The Student Room Group

What political party in the Uk best represents Christian values?

No joke post saying 'Nazi party' or some idiotic stuff like that please. Personally, I think it's the Conservative Party although Daivd Cameron's approval of gay marriage makes me feel that no party seems to fully support the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hoping4Astars
No joke post saying 'Nazi party' or some idiotic stuff like that please. Personally, I think it's the Conservative Party although Daivd Cameron's approval of gay marriage makes me feel that no party seems to fully support the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Which of Christ's teaching's was that?

*yawn*

I'd say the Christian Peoples Alliance.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Peoples_Alliance
Original post by Quady
Which of Christ's teaching's was that?

*yawn*

I'd say the Christian Peoples Alliance.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Peoples_Alliance

The Christian People's Alliance is a nice Christian party but unfortunately not enough Christians in the UK vote for them. I wish there was at least one area in the UK where they win.
The Christian People's Alliance is a nice Christian party but unfortunately not enough Christians in the UK vote for them. I wish there was at least one area in the UK where they win.

Won't happen. The majority of the UK are too progressive to vote for groups like that. You can't even follow your faith absolutely so stop.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4

So why'd you say the Conservatives?

Which of Jesus Christs teachings disapproved of gay marriage...?
Original post by ivybridge
Won't happen. The majority of the UK are too progrrssive to vote for groups like that. You can't even follow your faith absolutely so stop.

I don't understand. I have faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.
UKIP
Original post by ivybridge
Won't happen. The majority of the UK are too progrrssive to vote for groups like that. You can't even follow your faith absolutely so stop.

Oh you know! That one thing with Sodom and Gomorrah, something about raping angels and sulfuric rain. Also that one wife lady got turned into salt...
Reply 8
I don't understand. I have faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour.

Yet didn't choose any of the parties with 'Christian' in their name who had candidates in the general election?

Interesting...
Original post by Quady
Yet didn't choose any of the parties with 'Christian' in their name who had candidates in the general election?

Interesting...

I haven't voted in any elections. The only reason I didn't choose any of the Christian parties is because voting for them will be pretty much pointless since they get less than 1% of the vote in my constituency.
Reply 10
I haven't voted in any elections. The only reason I didn't choose any of the Christian parties is because voting for them will be pretty much pointless since they get less than 1% of the vote in my constituency.

Certainly will be if the other 99% of sell outs do the same yes.

Its a shame you dont't have faith.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Quady
Certainly will be if the other 99% of sell outs do the same yes.

Its a shame you dont't have faith.

I have faith. My local conservative MP is a Christian anyway.
Reply 12
I have faith. My local conservative MP is a Christian anyway.

So goes against the whip?
UKIP because the priority should be to get out of the Godless EU
Original post by Torquemada
UKIP because the priority should be to get out of the Godless EU

you don't want that to happen

when did Jesus mention about gays ?
Definitely not the tories.
The Monster Raving Loony Party.
Reply 18
It depends on what is meant by 'Christian values', a Quaker for example is unlikely to have similar values to a 'prosperity gospel' Evangelical.
It is often said that the Labour Party owes a lot to Methodism, the Tory party seems to fit with the ethos of 'high churches', the DUP have their own brand of particularly fanatical conservative protestantism (though I forget the name). There's also a fair few fringe theocratic parties.

Spoiler

Labour. But none tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending