The Student Room Group

Fashion tips for girls?

Hey everyone! Well, I wear clothes that cover my body, so I don't wear T-shirts unless I wear a full arm top underneath it,

I usually wear: Long top/ Jumper and demim Jeans or black trousers, Dress, Cardigan and Leggings and shoes.

Any tips to enhance my look? Like to appear more fashionable. BTW i wear a Hijab if that makes any difference.

So any ideas? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Dress for your body shape, not necessarily to suit what is in "fashion"". You'll look more polished and attractive if you wear clothes that suit you and your body type rather than just buying clothes because of's what is "in". Wearing poor fitting clothing or clothing that doesn't suit your body type can make you look pretty crap to be honest.
Reply 2
dress smart and casual
Reply 3
watch Habiba Da Silva or Dina Tokio on YouTube. I love how they dress
Reply 4
loose maxi dresses

follow some famous hijabis on instagram or watch YT videos, they usually have amazing styles
Reply 5
Original post by SophieSmall
Dress for your body shape, not necessarily to suit what is in "fashion"". You'll look more polished and attractive if you wear clothes that suit you and your body type rather than just buying clothes because of's what is "in". Wearing poor fitting clothing or clothing that doesn't suit your body type can make you look pretty crap to be honest.

U wear size 12 clothes. I don't wear clothes that are tight or too loose

Original post by ...imrah
dress smart and casual

Original post by User008
watch Habiba Da Silva or Dina Tokio on YouTube. I love how they dress

I'll check it out now :smile:

Original post by ivy.98
loose maxi dresses

follow some famous hijabis on instagram or watch YT videos, they usually have amazing styles

Oo maxi dresses are good for Summer only tbh
Original post by Anonbabes
U wear size 12 clothes. I don't wear clothes that are tight or too loose

I'll check it out now :smile:

Oo maxi dresses are good for Summer only tbh

Saying what size clothes you are gives very little information about what you actually look like. I'm talking about body shape and height though yes weight also comes into play.

You can line up 5 women who are all a size 12 and they could all potentially look very different.
Reply 7
Saying what size clothes you are gives very little information about what you actually look like. I'm talking about body shape and height though yes weight also comes into play.

You can line up 5 women who are all a size 12 and they could all potentially look very different.

Height 5'4 and weight 56kg
Original post by Anonbabes
Height 5'4 and weight 56kg

Again doesn't say much without the full picture. You could be hour glass, you could be apple or you could be pear, tube or any other variance.

Some clothes that look great on a tube can make an apple look like a chubby sack of potatoes, and clothes that look good on an hourglass can make a tube look a bit frail/ shapeless. It really depends on the overall shape and size of your body.

For example, I am 4'9 and 45kg and I'm just about an hour glass but I have a short torso. Due to this clothes with a high neckline make me look shorter and like a bit of a ball and chubby due to my larger breasts in comparison to my frame despite the fact I'm actually quite slim.
Reply 9
Again doesn't say much without the full picture. You could be hour glass, you could be apple or you could be pear, tube or any other variance.

Some clothes that look great on a tube can make an apple look like a chubby sack of potatoes, and clothes that look good on an hourglass can make a tube look a bit frail/ shapeless. It really depends on the overall shape and size of your body.

For example, I am 4'9 and 45kg and I'm just about an hour glass but I have a short torso. Due to this clothes with a high neckline make me look shorter and like a bit of a ball and chubby due to my larger breasts in comparison to my frame despite the fact I'm actually quite slim.

I'm quite slim. However, my main body fat is in my stomach. I am pretty curvyish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending