The Student Room Group

The Grime Society I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
Agreed, that's pretty much what I posted a while back, he is quite good at spitting, but there are about a thousand kids in London who are. He's quite good but hardly worthy of this amount of recognition.

He is top 10, he is unique, and if you take everything he's done it'd be very difficult to construct a compelling argument as to why he isn't. I'm including everything by the way, productions, lyrics, records, sets, everything. If he released a greatest hits compilation CD, do you think there would be 10 other people who could top it?

jme is not unique

i prefer Durrty Goodz

Durrty GOODZ IS WAY BETTER
Jme released a top 10 compilation cd so????
any producer and rapper can release a compilation cd if the record company wants them too
his flow is not unique many mcs in the beginning had this flow
i remembered the square nokia and people spraying their lyrics with the basic flow
it definitely not unique to jme. A lot of mandem left the scen, others in jail so they didnt carry on but there is no way one can say that the flow belongs to jme.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 81
all about chip. lyrical content far out does stormzy
Christmas has come early, lads. 😂😂

[video="youtube;7KXX9vvkbTI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KXX9vvkbTI[/video]
Original post by bigmansouf
jme is not unique

In that case I'm sure you'll be able to name lots of MCs who sound like him :smile:

i prefer Durrty Goodz

Durrty GOODZ IS WAY BETTER
Jme released a top 10 compilation cd so????
any producer and rapper can release a compilation cd if the record company wants them too
his flow is not unique many mcs in the beginning had this flow
i remembered the square nokia and people spraying their lyrics with the basic flow
it definitely not unique to jme. A lot of mandem left the scen, others in jail so they didnt carry on but there is no way one can say that the flow belongs to jme.

He has not released one, I said if he did there wouldn't be 10 other people with better ones.

Durrty Goodz is way too much of a try hard and pretentious to the point where he is unlistenable.
Reply 84
In that case I'm sure you'll be able to name lots of MCs who sound like him :smile:

He has not released one, I said if he did there wouldn't be 10 other people with better ones.

Durrty Goodz is way too much of a try hard and pretentious to the point where he is unlistenable.

Durrty Goodz is better than Jme, but that not a fair comparison anyway, I put Goodz is my top 3

Jme is not a bad MC, just not for me. His flow just seems broken to me and I'm not a massive fan of his content.

There is this one tune I do like, it's him telling a story which sounds like a shooting but by the end, it was him and Skepta trying to hide a present for their mum, something along them lines.
Original post by zKlown
Durrty Goodz is better than Jme, but that not a fair comparison anyway, I put Goodz is my top 3

He is better at 'spitting' - rapping faster with multiple syllables - but that's where it ends. On the whole he's a boring pseudo intellectual rapper who has made some of the corniest, gimmick filled music to ever haunt the UK. He thought he was being clever when he made Give Me The Music, even though that concept had already been done by Common over ten years before.

I can't understand how someone could go out of their way to listen to a Durrty Goodz record and actually enjoy it.

Jme is not a bad MC, just not for me. His flow just seems broken to me and I'm not a massive fan of his content.

I think you're having a different discussion to me. You're focusing on spitting and flow, I'm focusing out music and output. If you only consider the former then you may as well say Ghetts is better than Wiley.
Reply 86
He is better at 'spitting' - rapping faster with multiple syllables - but that's where it ends. On the whole he's a boring pseudo intellectual rapper who has made some of the corniest, gimmick filled music to ever haunt the UK. He thought he was being clever when he made Give Me The Music, even though that concept had already been done by Common over ten years before.

I can't understand how someone could go out of their way to listen to a Durrty Goodz record and actually enjoy it.

I think you're having a different discussion to me. You're focusing on spitting and flow, I'm focusing out music and output. If you only consider the former then you may as well say Ghetts is better than Wiley.

If we're talking discography then yes I agree with you, Jme is up there. Can't really argue.

I can listen to him but he holds no replay value to me. We'll have to agree to disagree on Jme I'm afraid.

And if we're talking content and flow again, Wiley is still better than Ghetto lol.
Reply 87
Ghetts> Wiley.
I'm more Hip Hop but I'm in just for the beefs.
Original post by 0lut0
I wonder why SBTV died...

come again!?!
Original post by zKlown
If we're talking discography then yes I agree with you, Jme is up there. Can't really argue.

I can listen to him but he holds no replay value to me. We'll have to agree to disagree on Jme I'm afraid.

And if we're talking content and flow again, Wiley is still better than Ghetto lol.

Ghetts is the better spitter, but Wiley is the better artist.

Who are your top 3? Goodz is one so I'm guessing Wiley and Dizzee Rascal are the other two?
Reply 91
Ghetts is the better spitter, but Wiley is the better artist.

Who are your top 3? Goodz is one so I'm guessing Wiley and Dizzee Rascal are the other two?

Goodz, Dot and Dizzee
Original post by zKlown
Goodz, Dot and Dizzee

Decent. Wiley and Dizzee are by far 1 and 2 for me, not sure who the third would be. It did used to be Ghetts until the name change but he's becoming an increasingly sad bastard with everything he releases. 05-09 he was very, very good though. I'd probably say Crazy Titch, for the energy and records. Probably the only rapper I'd go out of my way to check up on these days.

Truth be told, I don't even listen to Grime lol, I stopped about five or six years ago, I just got bored with it all. The hour spent listening to a Grime record - where I can guarantee I know what I'm going to hear before I hear it - could be better spent finding something that surprises me.

I find it amusing how there is this notion that Grime is experiencing a resurgence, and it is back (people have been saying this for years now), and all the most prominent records are rehashes of the past. Even the stuff Skepta is doing now. There isn't really a new artist who has pushed the sound forward, it's all revisits to 2004/5.
Reply 93
Decent. Wiley and Dizzee are by far 1 and 2 for me, not sure who the third would be. It did used to be Ghetts until the name change but he's becoming an increasingly sad bastard with everything he releases. 05-09 he was very, very good though. I'd probably say Crazy Titch, for the energy and records. Probably the only rapper I'd go out of my way to check up on these days.

Truth be told, I don't even listen to Grime lol, I stopped about five or six years ago, I just got bored with it all. The hour spent listening to a Grime record - where I can guarantee I know what I'm going to hear before I hear it - could be better spent finding something that surprises me.

I find it amusing how there is this notion that Grime is experiencing a resurgence, and it is back (people have been saying this for years now), and all the most prominent records are rehashes of the past. Even the stuff Skepta is doing now. There isn't really a new artist who has pushed the sound forward, it's all revisits to 2004/5.

I agree with everything you said, Wiley is the 4th on my list btw.

I do still lookout for bits. There a few new MCs I like but for me, no-one has ever made Grime like Dot Rotten did.

He produced his own unique sound and was potentially the best on the mic too.

I mean if you listen to his first two CDs, I can't imagine any Grime artist ever producing something so unique and special as them.

I think the best thing I have heard from Grime in recent years is Tre Mission and even he isn't really Grime, he's trap. But his sound is unique.
grime is too hyped and many gave up hope
in terms of uk rap
Do you remember L DOT MAN

[video="youtube;bSSp-uuDRo8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSp-uuDRo8[/video]

Crazy titch was very promising shame prison had him trapped
Reply 95
You guys have probably heard this - chips 96 bars of revenge. It's actually quite good :redface:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wsAEHEY-hj4
Reply 96
The song that introduced me to Wiley was "Can you hear me" and I actually fell in love just a lil bit that day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TbQaCCb_Gzc
So whos winning/won the beef between chip and bugzy, chip and tinie?

Been off grime for a little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bigmansouf
Crazy titch was very promising shame prison had him trapped

3:30 ^ :eek:

3:50 ^

Can tell everybody is scared of him. ****ing nutcase :cool:

Amazing.

"You can bring Pop to Grime, that's why I made the Sugababe come on a Grime tune"

Quick Reply

Latest