The Student Room Group

eczema

Anybody experienced it? Was it due to an allergy? Where abouts do you have it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonbabes

I don't know if it's due to an allergy or not but I've had eczema on my hands for pretty much as long as I can remember and the worst-affected regions are pretty discoloured because of it. :s-smilie:
Reply 2

Not eczema but I get random allergic reactions to a lot of things I guess.

But for me it clears as quickly as it comes, I could start getting red patches within 10 seconds, then they'd disappear just as randomly
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know if it's due to an allergy or not but I've had eczema on my hands for pretty much as long as I can remember and the worst-affected regions are pretty discoloured because of it. :s-smilie:

Hope it improves x
I've had it on my legs for like 3 years & arms.

Have it on my upper lip and face for more than a year. Recently, had a patch test done and found out the shampoo and handwash I used I was allergic to. Now my skin is getting better , but at weird times I get allergic reaction even tho I stay away from allergens.

Does heat affect your skin?
Reply 4
Original post by RonnieRJ

But for me it clears as quickly as it comes, I could start getting red patches within 10 seconds, then they'd disappear just as randomly

Get an allergy test done
Reply 5
Get an allergy test done

I've had them, I'm allergic to like 30 fckn things including WHEAT so I don't bother like
I can't drop pizza and baguettes and toast
I'll live with my allergic reactions lol
I've had them, I'm allergic to like 30 fckn things including WHEAT so I don't bother like
I can't drop pizza and baguettes and toast
I'll live with my allergic reactions lol

U only got checked for food allergies?I had a patch test

I have slight eczema and none of my siblings have it. :fuhrer:
Damn my genetics. :colonhash:

Not so much as an allergy but that my skin can't retain a level of moisture so I'd have to apply some skin moisturizer every morning thats all.

I have it on:

1) behind my knee.
2) right below my biceps.
3) below my calves.

how does it heal so quickly : o
Reply 9
I used to get it so bad but now I only get it on the inside of my elbows when I'm really stressed
Reply 10
I used to have it from dry skin. It comes back every now and then on my feet but nothing major. Just use cream and it should be fine
I had eczema above my lips. Vaseline does not work!! :frown: But pretty much all prescribed creams will get rid of eczema though.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I have slight eczema and none of my siblings have it. :fuhrer:
Damn my genetics. :colonhash:

Not so much as an allergy but that my skin can't retain a level of moisture so I'd have to apply some skin moisturizer every morning thats all.

I have it on:

1) behind my knee.
2) right below my biceps.
3) below my calves.

Original post by Celine1:
how does it heal so quickly : o

Oh same, I have to moisturizer my skin around 2-3 times a day.

What moustriser do you use ?

Original post by Goaded
I used to get it so bad but now I only get it on the inside of my elbows when I'm really stressed

Oh right

Original post by UWS
I used to have it from dry skin. It comes back every now and then on my feet but nothing major. Just use cream and it should be fine

Creams? Be more specific. It won't go permently

Original post by highlight
I had eczema above my lips. Vaseline does not work!! :frown: But pretty much all prescribed creams will get rid of eczema though.

Do u mean on your skin like moustache area ? Well if vasaline doesn't work , use steroids and emollient. I hav eczema there for more than a year
i had it :d
Reply 14
Practically everywhere :frown: having a really bad flare up atm. I've recently been given an antimicrobial moisturiser that doubles as a soap substitute. Also have a hydrocortisone cream with an antibiotic in but it's not helping much. Makes me cry sometimes it's just so darn itchy.
I have it and it runs in my dads side of the family. It isn't bad in the summer but it flares up a lot during winter.
I have eczema.on my face, hands and elbows but it's not triggered by allergies. I have to moisturise my skin with a prescribed cream twice a day which also acts as a soap substitute. Have had eczema since I was little.
Original post by Abzz789
Practically everywhere :frown: having a really bad flare up atm. I've recently been given an antimicrobial moisturiser that doubles as a soap substitute. Also have a hydrocortisone cream with an antibiotic in but it's not helping much. Makes me cry sometimes it's just so darn itchy.

awh mines gone away thank god :P and mine was bad had it on my face and arms, it was red all the time ergh, glad its gone. Having Carpet also makes it worse btw due to dust and stuff. still have permanent scars from it
Reply 18
Original post by PrincessAnna
awh mines gone away thank god :P and mine was bad had it on my face and arms, it was red all the time ergh, glad its gone. Having Carpet also makes it worse btw due to dust and stuff

Don't think mum would appreciate me ripping up the carpet haha
Reply 19
Original post by PrincessZara
i had it :d

Had it ? Where abouts? Has it gone?

Original post by Abzz789

I can emphasise with you. Where about do you have it? Tbh your hydrocortisone cream isn't the best steriod if your skin is bad

Original post by Mr Smurf
I have it and it runs in my dads side of the family. It isn't bad in the summer but it flares up a lot during winter.

Oh mines bad in both weather.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending