The Student Room Group

How do you tell people you went to Oxford Brookes?

Scroll to see replies

Slightly off topic but I knew someone who spent the year telling everyone she was applying to Oxford etc.

Later found out she meant Brookes.

Later found out she didn't get in there either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
just say that you went to Oxford University lool. If they ask what you did and you happened to do an art and design course well, then you're screwed. Good luck!
Original post by indigobluesss
Just because you find something easy doesn't mean it's that case for everyone else.

If you find a BTEC hard then there is no hope.
Original post by DiddyDec
If you find a BTEC hard then there is no hope.

No hope for what? I never said I find them hard, I've never taken one so I wouldn't know. But there are people who take them and there are people that struggle and persevere through them, and I think it's simply wrong to undermine their achievement.
The old classic "I went to university in Oxford". Helps if you move to America
No hope for what? I never said I find them hard, I've never taken one so I wouldn't know. But there are people who take them and there are people that struggle and persevere through them, and I think it's simply wrong to undermine their achievement.

No hope at life. You was a plural you, not a personal you.
No hope at life. You was a plural you, not a personal you.

Splendid. Let's sit at our high horses and collectively judge everyone who has chosen to take a BTEC as having no hope in life. Because only successful people take A-levels.

It's a shame Edison and Einstein didn't have A-levels, bloody failures, aren't they? *facepalm*
all yoonies are of equal value :yep:
Splendid. Let's sit at our high horses and collectively judge everyone who has chosen to take a BTEC as having no hope in life. Because only successful people take A-levels.

It's a shame Edison and Einstein didn't have A-levels, bloody failures, aren't they? *facepalm*

Your comprehension is poor. I said those who struggle with a BTEC has no hope at life.

Try harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the bear
all yoonies are of equal value :yep:

Sit down, comrade.
Your comprehension is poor. I said those who struggle with a BTEC has no hope at life.

Try harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is exactly my point, just because someone struggled at BTEC (or any form of education for that matter), it doesn't mean they're a subspecies to us (nor does it mean they have no hope at life).
Someone I know who went to Oxford Brookes put down 'University of Oxford' on their CV.
Is that legal? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which is exactly my point, just because someone struggled at BTEC (or any form of education for that matter), it doesn't mean they're a subspecies to us (nor does it mean they have no hope at life).

Who ever said they were subspecies?

Us? I'm nothing like you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just emphasises the Brooke's part of it:
Say "I went to Oxford BROOKES" putting emphasis on the Brooke's and saying the Oxford part quite quickly.
Who ever said they were subspecies?

Us? I'm nothing like you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah- I doubt a fellow human would have so little compassion and understanding.
Yeah- I doubt a fellow human would have so little compassion and understanding.

Everyone knows that BTECs are easy. Just anyone who has done one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This guy I know always says in real life and on social media platforms that he attends "Oxford school of architecture".

**** sake mate, you went to Oxford Brookes!! It's so infuriating. It's bad enough when someone says they go to Bristol when in fact they go to UWE.
Reply 37
my physics teachers use to say, I went to Oxford *coughes* Brookes *coughes*
"It has Oxford in the name! That's all that matters! Right?! Right guys?!!"
Say it like James Bond:
Brookes, Oxford Brookes.

Quick Reply

Latest