from start to finish. Blatant lack of discipline and responsibility imo. He's a B2B CM but we all know he's much more concerned with the final third than our own.
Nah there was one person close to a melt down. Anyways, no regrets even after he saved your arses again. Silva who? Imagine playing chambers lol

Me maybe? guy's still ****, and we need a better option.
also Ox is finished. Behind Gibbs now. Bloke is done.

ive seen opposition fans feel sorry for us when we play flamini against them
Original post by sevchenko
lol at people thinking Ramsey was anything other than below average tonight.

Judging his overall midfield performance it's easy to see he lacked the ability transition and facilitate play from deep. His passing was poor, his passing range was non existent, he got dispossessed a few times, his tackling was poor and he lacked creativity and imagination. He's just wasn't efficient at all. I think Santi is a much better all round CM tbh

Later in the game, when we were 2 up, he got further forward and started to look better because he's much more efficient in the final third than he is anywhere else on the pitch. Valid questions can be asked about him leaving our midfield exposed when we had a good lead and City were attacking with alot more urgency and determination.

Obviously Yaya's goal highlights a big problem that Ramsey has. He turned off, he wasn't interested or fully focused and he let a player of quality stroll through and do damage. I'd like to think for a match of such high importance he'd stay focused from start to finish. Blatant lack of discipline and responsibility imo. He's a B2B CM but we all know he's much more concerned with the final third than our own.

you don't deserve nice things
Reply 1736
Original post by leinad2012
I guess it's selective memory; you hate Ramsey and Ox so only remember their flawed moments, you like Campbell so remember his good moments or put a positive spin on his bad ones. For example, you response to Campbell's miss from 6 yards was "unlucky Campbell" if it was ox it would have been "**** sake Ox such a **** player can't score from 6 ****ing yards guy is trash joke of a player who isn't good enough for this club". I am also equally guilty of this and remember ramseys good points perhaps rather than the ****e like the mix up with bellerin.

Ramsey had poor moments no doubt about that, but had a lot of good moments too where he linked up the play and made good runs. Again like i said with Campbell, Ramsey also gets into the right areas which is promising.

Campbell was strongish defensively tonight, but didn't track Sagna enough for my liking. Better than most of our wingers would have done though so good on him, it is definitely a strong part of his game, (but like with Welbeck I feel we only say that because Campbell has questionable offensive qualities). He just looked too clumsy/nervous on the ball for my liking and his first touch really let him down tonight. I'll assume it was nerves, hopefully he'll perform a bit better on boxing day and hopefully Ramsey will too.

Out of interest can you name 1 thing Flam did right tonight? I mean, his positioning was good but every other area of his game was lacking, especially passing on the edge of our box.

Also we should give props to mert, thought he was very very good tonight

I dont hate Ramsey just think he's over rated. I use to hate both bellerin and Campbell but they've proved me wrong. I'll respond to the rest later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1737
Also flamini was good positioning wise and kept Silva quiet. We don't really need his passing to be great , that's not his job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL man said Santi > Ramsey
Original post by leinad2012
Maybe against trash like olympiakos but I lost count of how many times he had a poor first touch and lost a 1v1. Guy looked out of place imo but what can be expected of a guy who's played 5 games and is 5th choice winger being dropped for Gibbs at times. Not helping hits confidence really..

On a very positive note, against the current top 7, our record is 5 wins 1 draw 0 losses , 3 wins from 3 against the current top 4 (and 8 points from 5 games against last year's top 6, 6 from 3 against last year's top 4)

You don't half **** love making stuff up. When was he dropped for Gibbs? After an international break when he was miles away.

Guy's doing really well. The fact that ox isn't even getting a look in says it all. He's third choice winger and will most likely cement it by end of season.

I should be embarrassed for you.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest