The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Does anybody know how many interviews are giving out ?
Original post by DBoyH2O

I am not sure, but i've heard around 200.
But again i am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SaphBruh
But again i am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was 100/150
Because they'll be giving 40 offers away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DBoyH2O

But again i am not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Bloom77
I think it was 100/150
Because they'll be giving 40 offers away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

120 interviews. :yes:
Reply 544
Original post by Neostigmine

Is that more than last year?
Original post by drjay24

Yes
when will they start giving out interviews sorry if you've already answered that question but id like to know again thanks
Original post by drjay24

No.

Original post by lisboonpop
Yes

No. 119 last year.

Original post by mygroup
when will they start giving out interviews sorry if you've already answered that question but id like to know again thanks

Read my big post ( I think it's on the last page). You will hear in Jan-Mar time.
Original post by lisboonpop
have rejections been handed out at all does anyone know?
cheers

Not yet. They won't do this until after interviews.
Reply 549

How do you know there are 120 interviews?
Original post by drjay24
How do you know there are 120 interviews?

I work at the interview dates. And the open days. And with the outreach team. And with the head of BM6.

There were 120 last year (119 to be exact), and the year before, and before that....
I work at the interview dates. And the open days. And with the outreach team. And with the head of BM6.

There were 120 last year (119 to be exact), and the year before, and before that....

Do you maybe know if more students applied this year to bm6 compared to last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Do you live in student accommodation (if so what is it like in terms of prices, and options)? And what is the typical timetable for a week like? :smile:
Original post by doctor96
Do you live in student accommodation (if so what is it like in terms of prices, and options)? And what is the typical timetable for a week like? :smile:

Hiya :smile: I'm a current BM6 student living in student accommodation

The main halls are Glen Eyre, Wessex Lane, Archers Road, Liberty Point and Mayflower halls.

Glen is like a 10-15 walk to where the lectures are and the others require a bus really. But, only a few people live in Glen and everyone else seems to do fine. Pricing is quite good from 4100-5000+ for Mayflower. You get what you pay for and when the time comes you can pick the cheaper/ more flashy accommodation

Typical week: Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday are full days of lectures and tutorials.

Monday and Wednesdays each fortnight are usually placements unless its exam period (all of Jan and May).

Fridays usually off which is cool. 4 day weekends rock.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any more questions.
Original post by Mel1312
Hiya :smile: I'm a current BM6 student living in student accommodation

The main halls are Glen Eyre, Wessex Lane, Archers Road, Liberty Point and Mayflower halls.

Glen is like a 10-15 walk to where the lectures are and the others require a bus really. But, only a few people live in Glen and everyone else seems to do fine. Pricing is quite good from 4100-5000+ for Mayflower. You get what you pay for and when the time comes you can pick the cheaper/ more flashy accommodation

Typical week: Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursday are full days of lectures and tutorials.

Monday and Wednesdays each fortnight are usually placements unless its exam period (all of Jan and May).

Fridays usually off which is cool. 4 day weekends rock.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any more questions.

Thanks for this ^^

Is it a good idea to work part time? Will it greatly impact you studies in year 0?
Do you maybe know if more students applied this year to bm6 compared to last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They wont release this data until the end of the year but we've had no reason to expect it to rise

Original post by melanin101
Thanks for this ^^

Is it a good idea to work part time? Will it greatly impact you studies in year 0?

Lots of people do, lots don't. As long as you make sure you study when you need to you'll be fine with a job.

Original post by doctor96
Thank you for your reply :smile:

Are all the lectures at Highfield campus? I will probably choose accommodation that is closest to lectures or the library

If I get in, I will definitely go for en-suite because I am quite the clean freak lol

Almost all BM6 lectures are at Highfield yes.

Accom doesn't always work like that so don't get too hopeful about your room or site. Everyone chooses en suite and there simply are not enough. Everyone wants Glen - closest to Highfield, but not everyone can stay there (There are 24000 Southampton students!!). It's only for 1 year and it's not even a full year with xmas, easter and summers off. Just see it as a place to sleep and if you get an en suite at Glen - bonus.
Original post by melanin101
Thanks for this ^^

No worries :smile: I work as a Student Ambassador for the university so its technically temp work and I am fine. I like it because if I have a summative assignment I don't book work and if I am on top of my lectures then I can book work on Mondays and Fridays too. I have friends who are part time healthcare assistants, baristas, bouncers and they do fine too. Some do no work and will be more behind then those working. It's all about time management and how much work you want to do :smile:
Original post by Mel1312
No worries :smile: I work as a Student Ambassador for the university so its technically temp work and I am fine. I like it because if I have a summative assignment I don't book work and if I am on top of my lectures then I can book work on Mondays and Fridays too. I have friends who are part time healthcare assistants, baristas, bouncers and they do fine too. Some do no work and will be more behind then those working. It's all about time management and how much work you want to do :smile:

Lots of people do, lots don't. As long as you make sure you study when you need to you'll be fine with a job.

thanks! :smile:
Has anyone received an email saying whether their eligible or not yet? I thought they said they'd do this in December sometime
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Has anyone received an email saying whether their eligible or not yet? I thought they said they'd do this in December sometime

Wait till after New Years.
It's the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending