The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone who has applied to UCL had to upload documents on Portico? I have been requested too but not been given a login. I have applied for a Masters there via a different email than I used for UCAS but there is nothing under that email for uploading my documents. Any suggestions?
Original post by carolineherts
That's great , where did you apply to ? 😊

I applied to Canterbury! What about you?
Original post by JamieInPompey
Yes! This! I had my literacy test on Saturday and put 27 in total. I then went back and was like arghhh there are only 15 marks, I must have done something wrong! Luckily I passed but I was SO worried! I am an English graduate and would have been ashamed of myself if I hadn't passed first time!

I cannot believe we have to wait until September now though!!

I'll definitely put more than 15 then!
Original post by Havrais
So my references have finally been completed. Just double checking through my application before sending it off and I've noticed a typo in my personal statement. It's not a particularly major one but it's annoying nevertheless. Alas on the application I can't go back and change it. Is it worth it to call up UCAS and see if it can be amended?

I made three typos on mine, one I missed out a comma and another I repeated a word in the same sentence!!! I read my PS over and over and over again, I did not notice it until after I sent it! I managed to get three interview invites and 2 offers (1 interview I did not attend because I got my first choice!). Of it's just a minor typo I'm sure you'll be fine. Once you've sent your UCAS off for references, you cannot amend it :frown:
You can make up to 3 minor errors apparently.
What are the usual conditions of conditional offer for Oxford science/Chemistry PGCE? 2.1 or 2.2?
Original post by Quirky!
What are the usual conditions of conditional offer for Oxford science/Chemistry PGCE? 2.1 or 2.2?

Should say on track. Oxford wanted me to 'complete my degree', i.e get at least an ordinary degree/third for physics.
Original post by TunaTunnel
Should say on track. Oxford wanted me to 'complete my degree', i.e get at least an ordinary degree/third for physics.

O.o thanks. I actually have an interview after Christmas. I just wanted to know what they'd want from me.
Original post by Quirky!
O.o thanks. I actually have an interview after Christmas. I just wanted to know what they'd want from me.

It says on the website there is no requirements for PGCE, I'd assume others have similar to what I have. For science you'll have pretty low requirements, Durham wants a 3rd, Cambridge says 2:2, but would maybe consider 3rd.
Original post by TunaTunnel
It says on the website there is no requirements for PGCE, I'd assume others have similar to what I have. For science you'll have pretty low requirements, Durham wants a 3rd, Cambridge says 2:2, but would maybe consider 3rd.

Yeah, it just feels strange that universities of that tier doesn't really care about the classification as much as middle tier universities. Two of my other choices ask for 2.2.

Do you have a rough idea of what timetable is like for science PGCE at Oxford?
Original post by Quirky!
Yeah, it just feels strange that universities of that tier doesn't really care about the classification as much as middle tier universities. Two of my other choices ask for 2.2.

Do you have a rough idea of what timetable is like for science PGCE at Oxford?

Because academic ability is not representative of ability to teach, I gathered that from the Cambridge interview at least when comparing the style of interview I got compared to the other students who were interviewed with far better academic grades.
argh! I was verbally offered a pgce place last Tuesday and have been waiting for Plymouth University to change my status to offer but nothing yet! I guess its too late now for it to be before January?? am starting to doubt myself ha!

thanks
Original post by Ros1978
argh! I was verbally offered a pgce place last Tuesday and have been waiting for Plymouth University to change my status to offer but nothing yet! I guess its too late now for it to be before January?? am starting to doubt myself ha!

thanks

A friend of mine who worked for my uni's clearing lines told me that UCAS actually takes a while to change the status on their end and there's nothing the uni can do to make it faster so it might already be up there and UCAS just hasn't updated yet.
Original post by Aemiliana
A friend of mine who worked for my uni's clearing lines told me that UCAS actually takes a while to change the status on their end and there's nothing the uni can do to make it faster so it might already be up there and UCAS just hasn't updated yet.

thanks. I am just impatient to see it in black and white as I haven't got anything in writing!
Applied for my Psychology PGCE via Pilgrim Trust. Only 2 spaces and I got one of them on the first day of interviews (Y) First choice! Second and third choice invited me to interviews too.
Just need to pass my QTS tests and I'm set.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone got accepted into Edge hill for PGCE primary? I have an interview soon and could do with some tips :smile:
Passed my skills tests! So happy :smile:
I just got an interview for Chichester! :biggrin: Still waiting for Brighton and Sussex to reply.
I was wondering if anyone could help me out though, Chichester's admission team emailed me saying they were offering me an interview, but also asked if I'd be interested in being interviewed for their Primary PGCE with Modern Languages as well as the general Primary course as they saw I had French GCSE and AS Level. They stated it would just be one interview though so I thought why not, technically gives me an extra choice! But I am worried - what sort of proficiency are they expecting from me? I haven't studied French since college, I enjoy it and would happily revise it, but there's only so much I can do before my interview!

Thank you, and good luck to all of you with interviews and skills tests! :biggrin:
Does anyone have any tips on how I can improve on the comprehension section in the Literacy skills test. That is the only section I am having issues with!
Original post by Bena0202
Does anyone have any tips on how I can improve on the comprehension section in the Literacy skills test. That is the only section I am having issues with!

Read lots of tes articles and summarise what is a fact, or opinion. What is implied etc... also take your time on it.

Quick Reply

Latest