The Student Room Group

Is 8 hours a day of revision for GCSE too much?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
8 Hours a day? WTF? you're young, use this time to have fun! Play sports, go to the cinema, take up a Martial Art, mess about with the opposite sex, dance, read, do whatever makes u happy!
Original post by Jatz07
no one wants A's... it's all about A* mate, A is bloody sickening puke... A* is the key to success. Use that as your motivation and I'm sure you will get the grades you want

What do you mean use that as my motivation? I did my GCSEs years ago....
Reply 42
8 Hours is way too much for GCSE... doing 4 hours a day now and i'm doing AS Exams... I'd recommend about 2-4 hours a day depending on how you feel each day tbh, just don't try and procrastinate too much but good luck :biggrin:
Reply 43
iCharlie
Is 8 hours a day of revision for GCSE too much?

If you have to ask then the answer is yes.

Darren
Reply 44
I would definitely say that's too much, it might just stress you out and cause more harm than good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
I didnt do any revision for my gsces.. but if i did i reckon i could of gotten 11 a*s :P

to be honest if you come to do A levels and apply to university, you will only find that your GSCE are worth maybe 2 percent of what makes you a decidable candidate to oxbridge. Anywhere else is less likely to be fussed as long as you got Bs at least.

So don't burn yourself out on revision. 8 hours is overkill I struggle to do that for uni revision
Hmm...I personally feel that this is far too much at this early stage in your academic career. I didn't do GCSEs, rather I did Standard grades which are the Scottish equivalent and managed to achieve very good marks without hardcore revision. 2 hours, or even just 1 hour, of focused, active revision should stand you in good stead.
Reply 47
8 hours is too much. If you need 8 hours now you won't sleep when you're in uni!
Anything more than 1 to 2 hours a day for GCSE is WAY too much LOL
Reply 49
I think you knew what everyone would say.

I think you wanted to tell everyone you did 8 hours of revision.:cool:
What I do is I do maybe 30-45 mins, maybe even an hr revision, depending on how I feel and that time is one sitting. I then take a break for 15 mins and do another subject.
I think that helps because your mind can only concentrate for a certain amount of time so doing like 2hrs in one sitting just makes you unable to concentrate and then you lose your will to revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no I don't think so - I'm studying for GCSEs now and am expecting straight A*'s (possibly an A in English though) and I'm doing around 8 hours a day - as long as you can manage it without feeling overtired and stressed I think it's fine
There can never be too much time spend studying!!! Do what you feel is best. Your results will shine in the end!:bumps:
No that's way too much you are going to get tired out, especially if it's 8 hours straight. I would reccommend a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 4 hours. I wouldn't really do more than 3 hours unless it is end of year exams, otherwise topic tests only need just a few hours or a few minutes. Don't stress :smile:
8 hours a day for GCSEs is frankly absurd.
I was planning on doing max 3 hours a day from like march 😂😅
Go back to Mordor necromancers.
Reply 57
I got 11A*s and did like 12 hour days during study leave but barely anything up until like a month before
Original post by may_1
I got 11A*s and did like 12 hour days during study leave but barely anything up until like a month before

in hindsight, do you feel it was worth it? :P
Reply 59
Original post by stirkee
in hindsight, do you feel it was worth it? :P

Yeah it's really helping me with my meds school application having strong gcses, although relying on this cramming method means I've remembered barely anything I learnt at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending