The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

At this rate, LVG will be sacked just as he's about to begin his press conference at half three tomorrow.
laughing out loud, this is just funny af :lol:
Twitter rumours are the worst lol

Normally the first indication of any sacking will be journalists reporting it, Mark Ogden is one who seems to have good sources and even broke news of SAF's retirement before anyone else and I think he writes for the Independent, next step is usually a breaking news on SSN and then it'l be on the official site. Not random "agents" on twitter :tongue:

Saying that, when we sacked Moyes there was a lot of issues about how Moyes learnt from the press before learning from Woody so maybe we're ensuring there are no leaks and we let LVG know before anyone else.

I am actually looking forward to the game, Stoke away is a hard game esp now that they have Shaqiri and Bojan, I remember when Shaqiri ripped us apart in the UCL :colonhash: I think we'l turn it around and win convincingly :smile: Not sure about the Chelsea game though.
Come on LADS (and women) it's gonna be 3 points @ Stoke!!!!!! :biggrin:

Have faith in the team!!!! Positivity from here onwards....

We have got to catch up to the likes of Arsenal, City and Leicester and have to get our revenge for that 3-0 loss we endured at the emirates :sad:
[video="youtube;FAB0yewmDFg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAB0yewmDFg[/video]

Edit: SAF on DDG when we first signed him: "We see the talent in that young boy, we've just got to trust that talent....In 3 few years we will see all that talent"

lol swear SAF was a prophet :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SirAlexFerguson

Saying that, when we sacked Moyes there was a lot of issues about how Moyes learnt from the press before learning from Woody so maybe we're ensuring there are no leaks and we let LVG know before anyone else.

Yes, no matter how much LVG's philosophy is disliked, he deserves to know first before the press like Moyes did. Wasn't the right way to conduct business and I think they've got that on their mind. If you look at Mourinho's sacking, sure there were rumours well before it happened but when it did, there was a half hour gap between the sacking, SSN 'sources', and the official confirmation from the club. Moyes, IIRC, lost on Sunday vs Everton and by the evening, briefings were that he was getting sacked the next day.
Original post by trapking
[video="youtube;FAB0yewmDFg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAB0yewmDFg[/video]

Edit: SAF on DDG when we first signed him: "We see the talent in that young boy, we've just got to trust that talent....In 3 few years we will see all that talent"

lol swear SAF was a prophet :lol:

He underestimated him. Actually took less than 2 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sack him already.

Boring af.
I dont know why i delude myself into thinking that everything might click against Stoke. Reports of an emergency meeting between Rooney and some of the senior players with van Gaal. But then again theres been so many reports of emergency meetings like between Fergie and Woodward and whatever.

Imagine we tear Stoke apart and maybe van Gaal decides to not be stubborn and fixes the way he sets out the team. However, i guess thats naive thinking. We've played awful football this season and finally the results are starting to reflect that. I hope we get a positive result against Stoke, would take a draw away there but a loss will make van Gaal's position untenable. Mourinho is a born winner but i just have a feeling he'll provide us with boring football as well which is something we moan about with regards to van Gaal. Mourinho would bring trophies but we'd still probably play **** football.

Either way, the press conference today will be interesting. It'll be interesting to see the way he reacts to the questions about his future and after the loss against Norwich he looked like a drained dead man walking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh he shouldnt have set himself tge target of 3/3 wins because now everyone has taken it literally
Original post by Jimmy Seville
It's funny how Scholes has moaned about Van Gaal's 'philosophy' being boring and sideways yet that's what Guardiola's all about.

Biggest difference is movement off the ball which we really need tbh idk why we dont move

Oh yeah,is schnderlin ok since i was wondering why lvg didnt put fellaini at 10 and schnderlin at dm? Fellaini pressing too high
Manchester United's Ryan Giggs is to take over from LvG in the next coming days, possibly before Christmas, says Jan Age Fjortoft http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03csz7c

About time.
Reply 752
Original post by FedoraTheExplora
Manchester United's Ryan Giggs is to take over from LvG in the next coming days, possibly before Christmas, says Jan Age Fjortoft http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03csz7c

About time.

Cheers Jeff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Y'awrite
If Fjortoft says that then I believe him, very reliable. He called Klopp to Liverpool just before Rodgers got the chop
Bye bye Van Gaal?! :ahee:

why would they sack him after he's given a press conference today though? :lol:
Original post by sr90
If Fjortoft says that then I believe him, very reliable. He called Klopp to Liverpool just before Rodgers got the chop

He wouldn't have a clue on this front though. Klopp was based in Germany the same as him. As was Schweinsteiger.

Favourite is definitely Jose, virtually everyone else thinks so bar Jan. Don't think think a definite decision has been made. Wouldn't 100% rule out the club bottling it of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Does everyone think that this is giggs chance to show that he can lead the club?
Not too sure where Pep comes into this. I like to think he'll be coming to us but with all his links to the city directors. Not too sure where he'll end up.
Personally would think thats the ideal scenario, give giggs the job till the summer. Let pep come in, Giggs assistant manager again. Learn from another manager.
Not too sure how long he'll appreciate being the second man at the club, or if he wants to try his hand as a manager somewhere else.

Mourinho is a strange one. I'm only hesitant to sign him, cause it means we given up on Pep.
Or that pep already has agreed to take over at city. Which would be a shame. If that's the case, I still think Giggs should be given a 2/3 yr deal to see how things goes.
@hayles101
Dont you think hiring mourinho could be detrimental though? hes not known for persisting in youth plus his arrival almost gurantees mata's exit(would you be happy with this?) and who knows maybe he might not even trust martial to play uptop(just look at the lukaku situation - he didnt trust him even though he had two very good seasons on loan)....Do you think that if we get him the board will encourage him to promote youth and play attacking football?

to be honest if giggs takes over he really needs to step up and drop underperformers and if LVG continues i hope he takes on board all the critcism and gets us playing better...playing martial on the left and persisting with mata(sorry but someone has to say this,he's not been performing for quite sometime now and hes going missing in games- need to get him more involved or just drop hiim for certain games) and rooney(LVG needs to accept that playing him uptop isnt working) is hurting us going forward imo and the centre midfield is just brittle with fellaini at CDM(Idk whether LVG is instructing him to press up its leaving gaps in our midfield allowing players to slice carrick open)....
Original post by scrawlx101

to be honest if giggs takes over he really needs to step up and drop underperformers and if LVG continues i hope he takes on board all the critcism and gets us playing better...playing martial on the left and persisting with mata(sorry but someone has to say this,he's not been performing for quite sometime now and hes going missing in games- need to get him more involved or just drop hiim for certain games) and rooney(LVG needs to accept that playing him uptop isnt working) is hurting us going forward imo and the centre midfield is just brittle with fellaini at CDM(Idk whether LVG is instructing him to press up its leaving gaps in our midfield allowing players to slice carrick open)....

I would prefer Giggsy to take charge instead of Mourinho....I have a feeling Mourinho would just ruin our club. So pls Woodward don't you dare get Mourinho

And Giggsy would give preference to Herrera and actually play players in their positions, he's been helping Memphis and Herrera improve their games!

Latest