The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Martial is 19 so won't be consistent.

Other than Hernandez are any of the strikers current form actually good enough to displace Martial at ST?

I do agree that LVG is planting seeds for the future but matter of fact is that United's youth system is not as good as it was 20 years ago so he can't just do what he did at Bayern and Barcelona and give a bunch of players considerable playing time from the offset. Do people realistically see Lingard and Mcnair in roles more than the likes of Evans and Nani in a few years time? I think not.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
That's interesting, what makes you say this?
I feel inclined to disagree solely because our managerial situation isn't one that needs imminent attention unlike other clubs as such. Furthermore I don't know how feasible this would be, especially given that Arsene's contract does not end until 2017 if I recall correctly? Either Pep takes a sabbatical, or Arsene steps down earlier than expected. Neither of which I see happening.

If Guardiola and his chief executive truly know his next club, he can't say that unless he's been given a job a while ago. Maybe his Man City friends tapped him up, but if Wenger's leaving then Arsenal are the only major club with a current 'vacancy', and Pep's not adverse to having a good break between jobs.

Also I found it interesting that Wenger publicly stated his annoyance at Guardiola for announcing his resignation early, like he was chastising Pep for making it partly public, for being unfair to all the clubs who are going to chase him when he's not really available, and also because it's the opposite of what he's doing at his own club: "it’s not necessarily good for their own team, nor for the speculation about the managers who are going through a little bit of a difficult patch."
Saw the press conference. Well, skipped to the end mainly.

Who's the dick making the 'ooo' noise and smarmy tutting like a 12 year old?
Original post by ozzyoscy
Saw the press conference. Well, skipped to the end mainly.

Who's the dick making the 'ooo' noise and smarmy tutting like a 12 year old?

probably a journo from the Daily Mail :tongue:

He's now gonna blame LVG for the migrant crisis and how we should all exit the EU :colondollar:
Original post by jam277
Martial is 19 so won't be consistent.

Other than Hernandez are any of the strikers current form actually good enough to displace Martial at ST?

I do agree that LVG is planting seeds for the future but matter of fact is that United's youth system is not as good as it was 20 years ago so he can't just do what he did at Bayern and Barcelona and give a bunch of players considerable playing time from the offset. Do people realistically see Lingard and Mcnair in roles more than the likes of Evans and Nani in a few years time? I think not.

One thing that is annoying me, is all this hype over Hernandez.

Even if he would have stayed, he would not have scored goals because we simply aren't creating chances. Our problems lie deeper than a predatory finisher.
Fun facts: Van Gaal, Man Utd's first ever foreign manager (if you don't consider Ireland foreign), has the fourth-highest win percentage in Man Utd history, 1 percent below Moyes in third. Busby is 6th, joint with Giggs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Strong edit.
Original post by Rk2k14
Strong edit.

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

Rk just likes putting the word, "strong" in front of words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Strong awareness.
Fun facts: Van Gaal, Man Utd's first ever foreign manager (if you don't consider Ireland foreign), has the fourth-highest win percentage in Man Utd history, 1 percent below Moyes in third. Busby is 6th, joint with Giggs.

Also that's not a good stat. He should be at least second considering how much money he's spent. Being behind Moyes is atrocious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Rk just likes putting the word, "strong" in front of words.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh is he that guy with the mental/social condition? He had a different name a while ago?

Original post by qasidb
Also that's not a good stat. He should be at least second considering how much money he's spent. Being behind Moyes is atrocious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Part of the point was that they're all ridiculous stats.
Can confirm thats not me.
Oh is he that guy with the mental/social condition? He had a different name a while ago?.

Nah, his name is Lucio
Fots.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Nah, his name is Lucio

Hang on I'm gonna have to check my home page to see his name.

difeo. I remember from even the small part of what I saw of this forum that he and Lucio were pretty much the same person (or rather literally are).

difeo. I remember from even the small part of what I saw of this forum that he and Lucio were pretty much the same person (or rather literally are).

haha :biggrin:
Original post by qasidb
LVG: "I wish you a merry Christmas and maybe also a happy new year when I see you."

He said, "maybe". Even he's not confident he'll last until the next year.

Probably looking too much into it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or maybe he's saying that he can't be bothered enough to have them in the press conference and might just walk out on it.

@difeo Thoughts?
@difeo
thoughts