The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Wahab Riaz' spell of bowling vs Shane Watson in the World Cup
http://skysports.tv/WlfGFt

Cricket quiz put on Twitter by Sky sports. It's safe to say, i didn't do too well. Hopefully that link works.
Reply 282
England ODI squad
E Morgan (capt), M Ali, J Bairstow, J Buttler, S Finn, A Hales, C Jordan, A Rashid, J Root, J Roy, B Stokes, J Taylor, R Topley, D Willey, C Woakes.

England T20 squad
E Morgan (capt), M Ali, S Billings, J Buttler, S Finn, A Hales, C Jordan, A Rashid, J Root, J Roy, B Stokes, R Topley, D Willey, C Woakes, J Vince.
Original post by The Wavefunction
http://skysports.tv/WlfGFt

Cricket quiz put on Twitter by Sky sports. It's safe to say, i didn't do too well. Hopefully that link works.

I got 4 :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 284
Weird to see those white-ball squads. I wonder what that means for Broad in the shorter format?

He's the leading wicket taker for us currently, and at his age you imagine he'll look to stay on competing at the top level across all three forms of the game.

Bayliss has said he still has a future in ODI/T20, but if he's not playing the latter now, will he be doing so at the World Twenty20 next year?

I can't see it personally. But, hey, the selectors have a mind of their own - so I may be wrong.

One more than me 😂

One more than me!
Original post by Aky786UK
One more than me!

Original post by The Wavefunction
One more than me 😂

:awesome: Go me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Favourite moment in International cricket this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

India's world cup - bowled out every opponent upto semi final
Or all of Shane Watson's dismissals
Original post by tazza ma razza
India's world cup - bowled out every opponent upto semi final

I was thinking this, but the fact that we got smashed in the semis by Australia means that it isn't :lol:

I'm not really sure what mine is, ABDV smashing the fastest century possibly, or India annihilating SA at home.
I was thinking this, but the fact that we got smashed in the semis by Australia means that it isn't :lol:

I'm not really sure what mine is, ABDV smashing the fastest century possibly, or India annihilating SA at home.

Not sure they were annihilated due to the unfair advantage :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
Woakes will replace Anderson in the Boxing Day Test, apparently. Hm. That's an interesting one. Finn seemed to have played his way into form, but apparently Woakes has been bowling quickest in nets and practice sessions. I guess we don't see all that goes on behind closed doors, of course.

With SA missing Philander, I fancied England. But Anderson will be a huge blow, even if the last time he was absent Broad came to the fore with a blistering performance. It's a tough ask to go to SA without your leading bowler and get a result.
Original post by Enginerd.
Not sure they were annihilated due to the unfair advantage :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always banked on India winning but I thought SA would give more of a fight, hence the annihilation :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always banked on India winning but I thought SA would give more of a fight, hence the annihilation :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also wanted more of a fight from SA but the pitches were really poor, didn't even follow the series after the first test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also wanted more of a fight from SA but the pitches were really poor, didn't even follow the series after the first test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not really sure about that though. Like, yeah they turned from day one, but it wasn't massive turn and if you applied yourself, you could have made runs. The 3rd test match at Nagpur was a terrible pitch, but the others weren't too bad. SA knew they were going to be massively tested by spin, especially with Ashwin who is in fine form at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not really sure about that though. Like, yeah they turned from day one, but it wasn't massive turn and if you applied yourself, you could have made runs. The 3rd test match at Nagpur was a terrible pitch, but the others weren't too bad. SA knew they were going to be massively tested by spin, especially with Ashwin who is in fine form at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see where you're coming from, I just think SA underestimated when the spin element would come into play, plus, India themselves never made a score above 300? Throughout the series, or did they? ICC even criticized the Nagpur pitch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see where you're coming from, I just think SA underestimated when the spin element would come into play, plus, India themselves never made a score above 300? Throughout the series, or did they? ICC even criticized the Nagpur pitch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, and yeah we didn't make 300. Our batting hasn't been great recently, to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 298

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

SA were woeful. It seemed like, as soon as they lost the first Test, their minds were already on the plane home. Steyn has practically admitted as much, and the defeats for them got more and more heavy as the series went on.
Original post by Mackay
SA were woeful. It seemed like, as soon as they lost the first Test, their minds were already on the plane home. Steyn has practically admitted as much, and the defeats for them got more and more heavy as the series went on.

Wow. If you're Cook, you're delighted to hear that sort of news indicating the sort of mood in the SA camp but as a neutral, it's sad to see. They're going through a phase of transition in the longer format, replacing Kallis/Smith and De Villiers IMO, probably will bow out of Test cricket soon to focus, rightly, on the shorter format in which he excels. Amla as captain reminds me of Mohammed Yousuf's disastrous spells as captain - brilliant batsman, but nowhere near the individual to place the responsibility of captain. But guess I'm pre-judging Amla early, could turn it round.

Original post by Mackay
Woakes will replace Anderson in the Boxing Day Test, apparently. Hm. That's an interesting one. Finn seemed to have played his way into form, but apparently Woakes has been bowling quickest in nets and practice sessions. I guess we don't see all that goes on behind closed doors, of course.

Interesting - just completed Flintoff's latest book and he actually speaks highly of Woakes and wants to see him get his chance. Big opportunity for him.

In other news, Mohammed Hafeez and ODI captain for Pakistan, Azhar Ali, have refused to partake in a training camp due to the involvement of Mohammed Amir. Hafeez' probably sour Amir got him out in the BPL recently but he's acting all high and mighty when he'd be no loss to the team if he didn't come back and he's influencing Azhar Ali who is close with.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest