The Student Room Group

How do you tell people you went to Oxford Brookes?

Jim: 'What University did you go to?'
Me: 'Oxford'...
*interrupts*
Jim: Oh wow
*looks impressed*
Me: 'Brookes'
Jim: Oh
*dies inside*

How do u live with this

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whorace
*interrupts*
*looks impressed*
*dies inside*

How do u live with this

You don't. You don't tell people. You can't tell people. You just don't.
(edited 8 years ago)
the struggle 🙄
Reply 3
Original post by JohnGreek
"I attended Brookes College, Oxford."

Came to the thread to post this. :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by whorace
*interrupts*
*looks impressed*
*dies inside*

How do u live with this

You think too much dude, why even in such a country like UK people still concern so much about this, or just you? It's just an university, I agree that a higher rank or top uni are good, but it doesn't say all about yourself.

With your situation if there's anyone ask, then answer quickly Oxford Brookes, no interruption, no stop, they will get it. And anyone use that as sth against you or laugh, mock, joke...don't give a **** about it. People look at your future, when you are out of 30 years old, not an uni.
Reply 6
Who cares what people think? As long as you achieved what you wanted by the end of it then that's all that matters and those that look down on you for it shouldn't matter to you. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Anon_98
Who cares what people think? As long as you achieved what you wanted by the end of it then that's all that matters and those that look down on you for it shouldn't matter to you. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone trying to get economic or social capital?
Reply 8
Original post by whorace
Anyone trying to get economic or social capital?

I've no idea what those words mean, I'm still a child. Pls have mercy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is even worse when you have to tell them where your uni is because they have never heard of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd probably just tell people I never went to uni.
It doesn't matter what uni you went to, honestly you should be proud for even getting into uni~

Posted from TSR Mobile
'I go to Oxford University, I am better than you'
Original post by JohnGreek
As if that's difficult these days

I think that's rather condescending. It IS difficult to get into uni, pursing further education is something to be proud of, I think.
Original post by indigobluesss
I think that's rather condescending. It IS difficult to get into uni, pursing further education is something to be proud of, I think.

It really isn't.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/9545232/Students-win-degree-places-with-as-little-as-two-E-grades-at-A-level.html
Lol that sounds awks as hell.

Look, just because certain unis have lowered their entry requirements it doesn't undermine the achievement of the students, I feel. Regardless, not everyone can get an E grade in A-levels, so it's still an achievement.

People get into uni with BTECs, it is easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look, just because certain unis have lowered their entry requirements it doesn't undermine the achievement of the students, I feel. Regardless, not everyone can get an E grade in A-levels, so it's still an achievement.

Yes of course it does. If everyone has a degree then the merit of having one at all is diminished.

Not everyone is a winner ffs.
Original post by DiddyDec
People get into uni with BTECs, it is easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because you find something easy doesn't mean it's that case for everyone else.

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Yes of course it does. If everyone has a degree then the merit of having one at all is diminished.

Not everyone is a winner ffs.

Of course not everyone can be a winner. I still stand by my previous statement >_>

Quick Reply

Latest