The Student Room Group

LAW - EPG topic suggestions?

I'm really interested in studying Law at uni. Although i'm currently in year 12, I wanted to get thinking about potential topic ideas relating to the rather broad subject area of Law.

I guess i'm just unsure of what kind of topics to write about/ research. Anything and everything, be it idea suggestions or tips would be truly helpful!

Just in general too I'd love to know what topics interest others, would like to get reading into some of them :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

I haven't studied Law before btw. I currently study Maths, Spanish and English Lit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Hello, I'm looking to study law in uni as well and I'm also in year 12. Below are some things that would be good to research in terms of getting different, unbiased point of views. This will also help you shape your arguments and conclude them as well as being critical.

* Is cloning a useful form of research?
*Should young people have more control about how they're educated?
* Is Immigration a problem?
* Should Euthanasia be seen as a crime?
* Should the Police carry guns?
* Have the government the rights to tell us what we should eat
* Why do people not use re-usable bags and does it make a difference?
*How and should dictators be punished?

Hope this helps x
Reply 3
Original post by Denisia18
Hello, I'm looking to study law in uni as well and I'm also in year 12. Below are some things that would be good to research in terms of getting different, unbiased point of views. This will also help you shape your arguments and conclude them as well as being critical.

* Is cloning a useful form of research?
*Should young people have more control about how they're educated?
* Is Immigration a problem?
* Should Euthanasia be seen as a crime?
* Should the Police carry guns?
* Have the government the rights to tell us what we should eat
* Why do people not use re-usable bags and does it make a difference?
*How and should dictators be punished?

Hope this helps x

Thanks so much for your suggestions and advice! These are all interesting research points. I take it you want to do the EPQ too? If so, have you started it? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lluvia
Thanks so much for your suggestions and advice! These are all interesting research points. I take it you want to do the EPQ too? If so, have you started it? :smile:

No problem. I'm unaware of what that is but next year I'll be passing my AS level exams. Do you have any advice for English language and lit. I'm struggling a lot with it, in terms of analysing and commentating on an article
Reply 5
Original post by JohnGreek
If you're into Jurisprudence-related things:

Positivism/Naturalism

Formalism

American and Scandinavian Legal Realism (they're not the same :smile: )

Human Rights (google Gearty)

Mill's Harm Principle is a must

Devlin's Legal Moralism + Hart vs. Devlin

anything that Ronald Dworkin writes :biggrin:

Hope that this helped somewhat as a springboard :wink:

Thanks so much! Appreciate it :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Denisia18
No problem. I'm unaware of what that is but next year I'll be passing my AS level exams. Do you have any advice for English language and lit. I'm struggling a lot with it, in terms of analysing and commentating on an article

You should, you have some great ideas- the EPQ is equivalent to an AS level and it is a research based essay :smile: (or an event you hold/product you create) I want to go into Law so wanted to write it on something Law related, so needed some inspo!

Quick Reply

Latest