The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NathanW18
They're stuck in the past and believe this club is better than everybody else. United fans need to realise that things have changed and this club is no better than anybody else. The average manager in the Premier League is in charge for two or so seasons.

I have never ridiculed a team for sacking a manager that is under performing. It would be hilarious for any United fan to comment on other clubs doing this when our club saw success for the vast majority of Sir Alex's reign. Can't comment when your club is not going through the same ****.

The only team I have ever commented on is Real Madrid. They sack a manager after losing to the best team in world football.

I couldnt agree with this more. We had an incredible manager in SAF who held the role for 26 years but times have changed. We laugh at other clubs when they change and sack thier managers but now we're the same. We're like any other top club out there and we're likely to go through managers now as well after a 3-4 year spell if they under achieve. The days of Fergie and Wenger are gone, football has changed and so has our club. If we didnt have Fergie, we'd have been no different than the rest of the clubs.

I cant see how anybody can defend van Gaal. I feel sad about the pressure he has come under but thats the type of pressure you'll feel at any top job in any industry if you arent performing well. Frankly, the only positive thing hes done is bring through youngsters into the first team although thats even arguably down to injuries. He got us into the champions league places last season but thats expected considering he spent like 150m last season. He spent another good 100m or so and this season we've played awful awful football. He cant keep saying its a process, you cannot spend 250m or so pounds and not challenge for the title. It cant take you 18 months to get a club playing the style you want ffs. He has mismanaged the team, comtinued to be so god damn stubborn and simply plays players out of position like he wants to show hes doing some next tactical masterplan.

Seriously if he showed the agression that he has shown in this press conference and made the players translate that on the pitch, then the players should be fired up for the Stoke match and respond. If they dont respond against Stoke, im not talking about losing but if performances from the team is still woeful then its fair to assume that he has lost the players and so therefore his position has become untenable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope LVG turns things around. Im still adamant that we should stick by him untill te end of the season at least.
LVG: "I wish you a merry Christmas and maybe also a happy new year when I see you."

He said, "maybe". Even he's not confident he'll last until the next year.

Probably looking too much into it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrDystopia
I mean you've contributed with the same 'you guys are the worst, you guys are horrible' too. Obviously this is gonna get discussed the most.

That's part of my current gimmick. I'm only trying to be as obnoxious as you guys with these posts, and it seems to be working.
LvG handled the presser perfectly btw.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
LvG handled the presser perfectly btw.

Storming out isn't something you'd do in a perfect press conference. It's childish. Unless the reporters insulted his mother or something, stay put and answer the questions. It doesn't do you any favours if you get in a strop and leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Storming out isn't something you'd do in a perfect press conference. It's childish. Unless the reporters insulted his mother or something, stay put and answer the questions. It doesn't do you any favours if you get in a strop and leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mother****er how would you like it if journos were saying you had been sacked from wherever it is you work? How would your family react? Obviously you don't have the financial cushion LvG does, but it's still his job. He has every right to be pissed.
Storming out? Did you even watch the press conference?
Original post by qasidb

Posted from TSR Mobile

i can understand why he walked out though yesterday there were rumuors everywhere about him being sacked(how would you react if you didnt know yoou lost your job but was the last person told about it) and mourinho replacing him considering we are a win away from top 4
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
I couldnt agree with this more. We had an incredible manager in SAF who held the role for 26 years but times have changed. We laugh at other clubs when they change and sack thier managers but now we're the same. We're like any other top club out there and we're likely to go through managers now as well after a 3-4 year spell if they under achieve. The days of Fergie and Wenger are gone, football has changed and so has our club. If we didnt have Fergie, we'd have been no different than the rest of the clubs.

I cant see how anybody can defend van Gaal. I feel sad about the pressure he has come under but thats the type of pressure you'll feel at any top job in any industry if you arent performing well. Frankly, the only positive thing hes done is bring through youngsters into the first team although thats even arguably down to injuries. He got us into the champions league places last season but thats expected considering he spent like 150m last season. He spent another good 100m or so and this season we've played awful awful football. He cant keep saying its a process, you cannot spend 250m or so pounds and not challenge for the title. It cant take you 18 months to get a club playing the style you want ffs. He has mismanaged the team, comtinued to be so god damn stubborn and simply plays players out of position like he wants to show hes doing some next tactical masterplan.

Seriously if he showed the agression that he has shown in this press conference and made the players translate that on the pitch, then the players should be fired up for the Stoke match and respond. If they dont respond against Stoke, im not talking about losing but if performances from the team is still woeful then its fair to assume that he has lost the players and so therefore his position has become untenable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correction

David de Gea got us into the Champions League, we would have finished in a Moyes position if it wasn't for him.
Original post by zKlown
Correction

David de Gea got us into the Champions League, we would have finished in a Moyes position if it wasn't for him.

Not to mention Liverpool massively declined when Suarez left and Sturridge went on a season long loan to Royal Liverpool University Hospital FC.
Original post by Kenan and Kpel
Mother****er how would you like it if journos were saying you had been sacked from wherever it is you work? How would your family react? Obviously you don't have the financial cushion LvG does, but it's still his job. He has every right to be pissed.

I would be really annoyed about those rumours. But still I would try and be the bigger person and not walk out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;lH5jmsHXrgY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH5jmsHXrgY[/video]

Very emotional interview! #FeelSorry4LVG
(edited 8 years ago)
image.jpg

Remember when everyone went crazy over LVG just cos he subbed a keeper at the WC lmfao

Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

I don't understand how LVG can possibly continue with this regimented and restricted style of play in the final third? We need movement, it's so obvious.
Reply 815
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
image.jpg

Remember when everyone went crazy over LVG just cos he subbed a keeper at the WC lmfao

look at those clean sheets :coma:
LVG is boss.
That's jokes.
As soon as that journo said 'What have we done wrong', LvG should have ethered his ass right there and then. Start by shouting 'mother****ing mutt' at him and then go from there.
Original post by Manchester United

Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

I don't understand how LVG can possibly continue with this regimented and restricted style of play in the final third? We need movement, it's so obvious.

It worked with Guardiola because he had the players to achieve it as well as their commitment. Meanwhile we have the likes of Rooney and Fellaini trying to do what the likes of Villa and Iniesta did. Never going to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest