The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16

Scroll to see replies

I heard maths questions come up on MMI interviews.
Does anyone know what type of questions please, like an example?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, did anyone attended any course here? ISC or Ace or any other course? If yes, how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 562
Original post by Bloom77
I heard maths questions come up on MMI interviews.
Does anyone know what type of questions please, like an example?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

9 + 10 =
Original post by Ekno
9 + 10 =

21? 😂
Really? Those type of questions come up?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
21? 😂
Really? Those type of questions come up?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, Ekno has got the wrong idea. It's more advanced calculus and integration using trigonometric operations, you know the easy stuff 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RDB1826
No, Ekno has got the wrong idea. It's more advanced calculus and integration using trigonometric operations, you know the easy stuff 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like trigonometry and calculus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
I like trigonometry and calculus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be really surprised if they actually gave that lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've heard they give you simple sums like 12 X 12 and then ask you how you did it, and how you could do it another way...
Reply 568
Original post by Jatyization
Has anybody got any predictions as to what the Bristol medical school MMI interview stations will be based around?

It's so confusing to practice for something we know very little about. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

From past threads i'm guessing that they'll ask us stuff about our work experience and maybe PS in some stations? There will probs be acting ones as well
What are some major issues that have occurred at the NHS previously that we should know about?
Such as the Francis report?

(Just don't wanna miss anything :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
Original post by Bloom77
What are some major issues that have occurred at the NHS previously that we should know about?
Such as the Francis report?

(Just don't wanna miss anything :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Francis report is a good one. Health and social care act 2012, shape of training review, junior dr contracts, 7 day nhs, postcode lottery etc etc.
Original post by liam__
Francis report is a good one. Health and social care act 2012, shape of training review, junior dr contracts, 7 day nhs, postcode lottery etc etc.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hello! See this thread here for advice on Leicester interviews! We answered someone else who had the same question :smile: .

On the Birmingham Medicine website, if you scroll down to the section named 'The Interview' you'll find a link to this page (it's actually a PDF which you can download or view in your browser). It really goes in-depth, and into great detail about the different kinds of stations, and what you'll be assessed on - so definitely have a thorough read of the whole document, and try and prepare for all the types of stations mentioned by doing lots of practice!

Why not use our free interview question bank here, which has worked questions and answers.

We hope this helps,

The Medic Portal

Hello,

Do you have any information/advice for MMI at UEA ?
Reply 573
Hey, does anyone know much about the Manchester or Bristol MMI structure and how best to prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zobinho
Hey, does anyone know much about the Manchester or Bristol MMI structure and how best to prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bristol has 10, 5 minutes per station and 1 minute to read the question/scenario. There'll be 40 applicants, 2 groups of 20, 2 rotations of the 10 MMIs occurring at one time.

Bristol focuses a lot on your extra curricular and there will almost certainly be one specifically on work experience due to the fact you have to fill in the form for the MMIs. Just make sure you have an answer to Why Bristol/why this course. Knowledge of current developments in Medicine and understand how to approach an unknown question on ethics. Keep up to date on what's in the news. Obviously, that's just general prep really but it works for Bristol.

Also your overall impression is important, so don't panic and stay confident. The interviewer has zero knowledge of your personal statement. If you have an interview you have what they want, now you have to show the interviewer. Yah, that's my advice. Good luck!

EDIT: Reflection! Reflection is key, Bristol love it. It's all well and good that you've done it but what have you learnt/what skills have you developed/why is it important etc etc
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 575
Original post by Aliviarara
Bristol has 10, 5 minutes per station and 1 minute to read the question/scenario. There'll be 40 applicants, 2 groups of 20, 2 rotations of the 10 MMIs occurring at one time.

Bristol focuses a lot on your extra curricular and there will almost certainly be one specifically on work experience due to the fact you have to fill in the form for the MMIs. Just make sure you have an answer to Why Bristol/why this course. Knowledge of current developments in Medicine and understand how to approach an unknown question on ethics. Keep up to date on what's in the news. Obviously, that's just general prep really but it works for Bristol.

Also your overall impression is important, so don't panic and stay confident. The interviewer has zero knowledge of your personal statement. If you have an interview you have what they want, now you have to show the interviewer. Yah, that's my advice. Good luck!

EDIT: Reflection! Reflection is key, Bristol love it. It's all well and good that you've done it but what have you learnt/what skills have you developed/why is it important etc etc

Thanks so much 😄, will keep all that in mind for sure! Did you have an interview there too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zobinho
Thanks so much 😄, will keep all that in mind for sure! Did you have an interview there too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I had one earlier this month. Some of the medicine/career based questions were topics you should know if you have a genuine interest so all in all it was okay. That advice is basically a brief overview on what I started with and I found the interview was not unexpected. When's your interview? :smile:
Reply 577

Thanks for the advice!! :wink:
Reply 578
Original post by Tanishqa
Hey, did anyone attended any course here? ISC or Ace or any other course? If yes, how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went on the interview crash course by 6med. Biggest waste of time and money in my life.
Reply 579
Yeah, I had one earlier this month. Some of the medicine/career based questions were topics you should know if you have a genuine interest so all in all it was okay. That advice is basically a brief overview on what I started with and I found the interview was not unexpected. When's your interview? :smile:

Oh sweet, hope it went well!! Thanks a lot. Mine is towards the end of jan, quite nervous !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending