The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Santi has been better then current Ramsey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Also flamini was good positioning wise and kept Silva quiet. We don't really need his passing to be great , that's not his job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah would like to put my hands up on that one and say I think I've been to harsh on him. Think I've let 2 or three poor passes from him yesterday make me believe he was poor when in reality he was excellent positionally and kept Silva quiet all game, which is good main job so what I should be rating in wrong. I'm man enough to admit I'm wrong on that one :smile:

Original post by atom y humber
You don't half **** love making stuff up. When was he dropped for Gibbs? After an international break when he was miles away.

Guy's doing really well. The fact that ox isn't even getting a look in says it all. He's third choice winger and will most likely cement it by end of season.

I should be embarrassed for you.

He didn't play the west brom game street international break so fair enough. Didn't realise it was after that as everyone on here was also saying he'd been dropped. Apologies.

He's played really well in some games, I've never denied that, in fact I've been pretty focal about that fact on here in the past. What I'm saying is that yesterday he wasn't at his best, he got the basics wrong a lot and seemed to spent a lot of time on the floor after getting knocked off the ball. That being said, the fact he's making those mistakes (or for example the miss) means he's getting in the right areas and his link up with Ramsey was really good at times. Missing those chances may look bad, but the ghosted run into the box was great so you hope you can keep it up and eventually once he gets a run of games he'll finish those chances off. I just feel the delayed passes really slowed down our play (ironically something a lot of users on here understandably hate about ox but haven't noticed in Campbell's play), and he often seemed a yard off the pace while trying to think of what to do.

Guys got potential, but you can't deny last night wasn't even nearly his best game in an arsenal shirt.
Joel Campbell is an average player. That guy is not even as good as Gervinho or Carlos Vela who half of these guys praising him were criticising those players.
Reply 1743
Original post by leinad2012
x.

No one is rating him for his ball play last night. Yes he fell to the ground a lot but that's because City played quite a physical game and like you've mentioned, he wasn't the only one to fall often. Anyways you can't really expect him to have his best game vs one of the best sides in the league atm (ironic because they're actually **** but still above the majority), but he still put up a big game performance and that's as much as you can ask from an average player.

Anyways had Sanchez been on last night we'd of easily scored another 2 goals. Shame really.

Original post by leinad2012
I guess it's selective memory; you hate Ramsey and Ox so only remember their flawed moments, you like Campbell so remember his good moments or put a positive spin on his bad ones. For example, you response to Campbell's miss from 6 yards was "unlucky Campbell" if it was ox it would have been "**** sake Ox such a **** player can't score from 6 ****ing yards guy is trash joke of a player who isn't good enough for this club". I am also equally guilty of this and remember ramseys good points perhaps rather than the ****e like the mix up with bellerin.

Ramsey had poor moments no doubt about that, but had a lot of good moments too where he linked up the play and made good runs. Again like i said with Campbell, Ramsey also gets into the right areas which is promising.

Campbell was strongish defensively tonight, but didn't track Sagna enough for my liking. Better than most of our wingers would have done though so good on him, it is definitely a strong part of his game, (but like with Welbeck I feel we only say that because Campbell has questionable offensive qualities). He just looked too clumsy/nervous on the ball for my liking and his first touch really let him down tonight. I'll assume it was nerves, hopefully he'll perform a bit better on boxing day and hopefully Ramsey will too.

Out of interest can you name 1 thing Flam did right tonight? I mean, his positioning was good but every other area of his game was lacking, especially passing on the edge of our box.

Also we should give props to mert, thought he was very very good tonight

If we're thinking of the same chance Campbell had, then as far as I remember he was 6 yards away from the net, but edged off of the ball and couldn't take a shot in the end. I don't think he flopped it, was just unlucky to be caught up by the City defenders. Pace isn't his game, so he did well to get there in the first place. This applies to Ramsey too I'll admit, but Ramsey had more than one chance last night, one where he literally tapped it to the goal keeper, another where his shot was so wide I wasn't sure if it was a really bad shot, or really bad cross. I've slated Joel for not being able to finish in the past, but his goal/assist contribution recently has been improving. Ramsey has been hot and cold throughout of last season and somewhat this season too. It just frustrates me because of how over rated he is by our fan base after that one breakout season. I don't want Ramsey out of the squad like I do with Ox, but at the least I think he needs to be dropped for 2nd place behind Cazorla at CM. Might acually stop him being so goal sighted and teach him some discipline with the ball.

Mert was good yes but it doesn't really surprise me. People expect him to struggle in the big games but he performs in almost all of them. Some fans are just still tainted by his poor stint after the last world cup really.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1744
Also yeah we concede as soon as Ox comes on ffs

People are starting to see the truth
Original post by AR_95

Ox is overrated as hell, don't think he's any better than Memphis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

You can't really blame that goal on Ox, the issues was Ramsey not following Toure and giving him space between the lines.
Reply 1747
Original post by jam277
You can't really blame that goal on Ox, the issues was Ramsey not following Toure and giving him space between the lines.

I don't blame him for the goal, I just said that we'd concede when he was subbed on and we did
Original post by AR_95
I don't blame him for the goal, I just said that we'd concede when he was subbed on and we did

Original post by Use Err Name
Bloody hell how many chances did Giroud have?

Lol i love that movie one of the funniest movies i have ever watched ( four lions).
Reply 1750
:lol:
I feel that that since cech came, we've decided to stop closing down allow more long range shots. Don't know if it's true but it just seems to me we do more and more backing off and less closing down.

Original post by sr90
Ox is overrated as hell, don't think he's any better than Memphis

Posted from TSR Mobile

This says more about Memphis than ox for me.
Dropping ramsey would be the most silliest thing ever.
Ozil should open a hotline where he assists you in your life goals
Saw the game last night - and, yes, Ozil was exceptional. But Ramsey was my man of the match.

He played a very different role to what I'm usually seeing from him. He seemed to play deeper, be more willing to tackle and get stuck in, and offered a solidity which was just really refreshing in the middle of the park.

You're going to win the league. You need to start believing.
Original post by AR_95
No one is rating him for his ball play last night. Yes he fell to the ground a lot but that's because City played quite a physical game and like you've mentioned, he wasn't the only one to fall often. Anyways you can't really expect him to have his best game vs one of the best sides in the league atm (ironic because they're actually **** but still above the majority), but he still put up a big game performance and that's as much as you can ask from an average player.

Anyways had Sanchez been on last night we'd of easily scored another 2 goals. Shame really.

If we're thinking of the same chance Campbell had, then as far as I remember he was 6 yards away from the net, but edged off of the ball and couldn't take a shot in the end. I don't think he flopped it, was just unlucky to be caught up by the City defenders. Pace isn't his game, so he did well to get there in the first place. This applies to Ramsey too I'll admit, but Ramsey had more than one chance last night, one where he literally tapped it to the goal keeper, another where his shot was so wide I wasn't sure if it was a really bad shot, or really bad cross. I've slated Joel for not being able to finish in the past, but his goal/assist contribution recently has been improving. Ramsey has been hot and cold throughout of last season and somewhat this season too. It just frustrates me because of how over rated he is by our fan base after that one breakout season. I don't want Ramsey out of the squad like I do with Ox, but at the least I think he needs to be dropped for 2nd place behind Cazorla at CM. Might acually stop him being so goal sighted and teach him some discipline with the ball.

Mert was good yes but it doesn't really surprise me. People expect him to struggle in the big games but he performs in almost all of them. Some fans are just still tainted by his poor stint after the last world cup really.

That's not the one in taking about, that was a tough chance. I'm talking about the low cross from the left where Campbell made a great run to the front post then seemed to try to chip hart and blazed it over the bar from 6 yards.
Ozil took that game.

Ramsey was aight.
Original post by Mackay

You're going to win the league. You need to start believing.

Don't say that. It's not even 2016 yet
Original post by iamthetruth
Don't say that. It's not even 2016 yet

Just what I think.

You look around the league - and nobody is better placed than you. Leicester have a tough run, and will surely run out of steam. They've played 8 players in every single game, which hints at their lack of depth and small squad. City are fallible and seem to be carrying too many anonymous passengers, United are growing increasingly tiresome and disgruntled under LVG, and Liverpool are in transition once again.

Tottenham don't have the squad, though I think they have a great chance of getting top four, and Chelsea are irrelevant.

This is the time.
We can't really cope with any more injuries atm. We can't even rotate our first team without a significant drop in quality. Hopefully we can keep up the pace till some of the crocks come back.

Latest