The Student Room Group

Arsenal will win the league this season

Scroll to see replies

No one picked up on the subliminal stereotype shot:colonhash:
Can see it happening. Why not? Just 14 goals conceded - the same amount as Tottenham and United, admittedly - but they seem to be on point in all areas.

Ramsey is turning exceptional once again in the centre of the park, willing to put in the dirty work, which is helping him reach the lofty heights he set in 2013/14. Giroud scores against whatever is put in front of him, and Ozil's ability is just breathtaking. He is a far cry from the footballer who first turned up at the Emirates, blew hot and cold, and frustrated.

John Terry's admission that Cech could be worth 10-15 points on his own is turning true, too.
Good point made by Mackay. We've found the right balance between defence and attack the season. Joint least conceded and only City and Leicester have scored more. We can manage games better as a result, especially the bigger ones, like coming out all guns blazing vs a vulnerable Utd and playing more conservatively against City and waiting for the right moment's in the game to attack.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Good point made by Mackay. We've found the right balance between defence and attack the season. Joint least conceded and only City and Leicester have scored more. We can manage games better as a result, especially the bigger ones, like coming out all guns blazing vs a vulnerable Utd and playing more conservatively against City and waiting for the right moment's in the game to attack.

Agreed. There definitely seems to be a maturity to your game these days, almost as if you know how and when to beat teams.

I was so impressed last night. I really was. For years, for almost a decade in fact, it was the type of match last night that you'd crumble in and the headlines would be written and writing off Wenger and your squad.

For too long, we heard how your spine was weak, your depth was weak, your transfers were weak. I think the latter is still true, but the others are redundant arguments and you've got a new sense of assurance with your ability.

I think a large part of it is down to Ozil's magic wand currently, because it's easy to shine and beat evenly matched opponents when they are missing a key player and you have somebody capable of such brilliance in your ranks.
Original post by Mackay
Can see it happening. Why not? Just 14 goals conceded - the same amount as Tottenham and United, admittedly - but they seem to be on point in all areas.

Ramsey is turning exceptional once again in the centre of the park, willing to put in the dirty work, which is helping him reach the lofty heights he set in 2013/14. Giroud scores against whatever is put in front of him, and Ozil's ability is just breathtaking. He is a far cry from the footballer who first turned up at the Emirates, blew hot and cold, and frustrated.

John Terry's admission that Cech could be worth 10-15 points on his own is turning true, too.

If the last part is in anyway true *then it would surely make everything else well nigh moot seeing as Arsenal got 75 points last season.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moggis
If the last part is in anyway true *then it would surely make everything else well nigh moot seeing as Arsenal got 75 points last season.

Spoiler

Of course it isn't true. It's a throwaway soundbite. But points, in this sense anyway, can be substituted for confidence. You see the confidence Wenger has in Cech (bar starting Ospina in CL matches, bizarrely) and that feeds throughout the team. For so long, they had a poor goalkeeper between the sticks.

Look at Liverpool recently. Having an inferior goalkeeper festers paranoia and anxiety. Apart from a misstep on his debut to West Ham, where he cost them a goal, Cech's move to Arsenal has been a heck of a success.
Original post by Mackay
Of course it isn't true. It's a throwaway soundbite. But points, in this sense anyway, can be substituted for confidence. You see the confidence Wenger has in Cech (bar starting Ospina in CL matches, bizarrely) and that feeds throughout the team. For so long, they had a poor goalkeeper between the sticks.

Look at Liverpool recently. Having an inferior goalkeeper festers paranoia and anxiety. Apart from a misstep on his debut to West Ham, where he cost them a goal, Cech's move to Arsenal has been a heck of a success.

Ok.Cool.
Now that I know that some of your comments might be throwaway soundbites I will look on your posts more benignly.

I really didn't think that comment about Cech was throwaway and often find it hard to know what you mean literally and what you are saying by way of 'having a conversation'.

I may as well take this opportunity however to pick you up on the rest of your post/posts.

You give me the impression of someone who always tries to find reasons for things happening.In football at least.Nothing wrong with that of course.After all this is a forum.

Sometimes there are of course reasons but often things are merely coincidence.

I believe that many people overreact to events in football.

But forums are for posting opinions on.

But they are just opinions.Rarely facts.

Coincidence plays a bigger part in football than most people seem to realise.(And probably in life no doubt)

Ha.Thats just my opinion of course.

In fact journalists are often the biggest culprits .Well journalists and pundits of course.

I daresay there might be a reply to this. I may not read it because I really don't have anything else to add.

I totally understand if there are posters on here who think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Who knows,you may well be right.

Cheers :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
This is Leicester's year
Arsenal support here. I do think the winners of the CL are going to be Liverpool.

You'll never waaaaalk alooooneeeeeee

Jk.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

It's quite strange how Arsenal are now beating the big teams and dropping points to the relegation fodder (Chelsea, Norwich, WBA).

A lot of their big away games are in the second half of the season though. They've got a very difficult Jan/Feb where they go to Liverpool, Stoke and Man United as well as home games against Leicester, Barcelona and Chelsea. If they're top of the league after that then it's theirs to lose.

Will take a monumental **** up for them to fall apart. I'm sure every Arsenal fan remembers Birmingham away in 2008.
Original post by moggis
x

Good post. I genuinely don't see you as somebody who doesn't have a clue. I think you're reasoned in your arguments, if not a little hard to follow because of your paragraphing/grammar.

In regards to 'finding reasons for things happening'. You're bang on - coincidence does occur - but I live in a world, because of my outlook, where I can't just rely on coincidence, or attribute things to them. I was at university for four years, so that may have added to my methodical/analytical mind. You're right, though. Football is entertainment first and foremost. But if we don't want to scrutinise, analyse, deliberate... why do we watch it? Sure, for immersion and to lose ourselves, but why do we come on TSR? To debate, to discuss, to have our views challenged etc.
Reply 131
Original post by moggis
Ok.Cool.
Now that I know that some of your comments might be throwaway soundbites I will look on your posts more benignly.

I really didn't think that comment about Cech was throwaway and often find it hard to know what you mean literally and what you are saying by way of 'having a conversation'.

I may as well take this opportunity however to pick you up on the rest of your post/posts.

You give me the impression of someone who always tries to find reasons for things happening.In football at least.Nothing wrong with that of course.After all this is a forum.

Sometimes there are of course reasons but often things are merely coincidence.

I believe that many people overreact to events in football.

But forums are for posting opinions on.

But they are just opinions.Rarely facts.

Coincidence plays a bigger part in football than most people seem to realise.(And probably in life no doubt)

Ha.Thats just my opinion of course.

In fact journalists are often the biggest culprits .Well journalists and pundits of course.

I daresay there might be a reply to this. I may not read it because I really don't have anything else to add.

I totally understand if there are posters on here who think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Who knows,you may well be right.

Cheers :smile:

If I'm honest I've been thinking the exact same as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
If I'm honest I've been thinking the exact same as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Explain...
Reply 133
Original post by Mackay
Explain...

Pretty much what he said. I think you look into somethings too much when it could just be coincidence. The Ozil Cazorla thing struck me as this really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Pretty much what he said. I think you look into somethings too much when it could just be coincidence. The Ozil Cazorla thing struck me as this really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right. Read my post again. We are literally discussing 22 men kicking a ball around on an internet forum at 1am. Don't you think we're all guilty of reading too much into things.

Arsene, just Arsene.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
This is Leicester's year

Yep. It would just be classic arsenal if they finally got past the manchester clubs and chelsea only to lose the title to leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Delete.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Delete.

Our defence is spent. Too many subpar performances for a league title. Should the board throw money at the problem and end up like man city I wonder?

And on motd none of the players owned up and admitted to their mistakes. Perhaps it's because they keep making them.
(edited 8 years ago)
One game doesn't change things especially when you actually lost no ground to the league leaders. Ffs the overreactions

Quick Reply

Latest