The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Barnsworth
Oh, were these conditional or unconditional offers? What grades do you need to get? Where do you think you'll go? And uhm, since Bristol & Nottingham gave you offers you must of done ok, or you're predicted good grades?

I need 3 A's for all of them except Nottingham which is A*AA, I'm currently stuck between Bristol and Nottigham. I'm predicted A*A*A, where have you heard from so far?
Reply 841
Original post by Lozzerpurple98
I sat my LNAT on 8th October but I felt it went horrendously, I first heard from Warwick three weeks later, then rejected from Oxford in mid November. Nottigham and Bristol came 2 weeks ago on the same day and York I received on Friday after having an interview on the 8th December

Do you mind me asking what offer Bristol gave you?

Well done! that's all so great!
Original post by dodo15
Do you mind me asking what offer Bristol gave you?

Well done! that's all so great!

Considering I flopped one of my AS subjects I'm happy, Bristol gave me AAA or A*AB, have you applied there?
Original post by Faith_Eloise
How did you get on with York?

Went to the interview, got the offer. Super excited. :biggrin:
Original post by saule1116
Went to the interview, got the offer. Super excited. :biggrin:

Me too! What's your first choice?
Original post by Faith_Eloise
Me too! What's your first choice?

Durham (if they accept me), or York. How about you?
Reply 846
Come to York guys with me :biggrin:!! Im going to firm them and they look super duper awesome!!
Reply 847
can anyone suggest material to study for LNAT. my exam is next week. I have only two practice tests which are from the website. and I'm reading two out of the four books prescribed. feel free to suggest stuff to read. Thanks. Also, I'm new to TSR so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place which I feel it is.
Original post by aayushk
can anyone suggest material to study for LNAT. my exam is next week. I have only two practice tests which are from the website. and I'm reading two out of the four books prescribed. feel free to suggest stuff to read. Thanks. Also, I'm new to TSR so please excuse me if this post is in the wrong place which I feel it is.

Hi! Did the LNAT on the 18th so I feel like it's fresh in my mind on how to approach it! Sit yourself in a quiet room, no distractions and just read articles from guardian, times and BBC. For each article just outline the main arguement/viewpoint. Also, read the economist, financial times, national geographic since most extracts are pulled out of these kinds of magazines. Furthermore, just remain calm. I actually looked up some LSAT papers. These had smaller shorter extracts and I went though about 80 - they were great fun!! Stay calm and read carefully and you WILL be fine!
Original post by Lozzerpurple98
Don't know how but I've got all my offers already, rejected by Oxford but have offers from Bristol, Nottigham, Warwick and York

Congrats! if you dont mind me asking, what were your AS grades and A2 predicted grades ?
I've applied to KCL,UCL,Durham,Glasgow and Nottingham,haven't heard from any of them yet.
Guess they'll start sending in offers after the Christmas break :biggrin:
Reply 851
Original post by cosmicsparrow
Hi! Did the LNAT on the 18th so I feel like it's fresh in my mind on how to approach it! Sit yourself in a quiet room, no distractions and just read articles from guardian, times and BBC. For each article just outline the main arguement/viewpoint. Also, read the economist, financial times, national geographic since most extracts are pulled out of these kinds of magazines. Furthermore, just remain calm. I actually looked up some LSAT papers. These had smaller shorter extracts and I went though about 80 - they were great fun!! Stay calm and read carefully and you WILL be fine!

All right. Thank you. How helpful are the practice exercises? In case you have a few, would you please share it with me? I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
Oh, and Merry Christmas to All! :smile:
Original post by aayushk
All right. Thank you. How helpful are the practice exercises? In case you have a few, would you please share it with me? I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
Oh, and Merry Christmas to All! :smile:

:smile: - the practise isn't helpful in the sense that the more you do, the better you will become. For me, they just gave me a basis of how I'll do and if I could do the exam in the time given. 2 will be enough - in fact I barely completed one! Just type in LSAT prepaper onto Google and one will come up - just do section 2 and 3 in that for further practise. :smile:

Merry Christmas to everyone on the student room - hope we get late Christmas presents in the form of offers from our dream Unis! :smile:
:smile: - the practise isn't helpful in the sense that the more you do, the better you will become. For me, they just gave me a basis of how I'll do and if I could do the exam in the time given. 2 will be enough - in fact I barely completed one! Just type in LSAT prepaper onto Google and one will come up - just do section 2 and 3 in that for further practise. :smile:

Merry Christmas to everyone on the student room - hope we get late Christmas presents in the form of offers from our dream Unis! :smile:

Yes, Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy St Stephen's Day, tomorrow.x
Reply 854

Right! thanks a lot :smile: Hope you get your choice of Uni! :smile:
Original post by Kitta
Come to York guys with me :biggrin:!! Im going to firm them and they look super duper awesome!!

Haha, I got an offer from York as well and I'm planning to make it as my firm or insurance choice. :biggrin:
Original post by dodo15
How's everyone doing now?

I've got offers from Leeds, Exeter and Birmingham but rejected by UCL.

Just waiting on Bristol, have many of you heard back from them? Thanks!

Got conditionals from Leeds, Exeter, Newcastle, Warwick and Liverpool. What are you going to firm?
Original post by 0123456543210
Got conditionals from Leeds, Exeter, Newcastle, Warwick and Liverpool. What are you going to firm?

What offer dideveryone get from Exeter? I got A*AB?
Anyone else got an unconditional offer from Leicester aswell?
Original post by icecream!
What offer dideveryone get from Exeter? I got A*AB?
Anyone else got an unconditional offer from Leicester aswell?

I have got AAA so did all of my friends who applied there, but it seems like some people were lucky enough to get AAB offers.
Original post by aayushk

Whoops, been a couple of months now, but I personally really liked 'Practise & Pass - LNAT' and 'Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law'. Both were quite good, I think :smile: Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending