The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjani
Aww thank you. I'm hoping to stay in and around London so Kings, Kingston or Surrey would be ideal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same here I want to stay in London too!!!
Original post by Jatheika
Yeah same here I want to stay in London too!!!

London is home ahaha I can't think of going out anywhere too far!! My parents want me to stay within a close proximity - 'just incase you need us' as they say

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gjani
London is home ahaha I can't think of going out anywhere too far!! My parents want me to stay within a close proximity - 'just incase you need us' as they say

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the same here, my parents want me to stay in London as well !!!
I heard back from Wolverhampton and they've gave me an conditional which in dissapointed with tbh as their asking grades are 260 UCAS points from three a levels and an A/S and I have 300!! They've asked for me to complete my first year of uni and prove that I pass it as well as prove I've got GCSE in maths, but they want the original copies and aren't accepting photo copies so either risk sending them in the post or drive all that way! (180 miles). Why would I need to pass my first year of uni if I already have the grades, you know? I mean I was planning to complete the year anyway but it's just stressful now knowing they have pressure on me haha, also, another thing is they're asking for this all to be proven by July 30th 2016, I won't get my Uni certificate that they're asking for until around August/September time will you? Xx
That's the same here, my parents want me to stay in London as well !!!

Ahaha this is kind of a random question but if you don't mind me asking, how are you going to be making your journey on the 6th of January to Hertfordshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gjani
Ahaha this is kind of a random question but if you don't mind me asking, how are you going to be making your journey on the 6th of January to Hertfordshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I might take the bus or train to Hertfordshire. How you going to get there?
Original post by laylaaa_xx
Thank you congrats on your offer too! And thats good then just really looking forward to starting uni now! Nope my interview was on the 2nd December when was yours??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same! And no mine was on the 9th of Dec, deffo won't be hearing till after xmas, great haha
I think I might take the bus or train to Hertfordshire. How you going to get there?

I'll probably be taking the bus or train as well, my dad said he wanted to come along but he'll just spend his time waiting around so I don't know if I should bring him. Are you coming alone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gjani
I'll probably be taking the bus or train as well, my dad said he wanted to come along but he'll just spend his time waiting around so I don't know if I should bring him. Are you coming alone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm coming alone but not sure yet!
I think I'm coming alone but not sure yet!

Yeah I'm not 100% sure if he'll come either! Honestly speaking I don't want to travel alone haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sezena
I heard back from Wolverhampton and they've gave me an conditional which in dissapointed with tbh as their asking grades are 260 UCAS points from three a levels and an A/S and I have 300!! They've asked for me to complete my first year of uni and prove that I pass it as well as prove I've got GCSE in maths, but they want the original copies and aren't accepting photo copies so either risk sending them in the post or drive all that way! (180 miles). Why would I need to pass my first year of uni if I already have the grades, you know? I mean I was planning to complete the year anyway but it's just stressful now knowing they have pressure on me haha, also, another thing is they're asking for this all to be proven by July 30th 2016, I won't get my Uni certificate that they're asking for until around August/September time will you? Xx

Hi just wondering will you be in my cohort in september 2016 and is that the only offer you have so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kat129
Just had an unconditional offer from Bournemouth Uni. That is 2 offers from 2 choices so I am really happy. Now I have to pick one though!!

I just received my unconditional offer for Adult Nursing at Bournemouth University too! I am so excited! x
Original post by gjani
Yeah I'm not 100% sure if he'll come either! Honestly speaking I don't want to travel alone haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww bless, same I really don't want to travel !!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pizzaajuice
I just received my unconditional offer for Adult Nursing at Bournemouth University too! I am so excited! x

Yay! Congratulations 😊😊
I've been invited to a selection day at City London (tests and interview) for nursing :-) it's not until march but I'm glad about that, means I have more time to revise for the tests!
Hey!

I've applied for Adult Nursing starting Sept 2016 and have already had 3/5 offers (Bournemouth, Coventry and Canterbury Christ Church).

I'm getting a little bit worried about my 4th and 5th Choice- They are both at Oxford Brookes University as I applied for two different nursing courses, (Adult Nursing and then adult+mental health nursing). I sent off my UCAS application on the 23rd October and have not even been invited to and interview from them :frown:. This is making me extremely worried that they are going to reject but surely if they were going to reject then they wouldn't wait this long? I know it's not yet the January deadline but it just seems really strange that they are the only place which hasn't even invited me to an interview.

Is anyone else in the same position as me?

Em xx
I had my interview for Keele about a month ago. They are really professional but really nice aswell! Having the student nurses there when the selection day is taking place really helped!! Although, depending on how far you live away from the uni, you could be waiting a long time to have your 1-1 interview:sigh:

I had my Keele interview about month ago too. Have you heard back from them yet?? so nervous waiting as this is my first choice!!
Original post by Emma_L_x
I had my Keele interview about month ago too. Have you heard back from them yet?? so nervous waiting as this is my first choice!!

Hi I got told at the interview that no ones going to hear from them till January so trying not to think about it so the time goes by quicker! Lol XD :smile:
Hi I got told at the interview that no ones going to hear from them till January so trying not to think about it so the time goes by quicker! Lol XD :smile:

Thank you!! Hopefully it will be good news when we hear!!
Hi just wondering will you be in my cohort in september 2016 and is that the only offer you have so far? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope that's another bad thing it was for the 2017 entry intake haha!! I got an unconditional from Chester earlier today though so I'm not bothered about Wolverhampton anymore :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending